ITT: Authors who only get more correct as time goes on

ITT: Authors who only get more correct as time goes on

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski#Published_works
worldcat.org/title/boundary-functions/oclc/34661830
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

unironically intelligent human being who had foresight into where america was headed.

there was an user posting his mathematical papers, and was tentatively planning on republishing them along with a biography. Did that user ever deliver?

>Rand
>Huxley
>Orwell

/thread

also Jaime Semprun

Orwell was wrong, he never could of guessed that we would buy the cameras ourselves and worry that nobody was watching.

- Paraphrase of some quote I read

Pic related. Just read The Ancien RĂ©gime, did not disappoint.

This is now a gnostic thread

The Holy Bible

hitler

Never realized Tocqueville was goth as fuck.

He stole all his ideas from Ellul though.

Nice pick.

>He stole all his ideas from Ellul though.
seriously. just read The Technological Society and then you people won't look like fucking idiots trying to suggest the writings of the Unabomber.

What does LAW have to do with it ... unless you're a jewboi Semite believing LAW preceeds culture! Abomination pussyman. A protected class is unconstitutional .. so said the Texas SUPREME who voted it in for 25 years. It's patently Stalinist bullshit pussyman. 'Course Semites and nibberizers lublublub that kinda Rawlsian tyranny boneshit deep. Part a' their DNA. But, when the Page.Brin.Bezos.Zuckerberg jewbois have all yer money and the ghettobangers rape all your family and the Petademics have taken all your food then you can say ... WTF will you say pussyman ? Nokidding /. cunt editor and byteboi readrz are soooo pathetic you feckin-A deserve the eco-cultural shit-sandwitch coming down-the-pike.

Delete this

Philosopher John Gray, and that makes his ideas both a folly and a truth; he can hardly be proven wrong unless the world becomes full utopia. All that is not utopia can be used as supporting his thesis.

I simply edited wiki to point out exactly where the articles are. Most are readily available online, or otherwise at any decent university library. I printed off a collection of this stuff for myself (and did some research around it), but no, I'm not "writing a book".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski#Published_works

The big missing piece is his doctoral dissertation in its entirety. The Ann Arbor hard copy has apparently gone missing, and something tells me that the average schmuck off the street would have a bear of a time requesting to see the microfilm archived version (one of Kaczynski's victims was at his alma mater, so it's personal for that institution).

But all is not lost. Worldcat indicates three hard copies at libraries in and around the DC area, where I would imagine that it would be more straightforward for an amateur to physically get hold of same and copy it. So I repeat a request to the internet: if you live in or around the DC area and want to take a field trip, please go to one of the BOTTOM THREE libraries in this link:

worldcat.org/title/boundary-functions/oclc/34661830

make a copy of the text, and publish it to the internet somewhere where I can get at it.

Adorno

Master Necro Mega-Damage Rapeface

Hasn't been too long but I think DFW has been pretty accurate re: his views on entertainment and how we consume it.

Saw someone on here recently say he even predicted snapchat filters in IJ. Forget what he called it in the novel though.

you seem like an expert. Why not write a book?

Wish I could help with getting his dissertation. But I'm not in the DC area.

Freud.

Partly this project was to scratch an itch, but the more I learn, the more I realize that his math actually wasn't that big a deal in and of itself.

I do have a manuscript version of the material in a binder for myself, so in that sense I "produced" something, But almost all of it is simply printouts of the pdf links now available at wiki.

Enoch Powell

have you read samz[]dat at all? he's not quite as insightful, but seems to be carrying on the legacy.

isn't that always the case?

He had another book published not too long ago.

His brother wrote a biographical book about the family. If Teddy dropped some new knowledge, I'm not aware of it.

I'm guessing the other poster is referring to "Anti-Tech Revolution: Why and How" which was published last year.

>"The severance of ties results all over the world from the transformations of existence by technology. Loyalty to people, to one's country, to the state, to religion, to oneself-each of them grows brittle. There are conflicts of loyalties, possible only because the overall tie to the historic ground of Being yields to the rational certitudes - today still valid - of a morality, a code, a denomination, a formula - or because such utterly undefined totalities as nation, race, or historic necessity are viewed as absolute."

- Karl Jaspers (The Fight Against Totalitarianism)

Nietzsche
Heidegger

If there were power plants that ran on being right Debord's corpse would give us unlimited energy.

People wearing masks to make themselves prettier on video calls until you they basically just have an image of a much more attractive human on the screen while they chill out behind it. Just read that bit, he's funny and smart, shame he's dead.

2 Enoch

What's the story behind this pic?

>could of

>muh standard written english
neck yourself

Sorry to blog lit. But technological addiction has really fucked me in the past. Like for finals I took adderall in order to catch up with work I should have done because I was just browsing stupid stuff instead of working. The adderal altered my decision making abilities and I fucked up things with a really cute blonde girl. I feel like a rat going for the pleasure lever over and over again in an experiment.

THIS

>ctrl-f Spengler
>0 results

cmon

Yeah, but has anyone on Veeky Forums actually read him? I always hear people bitch that his writing style is inaccessible, but I'm an idiot and I can understand him just fine.

Pretty much everyone in this thread was right, but intellectuals have a minuscule amount of direct power on society (indirect, moreso) and the people which really determine our path are the retarded mob and power hungry lunatics with no sense of their own mortality.

I have. I think Veeky Forums has the wrong aesthetics to like him. His writing is dense and occasionally flowery, but not in that European way Veeky Forums tends to like. Instead, he writes a little too much like a pre-WWI Anglo. I've seen him mentioned on Veeky Forums a few times.

>industrial society
>only America

I go to umd I'll try to scoop it

L O FUCKING L

I hope that I have your attention. As an actual student of the academic institution, you are in a good, good-faith position to actually access the item.

I would be very, very appreciative if you would actually find the thing, make an upload copy, and publish same to an appropriate Veeky Forums board over the next few days: say, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums (I frequent these). I would further ask that you use the word "Kaczynski" or "unabomber" in the first few words of your OP, to make it easer to search the archives for same.

I hope that you will reply to this post and let me know if you will do this project. This thing cannot be found on the internet, as far as I've checked, so you would be doing historical curiosity a service.

I'm only vaguely aware of a synopsis of his manifesto, but I'm curious: I know he believed technology causes people to be distracted from living real, meaningful lives by investing in entertainment, but what did he consider a real, meaningful life?

Kevin McDonald was always correct but he manages to get even more correcter all the time. It's incredible.

Vote Kevin McDonald.

Given the level of thought that I've spent going back over his math work, I'm due to re-read his manifesto at some point (I've read it just once, in my early twenties, though I did so completely and with some retention).

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums regularly report these days that he apes or cites one "Ellul", with whom I am unfamiliar. What I seem to remember of his manifesto is a general dis-satisfaction with technological progress as-such on the human condition.

unrelatedly...

Debord being so "absolutely-god-damn right" is another minor Veeky Forums meme which is being repeated here. It is easy to read Debord as anticipating the internet and modern TV and shit, but okay, whoop-dee-doo, those things had started going in his own time. There is an user who insists on reading some sequel volume of notes to SS. I have never had Debord's fantastic Rightness explained to me, to my personal satisfaction. He spends Spectacle aping Capital V. 1 and making certain trencheant remarks about mass media culture but that's pretty much it.

I was about to conclude this post by remarking that shooting one's self in the heart is a really stupid way of doing it, but wiki's current language casts doubt on this. So I don't know.

i think it was like directly working for your own survival. so, the avoidance of "surrogate activities". aka complete anarcho-primitivism, it's not even clear if he would advocate the writing of books if you gave him tabula rasa

>directly working for your own survival
...is the best way to live because our bodies function optimally in natural conditions with perfect symmetry and balance of nutrition/hormones. Without civilization there isn't excessive desire or loose change.