Would you eat bugs if you were visiting a culture where they ate bugs

lets say you got a qt gf but she is mexican and you go to mexico to visit her family and they are all eating grasshoppers and bugs and stuff. they say "ay user muchacho, some try these delicioso bugs or else you cant fuck my daughter"
are you too gringo?

depends what kinda bugs, grasshoppers or maggots sure whatever.
cockroaches, never ever.

Sounds like you're racist.

I didn't say what race the mexicans were.

Thanks for the laugh but I have honestly always wanted to try a bite of some of those various fried critters from around the world. Someone from /int/ was saying that they were very savory and crunchy kinda like chips.

mexicans are actually a legume.

I've heard fried tarantulas are actually pretty good. Supposed to taste like shrimp

lol no, fuck that

Nah I am too much of an ubermensch to lower myself to eating nasty bugs in some third world shithole

I don't know if mexico has them but the big fat white grubs like the Witchetty grub of australia roasted are pretty good and taste just like bacon fat.

If I wanted to eat bugs I'd go to wendys

Is it cooked? Sure. Uncooked has too much of a chance for parasites.

>I already ate bugs when I eated out your daughter.

Like freaking crabs or something like that per say? Haha lol I get the joke haha! :)

I have eaten dried, salted crickets, at least, and I can confirm that they have a savory taste and crispy texture; I would eat them again.

I think people imagine insects as tasting bad because they look creepy, but properly prepared, this is not the case, at least not with the kinds of species people consume.

Even so, I would never, ever, eat cockroach.

As a person that has food in the house, I would eat bugs right now if they were cooked.

g8m8

Absolutely not, I'd have to be starving or very drunk, and even very drunk they'd have to smell good.

Grass hopper flour that is a powder and not creepy bug shaped seems a lot more doable for me.

I actually used to be a picky eater until I grew up, got to the point of starvation a few times, and actually ate stuff I never would otherwise, turns out a lot of shit I refused to eat was okay.

Crispy fried bugs? Sure, especially grasshoppers/crickets

Squishy bugs like grubs or larvae? No thx

fuck no. I wouldnt fuck a bitch who eats sea roaches. she can get fucked by her family herself.

you fucking faggot, insects are disgusting. crickets and roaches are the same.

>No thx

how about no thx to ALL insects. why are grosshoppers and crickets an exception? they're all fucking bugs

pro tip: the average mexican doesn't eat insects and would most likely not eat them, insects are only eaten in predominant indigenous regions and turistic locations
t. mexican that would probably only try grasshopers drunk

Thai locals presented me with an offering of insects of various species. Being a cultured gentleman, I imbibed the alcohol proffered and consumed the invertebrates. The creatures had a similar taste and consistency to fried and salted potato flakes.

I'd try it. I mean, I eat chocolate covered ants all the time. Roasted grasshopper might be pretty good.

shrimp, crickets, roaches, lobsters they're all fucking disgusting I wouldn't fuck a bitch who eats em. nor would I eat that shit myself. I don't fuck with bugs

>eating chocolate as an excuse to eat bugs

kill yourself tonight faggot

I agree that shrimp and lobsters are disgusting bottom feeders, but what's really wrong with crickets?

>insects.jpg
>picture of crustaceans

The issue with bugs is presentation. You all eat chicken nuggets and sausages, even though they are make the nastiest parts of animals plus some other dubious components. If someone finds a way to make crickets' sausage and have it taste good you all would not complain.

I live in a country where we eat crabs, lobsters, crawfish, shrimp, and langostino - It's called the United States of America.

Anyone who wouldn't is a faggot

its flat out vomit inducing. It's some shit a fucking zombie would eat. something reptiles eat. I would fuckin yak if I saw some faggot eat a cricket or grasshopper. get the fuck outta here with that shit.

I would damn right fucking complain if I found out a faggot cricket was in my sausage and not some pig intestine.

>t. I don't understand biology

Only bugs I couldn't eat would be spiders desu, they're just too weird for me. Otherwise, food is food my dood.

Oddly enough the biggest thing keeping me from trying it is the price. Even in areas where bugs are eaten they're not usually all that cheap, they can even be more expensive than the standard chicken/beef/pork in some asian countries. Bug farming just hasn't been made efficient yet I guess.

Is this what langostino is? Because if it is, I had by accident once and it was fucking delicious.

no need for the big words to justify your insect eating fetishes my friend

would help if I uploaded the image.

I’ve had crickets before too. I’m not too squeamish when it comes to insects but it is kind of disgusting thinking about eating a whole creature eyeballs, asshole and go tract filled with half digested food and all

>he doesn’t know about the worm in the tequila

T. Gringo

do you have to eat everything the media tells you to eat? just because everyone is eating it doesn't mean you have to too. it's the same with music, whatever the radio stations point to, people follow. no need to be a sheep.

What would lead you to believe that? I was offered some once and I was curious so I tried the because I knew they were safe. Probably won’t ever eat them again unless I needed to survive or something. Since when when has “the media” told anyone to eat insects? I’ve literally never seen or heard of that.

>not breeding and eating cockroaches for the sick protein macros
never gonna make it DYEL

Chapulins hell yeah
Bugs are easy to raise, nutrious, and better for the environment. Motherfucker I wish I could fet more bugs in America

i wont eat cockroaches, spiders or tarantulas, any other bug is game.

>tfw eating bugs was a college tradition and fried crickets with salt and pepper is actually an S tier snack food

Obviously ‘sea insects’ are among the most delicious of foods, pretty much across the board.

For actual bugs, all I’ve ever had are silkworm larvae many times in Korea: taste like shit and smell 10000x worse, but since they’re often given out free when I’m 11/10 drunk I’ll eat.

As long as they're, like, cleaned and cooked and not poisonous, I'll try eating some bugs, why not?

You can find Mexican chapulines in NYC...

Langostino is basically just a fake lobster. Not really fake since it's real meat of a real crustacean, but not what you picture when you hear lobster.

I've eaten friend grasshopper in Tanzania. Didn't taste much although I conciously chose to not reflect much on that matter. Was mostly really crispy with not much meat in the middle.

They also have huge flying ants that have white stuff in their asses which they extract and fry in a pan with some oil and flour. The locals said it was amazing but I turned that down.

That actually looks appetizing enough for me to give it a shot.

If I'm honest, the number one barrier between me and eating something like grasshopper or mealworm is that those things are so small, and have so little "meat" on them, you have to eat them whole. Therefore, you have to see the thing you're eating in its entirety, and recognize it as a disgusting insect.

Crab meat, shrimp, etc. all look very different when cooked compared to what they look like alive. Even a whole lobster is something you deshell in pieces, ignoring the bits that remind you of what it is, like the face.

You can't do that with a grasshopper or a cockroach, because they're too small to be worth that kind of work. You're forced to confront the reality of what you're eating, and it violently repels our basic human instincts where insect=gross poisonous thing that will bite me.

Mexicans aren`t a race, its a way of life.

Oh and also during a meeting with the locals a really huge grasshopper skooted in the room. One of my african friends grabbed it and held it firmly in her hands the whole meeting, and I eyeballed the entire ordeal pretty hard. When the meeting was over, she devoured the whole thing raw, claiming it was a delicasy.

Sounds exactly like what I had. In summertime here, some dude parks his fresh seafood truck on the road and there's this giant sign "20 BABY LOBSTER TAILS FOR $20". I thought it was illegal to not release such tiny lobster and his explanation about it was something like "Is full grown baby lobster. Different type lobster. Full grown."

Cracked those fuckers open and sauteed them in a wine, lemon and garlic sauce. Fucking awesome. At least now I know what they're actually called.

I don't live on A train though

as long as those bugs are shrimp or lobster... sure.

"no"

I already eat spiders, ants, and termites

scruffy! get of my computer or no noms!

It's actually illegal to sell langostino as real lobster like that cause it's false advertising.

Yeah, but insects don't have quite the same anatomy as mammals, you're it literally eating fried shit, insects don't digest the same as us.

Also, nice trips.

fuck new york

Sure

>Since when when has “the media” told anyone to eat insects? I’ve literally never seen or heard of that.

it's called advertising shitwad. lobsters have been advertised as food since the 1920s as a placeholder for cheap abundant food during the great depression. they tell you to eat these things. today the media tells us to eat crispy shrimp at red lobster for a reasonable price.

have you been living under a fucking rock?

that is a very rare thing and you are not compelled to eat it, although by the time you finished the bottle you probably will

Insects don't have eyeballs or assholes.

you fucking sick motherfuckers eating fucking disgusting insects. this isn't a fucking horror film. it's a gross factor. you aren't in the fucking slums or a fucking caveman to be eating house pests you sick fucking fiend.

eating insects is for snakes and reptiles something you feed a pet snake or lizard. you fucking sick faggot fuck

> would you eat bugs if you were visiting a culture where they ate bugs?

No.

Because my liberal friends keep telling me:
"WHITE PEOPLE AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO BROWN PEOPLE THINGS!"

If we ate their food and liked it, we would be "appropriating their culture" or some shit.

You mean the market created a demand for it. Not everything is done sort of conspiracy. Do you think you're smart for not liking lobster or something? I bet you est more disgusting shit regularly

precisely

Why do you purposefully say lie?

>Because my liberal friends keep telling me:
>"WHITE PEOPLE AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO BROWN PEOPLE THINGS!"
>If we ate their food and liked it, we would be "appropriating their culture" or some shit.

Right on the nose. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Shrimp and lobster aren't insects dipshit

I ate some crispy cricket type thing while in Africa years ago, was alright didn't taste like much

>Because my liberal friends keep telling me: "WHITE PEOPLE AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO BROWN PEOPLE THINGS!"

I'm an activist leftist and have never heard a single person say this shit. You /pol/tards need to try another angle, your shits getting weak af.

you have never heard of cultural appropriation? bullshit.

You libtards better prepare for the day when your heads decorate the wall.

I'm almost positive everything this dude sells is illegal.

he sounds like an illegal himself.

>I bet you eat more disgusting shit regularly

so you admit this shit is disgusting. let your bug eating friends be aware of this post and thread.

also, I'm not dumb enough to eat whatever the market demands. they still tell you it's safe to eat even though they're bottom feeders. the chinese eat cats and dogs in china in certain regions. you won't see me eating these things either because they have a market for it.