This is a fucking thread for the foodworkers who are looking to vent about DUMBASS customers

This is a fucking thread for the foodworkers who are looking to vent about DUMBASS customers
>customer on the other side of the deli case taps the glass to make their selection
>say I can't see the glass
>they make a cocky face
EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

Imagine going home after your 10 hour dead end minimum wage job and continuing to think about work in your free time.

>grocery manager at regional supermarket with majority elderly clientele

>what do you mean you don't have X? I got it here last week

No you didn't. We have never had that.

>do you have any more of X in the back?
>No.
>you're not even gonna check? How do you know
>Because its my job to know.

Alt:
>well my transsexual step son-ghter needs it tonight!
>k. That changes the situation zero percent. I still can't have it any earlier than my set truck days. The early bird catches the worm.

>customer orders politely
>waits patiently for me to prepare it for them

you can always leave your job if you don't like it
no one is forcing you to deal with customers, or even have a job. there are plenty of homeless people living in tents that are happier than you, you miserable piece of shit. kill yourself, you aren't even good enough for a fucking grocery store deli

>continuing to think about work in your free time.
That's pretty much how life is regardless of your salary or prospects.

This is exactly what i did. After being a bartender/waitstaff for a restaurant for years I finally got tired of it. I enrolled in junior college 2 years ago and took a job as a janitor instead (I know). Never been happier, and I almost didn't make the move.

Holy fuck,i have worked in a deli for 4 years now and been on Veeky Forums for ~13 years I should have come to Veeky Forums three years ago

I fucken hate when people walk up to the counter in a deli and act like im some drop down menu
> costumer walks up
>"how's it going?"
>" black forest smoked ham
> stare at them for a while
> "oh would you actually like to order some?"

I worked in the deli department of a grocery store for a year and I'm the exact opposite. When people want to talk and expect me to be friendly because they are friendly it's incredibly draining. If people just stated what they want without talking to me that would have been a tolerable job.

Nobody wants to have a conversation with you, they just want their meat and cheese.

>customer eats too much on the buffet

You have had enough fat boy

This. You are an obstacle to be avoided.

>customer wants to have a conversation as you try to take their order

Hahahahahahahgahaha
Ahahahahahahah
Stop me
Hahahahahahah
You fucking. You fucking peons think? You nobodies think youre the ones that deserve pleasure in this situation? When i want a quick bite id prefer if you wore gloves new gloves for every step, including but not limited to touching my money. Dont want your poor curse rubbing off on it. I only visit the grocer for hawaiian punch, chicken wings and queso and thats mainly because i get a giggle helping the jester pass some time. You fucking. Losers.... at the butcher... at the market.. make me sick. Dont try to give ME advice. Get a REAL JOB you fucking swine. Im better than you, im a better cook than you, i have a more refined pallette than you. Dont look at me. Dont vent abot me to your anime picture book friends on your cooking forum. Grow up

No I dont want to talk either I just want some sort of humanity, for example if they said- may I have turkey or leme get some ham etc, not just a statement of "ham"

Quiet lunch meat boy. Adults are speaking

you want humanity? They want what they are pointing at, and that is what you are paid for.

>working the deli solo
>300lb+ woman comes with her teenaged grandchildren (this woman is no older than 30)
>asks if we have buffalo chicken, we don't
>"well ya's had it last week why don't cha have it naw?"
>"because it all sold, we have this barbecue chicken from the same brand though"
>"okay gimmeh somma that chicken than, i'ma go do my shoppin' and pick it up"
>cut an entire pound of this chicken
>she sends one of her grandchildren to pick it up
>promptly returns screaming that i gave her bbq instead of buffalo
would've been incredibly embarrassing if it wasn't almost closing time
i felt so sorry for her grandkids, they were clearly uncomfortable and it seemed like she did that kinda thing a lot

was a deli/grocery in middle-of-nowhere virginia, the only people who got delimeat were the most fucked people i've ever seen or elderly women getting meat for their husbands

My point is they didn't order anything.

Literally all you need to say is: Hey not bad, can I grab some fish thighs pleasE?
If you haven't optimised even the most simple of social interactions, you might be retarded.

life of a soyim
normal people have hobbies

>when fastfood workers think they are real people, and don't exist exclusively to serve us like the pathetic wageslaves they are
Imagine being a fastfood worker and thinking literally any real person gives a fuck about your problems. Should have made some better life choices you talentless loser.

>they make a cocky face

OP I'm baffled, why would they make a cocky face over that? And why would you get angry over it for that matter??

>DUMBASS customers
Nigger you serve people for a living. Did you work today? I've been off since the 21st and am getting paid for this week off. I got Cuban food today though and was nice to the thicc bitch serving me.

>new supervisor is the type that loves to lecture you endlessly

Yeah I’m wondering this too, what is going on in their minds?
>haha dumb motherfucker can’t see the glass, but I can! None of these bitch niggers can see glass like me, bet if you were good at seeing glass you wouldn’t have to work at a deli fuckin faggot haha

>>"how's it going?"
>>" black forest smoked ham
>>"you too"

capitalism will kill us all.

anything else would kill us faster

>I only visit the grocer for hawaiian punch, chicken wings and queso
>i have a more refined pallette than you

>working at grilled sandwich shop, making someone else's food.
>gross middle aged woman with a belly shirt comes in
>doesn't care that I'm behind the grill or that I have gloves on and that i'm clearly working on making someones food.
>"I'll have a large Chicken Teriyaki"
>Me: Someone will be right with you
>She's visibly upset
> Coworker comes to take her order
>Crazy lady continues to stare at me while I make her food.

I fucking hate the fact that we have an open Kitchen, it's really annoying when someone stands right at the counter and stares at you the entire time instead of just hanging out away from the counter and waiting like all the rest of the people. This was on Christmas Eve too, and what my boss said couldn't be more true. "The kind of customers we mostly get today are the type of people you would never invite over your house."

>closing the kitchen earlier tonight
>just me, a server, and a dishwasher
>couple of 20 something girls walk in 10 minutes before we close and order a bottle of wine while taking their time perusing the menu

Fortunately they just ordered a couple of appetizers and we had to tell them that the kitchen was closed after that. They weren't terrible about it, and I only had to stay another 45 minutes because of them. But that's such a cunty thing to do. We're literally just standing around waiting for them to figure their shit out while we all want to go home and the restaurant is losing money on labor costs for a couple drunk girls.

The Deli was my first job in High School. It taught me a lot about people, and that you should always close early whenever you can. Make sure to get those slicers cleaned and out of the way asap.

>losing money on labor costs
that's for mr. shekelstein to care about, not you

I'm the sous chef and am in charge of the restaurant when there isn't a chef or manager there. It's part of my job to worry about us making money. It's also a place that was open less than a year and I came in on the ground floor, and work closely with the chef/owner, so it's kind of my issue too. If the place succeeds we'll open a second location that I'll be the chef of, because I really like the owner and think it's a good place that I could make a future at. So there's also that.

>go to supermarket
>cashier doesn't say hi or thank you or did you find everything okay today
>call over manager
>complain that cashier is a rude prick
>he thanks me for the feedback
>see receipt has clerks name and time of day on it
>we would love to hear your feedback please take a minute to fill out our questionier
>rip bitch a new one again

Been back to the same grocery store multiple times a week for a few months now and haven't seen this bitch at all which leads me to believe she was fired. I don't feel bad at all btw, learn to smile and be polite or hit the bricks and and take a hike cause you are fucking worthless.

Good job, user. Women don't deserve happiness.

>people who have failed so hard at life they have to make a living as someone's food cuck calling anyone else a dumbass

Uh, no honey. You're the dumbass here.

Had it have been a guy my actions would remain the same.

>Used to work in an upscale restaurant
>Lady in her 60s comes in orders the Salmon, real posh sounding but obviously not rich
>Give it to her
>"This isn't right!"
>Excuse me miss?
>"I don't cook it like this at home!"
>Try to accommodate
>She asks for some shit that we didn't have, tell her it's not possible
>"Well I wouldn't of ordered it if I knew you didn't have it"
>Sorry, our selections can be clearly found on the menu
>She gets mad, pays the bill and fucks off

>Literally the day after
>Look over from the bar
>Posh lady walks in again
>Oh boy
>Other staff come up and tell me posh lady is back
>No shit.jpeg
>Other staff on server duty, sits Posh Lady down and gives her the menu
>Posh lady looks over it, before standing up and announcing in the most heavy posh twat accent
>"THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ON THIS MENU, WE SHALL LEAVE"
>All staff look around in confusion
>Everyone can't help but to laugh as she leaves

If we could harvest the pure autism this lady must of had to think that was a good idea we could have already have found Madeline McCann

Some of us, started from fucking nothing and worked 247, for the last fucking 10 years and are now standing tall as ower of a popular joint, you fucking soft 9 to 5 pile of shit

Had some cunt with her two gremlins walk up and with her one of their faces burried in the others ass. I usually make joking convo especially with kids and i was like "Were you sniffing your brothers butt?" expecting like a laughing "LOL NO" out of a 6 year old (kids do dumb shit i couldnt give less of a fuck if she was blowing her brother desu. Woman was a huge cunt and threw a fit so i told her they were the reason for condoms. XD Got canned but now i have a much better job where im happier, make more money, and i got to tell that place and that woman to fuck off. XD I hope she still thinks about me telling her that shit XD Best part was when i said it this 70 year old bitch behind her cackled like fucking gruntilda from banjo tooie. I still lose sleep laughing at that shit. Rest easy my boys not fitting in in grocery or fast food is like not fitting in at the circus. Itll be ok. :D

I wish I could get you fired from Veeky Forums.

Cool

Fish don't have thighs

Imagine going to work, slaving away for hours on end, having an absolutely rubbish rotten day, and then hearing your alarm go off: wakey wakey, time for work!

Moronic, not everyone wants to chat.

t. Glass tapper

Creep.

Kys you subhumans

underrated post

no bruh, if you're open, you're open. end of story

btw I too am a souse chef and find very little as annoying as people complaining about having to do what they're getting paid for

>cooking burgers for a charity event
>order 5lbs of American Cheese sliced on the thinnest setting
>deli worker gets cunty about it

fuck you, just do your job you monkey

Faggot I've got three weeks off paid get rekt little bitch thinking you're good having one week off lmao kys faggot

>made a sandwich on our menu called southern reuben
>menu states it's made with roast beef and coleslaw
>customer hates this
>brings the sandwich into the kitchen and yells at me about it
>it's a southern reuben I didn't make the menu talk to your waitress
One of the only times I can remember a customer in the kitchen

Imagine a bottle that's shaken, but never opened.

>that one asshole that comes in on a schedule every week
>Always gets the same exact thing
>Never says anything to anyone
We all sit in the breakroom and talk about ways to murder you you subhuman piece of shit

He might be planing on killing you already

>breakroom

Ahehehe, ahohoho, AHAHAHAHAH. Holy fucking shit that's pathetic.

>here's a shitty little room for you to have a "break" in peon, don't be a second late back on the floor

Ahahahah. Wearing your gay little uniforms. "Can I help you sir?"
Imagine having to address a stranger as sir. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're nothing, absolutely fucking nothing

>black customer orders a chicken tender sub
>eats 9/10ths of it
>brings the remaining scraps back to the counter and demands a refund
>always has some excuse that cant be refuted like the chicken was cold or slimy
>its store policy we have to refund them no questions asked
This happens at least 3 times a week

>its store policy we have to refund them no questions asked

Most places I know of have a policy that if you eat more than 1/3-1/2 of the meal before complaining about it then you don't get shit. If you didn't like it then you should've said something after the first bite or two.

Sounds like an ideal customer desu. From a worker’s perspective.

Cool story fuckhead that doesn't change what my stores policy is does it.

Has someone told your manager/whatever supervisor about this? Seems like if this a regular thing, it's time for someone up the chain to intervene.

that wasn't me being rude it was a false flag

great post

>people need to have a conversation with me before they are allowed to order

Sounds like it's time for you to shut your fucking mouth before I bust your fucking lips open

I can't wait for fully automated kitchens where all you have to do to get your food is enter your order on your smartphone and wait for a roomba to bring it out to you.

This honestly. I used to work in a hotel and at a coffee shop, not as bad as food work but I immediately removed any thoughts of work until I had to show up again because it's counterproductive to waste the energy on it. I work in an office for a non-profit now and still do the same

Wow yeah so "edgy". Fucking retard

>a hehehe, ahohoho, AHAHAHAHAH

I had some mild keks reading that in the Jokers voice

I also have vacation days, holidays and personal days you ape

I've been working since I was 13 and never had any of these. Sucks

>hurrr durr ur paid for it
doesn't mean you have to like it dickhead, even my boss complains about cunts coming in right as we're closing the shutters and buying meat, he really fucking hates it when they ask for a cut of meat with a bone and they want it cut up.
I highly fucking doubt you're a sous chef, you're a faggot who still depends on your mother as if you were a little baby sucking on her tit, fuck you, I hope you choke cunt

I only got those perks this year but I'm only 23. Find salaried work or hourly that let's you accrue time off and vacation (which is better because then you can log when they call you or need you on "off" hours and make even more money than salary cucks).

>personal days

Lmao is that in case you get triggered, little faggot?

>omg Drumpf tweeted again I can NOT take this right now I need a persy wersy day so I have time to stop shaking

The absolute state of faggot numales, Jesus christ

Step in the ring with me once. Just once. I dare you. Just who do you think you are? You arrogant piece of shit. You probaby won't last a single day on the field.

Personal days are used when you have an unexpected event occur like a rescheduled doctor's appointment, kid is sick, your dog died, car is in the shop, you have to stay home to let a repair man or contractor into your house, etc.

You should quit your job that would show'em

So this is a food worker intellectual. See Oh and I can work from home and take my lunch break at the deli and be an asshole to servers like you while I get paid to do it.

dont know why i kek'd so goddamn hard at this

dont know why i kek'd so hard while reading this

dont know why i kek'd so hard while reading this

Please leave /v/tard

I'm an engineer lad I travel the world and you think going to the deli is a fucking life achievement lmao. Get the fuck out my face soyboy

Hahaha reddits too blocks down to the left you self righteous nigger

>was a deli/grocery in middle-of-nowhere virginia, the only people who got delimeat were the most fucked people i've ever seen or elderly women getting meat for their husbands
No Jews in Virginia?

Id crush you you absolute fucking nobody. Theres far more ergonomic ways of staying in shape than unloading milk crates and walking around on concrete floors for 10 hours a day and im quite versed in them.
>The field
the FUCKING field. An embarrassment. I dont even want to fight a guy that takes this much pride in being a modern day slave. If ignorance /was/ bliss, I'd envy you. Jesus Christ man. For once in your life show some dignity and don't respond to me

let's be honest here, you're both fat 10 year olds with salami nips and more stretch marks than the whores you slid out of.

just came her to give (You) a condescending smile

*unshetahes my 12 inch dick, 7 figure salary, rippling muscles*
Nice projection kid. Have lunch meat boy bring you to your mother and tell her i want to fuck

Hey, can any dishwashers recommend a good brand of work pants?

*teleports behind u*

Holy shit, are you fucking retarded or something? I bet you work at a department store or something.

>imagine having to adress a stranger as sir.
clearly your manners represent your wealth and social standing.