Really makes you think

What do you guys think of b&n's choice? Is this truly the literature of our time?

like it or not, rupi is one of the voices of the generation.

The absolute state of modern bookshops

Bought Milk and Honey last week. It's a real mixed bag...

you're right DFW is shit. all he made me think about was going down to the rope store.

#NotMyVoice

There have only been like 6 books released in the 21st century that are worth reading

that recommended sign is gold

>that meditations cover

what the FUCK

Clearly a gag. Somebody moved one of the Rupis to cover up The Sound and the Fury in the top left, and you can see that they're done something similar in the bottom right

>7
I fucking HATE when I go to phil section of book store and its literally filled with brain cancer tier self help pop psychology crap.

makes me die a bit more inside each time.

Do americans really decorate their bookstores like this?

My bookstore is patrician and has all the top philosophy books one could want.

Lmao you're prolly just a fat virgin who set this up like noticed
Reddit and /pol/ are ruining this board

Only the big chain book stores are like this

You caught me

reddit and pol are both boogeymen
it is literally only Veeky Forums posters ruining the board themselves

accurate

name them

Second.

No, the ones from /pol/ are doing to Veeky Forums what the illegal immigrants are doing to America.

Yeah, a mixed bag of shit from every animal.

Yeah, a mixed bag of shit from every animal.

Should I just read milk and honey? Will I at least get a laugh out of it?

m8 i s2g i've been to this B&N. this by a Houston's?

Against the Day
Inherent Vice
Bleeding Edge
Eeee Eee Eeee
Bed: Stories
Taipei

Should have chosen "They're Singing a Song in Their Rocket" tbqhwy family.

The second one is a photo of Dymocks, Australia's biggest book retailer. They only operate in malls so you can imagine the selection and the kind of reader who shops there

I'll try and find the list of Dymocks shoppers best 100 books of all time, its remarkably bad

Here it is, 15,000 people from the Dymocks Booklovers club voted for the best books *ever*

1 The Book Thief, Markus Zusak

2 Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

3 To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee

4 Magician, Raymond Feist

5 The Lord of the Rings (Books 1-3), J.R.R. Tolkien

6 The Fault in Our Stars, John Green

7 The Hobbit, J. R. R. Tolkien

8 Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë

9 Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll

10 The Harry Potter Series, J.K Rowling

11 Looking For Alaska, John Green

12 The Divergent Series, Veronica Roth

13 Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn

14 Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas

15 The Bronze Horseman, Paullina Simons

16 The Hunger Games Series, Suzanne Collins

17 The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

18 The Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett

19 Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell

20 Outlander, Diana Gabaldon

>grabs copy of book of shelf
>flips to random page
Enjoy once again Veeky Forums this time it's page 148

there is a difference between
someone telling you
they love you and
them actually
loving you

NOGGIN STATUS: JOGGED

>John "Fastest Cuck in Indianopolis" Green is on the list twice
The West is lost

>entire list is genre fiction
>not a single Russian author

True.

HEY WAIT A MOMENT THAT SOUNDS RATHER POL OF YOU

It's pretty good actually

looking for alaska is the pinnacle of YA.

my sides

"They're Singing a Song in Their Rocket" would make a good title for a Neutral Milk Hotel B-sides collection.

Have any on you guys ever approached the phil section in B&N, to find they moved it near the children's end of the store. Not only that "The secret" self help book is now stacked with phil, maybe to fill that section with more books ? I hope this only happens in Ga

He's good though

FUCK DYMOCKS.

Its like the McDonalds of books. The only book stores within half an hour of me are Dymocks and each one only sells pleb trash and the high school tier literary classics.

>Philosophy books are hard to publish!
>This is what's put out.

Not leftypol or any wing but I guess this is a flaw of capitalism.

If people wanted philosophy books they'd buy more of them. But alas people don't, so publishers don't buy them either

There are tons of small publishers who would take them, or one could publish the book themselves, relatively easy to do on Amazon. There are also companies that print books on demand so that would be another easy option

Thee average person just doesn't read philosophy

'russian' authors are universally terrible. That is the only universal.

the more i look at it the funnier it gets.

The best philosophy section I've ever seen was in Berlin, at a store specializing in books on art. Sadly my German is awful, so I could only pick up a copy of Feyerabend's "Against Method", which was the only English book there that was both interesting, something I planned to read, and small enough to transport in my daypack.

There are no 'good' bookstores around here, my city hasn't been gentrified enough to see any of that pop up. Just Asian Fusion restaurants and vape shops. Our equivalent to B&N is Indigo/Chapters which is too large to really search, and in general is terribly ordered, and lacks anything really worth the time. They also mostly just sell YA too. I wonder how these places even function, because there is no way that they're actually selling most of their stock. There's a huge discrepancy in what is actually sold versus what is rarely sold and mostly just stored there. If a fire ever hit the site in question, then I can't imagine it would come back with anything but the YA.

They only have one bookshelf dedicated to philosophy in my local secondhand shop.

Read grainbow

I live in Alabama, and I went to a Books A Million and there wasn't a philosophy section, but there was an Eastern Religion section in the back near the children's section that had Beyond Good and Evil, and The Communist Manifesto in it.

>marcus aurelius
Fucking stoicucks, man

It's just this, What is the problem?

I meant both antagonized parties are making their lands of refuge better.

Where in Canada do you live, user?

beautiful make me cri

I don't know what Indigo/Chapters your going into, but I find great stuff every time I go.

Taipei is shit.

This is what happens when all you do is browse Veeky Forums all day.

you did the right thing putting IJ on that shelf user

I work at BN and IJ is supposed to be on that shelf.

Lolita is also on the planogram for the endcap