Post yfw the last book you read

>post yfw the last book you read

the idiot by dostoememsky

The Naked Sun by Asimov

>house of leaves

Gave it a 4/5 in 2012, re-read it and it's a solid 2/5 for me this time around

On the Heights of Despair by Emil Cioran

You can't truly despise Dostoevsky until you try Notes From Underground.

>believes in redemption through suffering
>starts with his readers

>sapiens: a brief history of humankind

>The Audacity of Hope

Is it written well and are there any original ideas unique to the writer within the text? can I learn anything from it that year 12 biology or a 40 minute documentary do not cover?

Crime and Punishment.

Seriously its not that good. Even Notes was better.

idk I haven't actually read it i'm just here for the memes

The Magus of strovolos. Fucking cool

Y tho

reading is boring and for nerds

I really like Dostoevsky but that's fucking hilarious.

A walk in the woods

Not what I hoped for

Forgot thing I was supposed to do

Not me I thought it was good. He gives a chronological explanation of everything from the creation of the universe to the invention of agriculture to the modern age we live in today. I do not know if he has got any original ideas, but he does explain how things happened and gives multiple explanations for why they happened.

I'm a bit disappointed at how bluepilled it is. At one point he clearly stated that there is zero proof for there being intellectual differences between human races, which is just absurd. It is an international bestseller though, and maybe he didn't want to write anything too controversial like that.

I thought the first part of the book was the best, because reading about prehistoric humans and their place in the animal kingdom is pretty comfy. The later chapters on economy and capitalism were kinda boring so i just skimmed through those a bit.
I doubt a documentary film can cover even a small part of what this book goes over.
All in all i think it's a decent overview of everything there is to know about evolution, human expansion and the advancement of culture without getting in to the details.

Molloy by Sammy Beckett

Notes from Underground

>Destruction and Sorrow beneath the Heavens by Krasznahorkai László

anyone who has this opinion is stupid.

No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy