The buzz from this is better than vodka, beer, whiskey, whatever

The buzz from this is better than vodka, beer, whiskey, whatever

Why doesn't everyone drink this?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=wine buzz better&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS727US727&oq=wine buzz better&aqs=chrome..69i57.1683j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
google.com/search?q=red wine benefits&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS727US727&oq=red wine benefits&aqs=chrome..69i57.1783j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's the fucking same.

ethanol is ethanol, your body doesn't magically treat ethanol from different sources differently

It makes me too sleepy.
Wrong.

because I am not an elderly women

Hangover, social obligation to appear masculine

>Wrong.
but they're right, you fucking retard

>Wrong.
please elaborate

idiot

No it's not

LOL you fucking underage faggots:

google.com/search?q=wine buzz better&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS727US727&oq=wine buzz better&aqs=chrome..69i57.1683j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

google.com/search?q=red wine benefits&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS727US727&oq=red wine benefits&aqs=chrome..69i57.1783j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

That's a methanol / ethyl acetate high. It's caused by volatiles that boil off faster than ethanol. That's why you get the massive hangover with wine. Methanol doesn't get sequestered because it isn't distilled. Fruit pectin causes the methanol.

>a blog
>buzzfeed
>ranker

You're embarrassing yourself.

because wine tastes like ass.

>Oh look at me, I swish my grape juice in a glass a few times I'm part of the upper echelon

I'd rather drink 32oz of bud ice before any wine

You're not doing yourself any favours.

I quite often drink an entire 750ml bottle of wine to myself when I'm invited out for a night of drinking.
Costs just two bills more than the two tall boys my friends usually get, I get even more trashed than them, and it's overall a better drinking experience.

I'm right with you OP.

Yes but there are different byproducts that affect the buzz, and middling ethanol concentration of wine makes the buzz come on at a different rate than beer or liquor

lol the top results are a wine blog, buzzfeed and cracked

none of these assholes here know the entire aldehyde complex of wine.

To be fair, wine is considerably less good than beer and whisky. I mean its ok, and I'll gladly drink it if someone else buys it for me, but its definitely not worth buying given the other options

Le alcohol in le alcohol out amirite?
Now try some of my 77% absinthe and tell me it wont fuck you up compared to babbys first little wittle beer

End your life, faggot.

byproducts effect the taste, none of them are present in high enough concentrations to consierably alter your mood relative to other common alcohol sources, keep in mind that beer is also made from yeast and also has "byproducts"

per volume of alcohol absinthe will certainly not fuck you up more than beer. Unless you are just talking about consuming the same total volume why would it even be relevant that its at 77%?

It's my preferred drink since I got a real job and could afford nice things
That's like saying calories are calories therefore you get the same feeling from all foods. Would you be in a good mood if I gave you hardtack and a bottle of soylent for dinner? No? Well, imagine the mood you'd be in, and now imagine people have feelings like that about alcoholic beverages.
The same as what?

>That's like saying calories are calories therefore you get the same feeling from all foods
Its not at all like saying that because calorie is a very broad term, ethanol is a very specific thing
>Would you be in a good mood if I gave you hardtack and a bottle of soylent for dinner?
Well this is just a silly argument because if we are going off what tastes best and therefore makes you have feelings or whatever wine obviously would be a rather bad choice

>makes you have feelings or whatever
Are you one of those 19 year old randroids who thinks he's overcome such feeble hoo-mon weaknesses as "emotions"?

Also "calorie" is defined quite precisely, so I'm not really sure what you think you meant by "calorie is a very broad term". It's a basic unit of energy. Were you, perhaps, home schooled? By evangelical christians, even?

did you not finish high school? first, the hallucinogenic/other effects of absinthe are completely a meme. it only has that reputation because of a mix of urban legend and the fact that it used to be homebrewed with god knows what poisonous shit back in the 19th century. Second, do you not know how percentages/ratios work?

I don't see any remarks about "hallucinogenic effects" in the quoted post. Is this just your way of trying to go OH OH OH TEACHER TEACHER CALL ME CALL ME

Because you sound, desu, like a child

>sub-100 IQ brainlet detected

Rick and Morty fan detected

guy is also setting off gaydar all over the world.

Feelings are fine and all, but trying to argue that a chemical does something specific to your body based on feelings and anecdotes is not even a real argument
>Also "calorie" is defined quite precisely
sure, and that definition only kind of correlates with how your body uses dietary calories, so a calorie can mean a lot of different things to your body depending on the specific chemical source of it.
There is no analogy to ethanol which your body always treats as ethanol

Because you haven't discovered Irish creme

either the guy was buying into the urban legend about the hallucinogenic effect of Absinthe or he just doesn't understand how percents work

>trying to argue that a chemical does something specific to your body based on feelings and anecdotes is not even a real argument
How do you think taste works if not chemicals
>There is no analogy to ethanol which your body always treats as ethanol
You're the only person trying to push this "ethanol is ethanol" thing. Look up Norman Zinberg, he was before your time, but he documented the way people's reactions to chemicals vary depending on many factors other than dosage. Yes, dosage matters. But your subjective experience of drinking - the mood you were in when you started, your surroundings, your motivations, and the flavors of the beverage - also matters quite a bit. That is why people think tequila makes them go bonkers or gin makes them angry or whatever.

I know you probably think you're defending "science" but your point of view on this matter is anything but. Human behavior can be studied systematically and sometimes the findings aren't what you might have expected.

>something with more alcohol and other psychoactive ingredients fucks you up more than beer
wow, you totally proved me wrong. it's almost like what matters is the amount of alcohol

cheap wine tastes like ass, at least cheap beer tastes okay and cheap liquor you can mix or take shots to minimize the taste

Sounds like it would give you an absolutely awful hangover

>The buzz from this is better than vodka, beer, whiskey, whatever

You're just drinking it differently, and or was buying cheap whatever before.

>Vodka
Because you're drinking 80proof, it will shorten the buzz to drunk time
>beer
lots of grains usually, carbonation, and bunch of other shit in there
>Whiskey
Assuming drinking straight like most, you should be able to understand why

Drinking a 20-28 proof, grape based alcohol is different than the other kinds of stuff you are doing

>Why doesn't everyone drink this?
>go to the bar
>glass of wine please
>6-9 dollars for 10oz
additionally
>go to bar
>anything else almost
>less than wine

>$6 for 10 oz
Yeah for some nasty critter wine maybe. Don't order wine unless it's a wine bar, it will be nasty.

Alternately:
>$9 happy hour pours of leffe
>$17 for a pour of midshelf whisky
I mean let's be real here: if you're going drinking at a bar to save money you're already doing it wrong

I don't doubt your perception of a beverage will effect how you think it influences you, but to claim wine in general gives a better buzz is baseless. Such feelings would be entirely dependent on the individual.
The OP claim was a blanket claim about the nature of wine vs other common alcoholic beverages, so we cannot focus on anecdotes about individual feelings

>The OP claim was a blanket claim
Something tells me you don’t fly off the handle with some autistic rant about muh kewl science when someone says “olive garden is the best” or “lafroog is the best”

You probably just argue the point, like a normal person, hmm?

Stop letting wine intimidate you, user. It’s only rotten grapes, it can’t really humiliate you

Saying something is the best is entirely subjective.
Stating that ethanol that was originally sourced from grapes is different than ethanol that was sourced from barley is not an analogous at all
>Stop letting wine intimidate you
What? I am straight up saying wine is the same as everything else, how is that intimidating?

Because wine is a meme like craft beer but without the flavour or differences

>you can't argue anything ever because of muh feelings

Gives me a spinning, uncomfortable drunk

So what you're saying is that the so called different effects are based on your mood and therefore are a placebo?

A glass of wine makes me sleepy and horny

>sleepy and horny
Me too! The last time I had drunk sex we'd both been drinking sangria, I laid down early from a headache I'd been dealing with all day, and woke up to getting my dick ridden. I think that's probably the appeal to some people, as like an aphrodisiac.

Related to wine, can anybody speak for/against vermouth? I'm thinking of trying it for New Years but can't find many recommendations on ones to drink straight

>placebo
The term "placebo" is generally used in the context of a drug taken to cure a disease. I guess if sobriety is your disease, then, sure, it's a "placebo". I am not sure why you are calling it a so-called different effect, as opposed to just an effect. The value of a drink is the subjective effects it has on you, the drinker.

I assume you're early 20s? When I was your age "set & setting" was a familiar concept to most people, even people who weren't into drugs. They taught it in school. But that was in the 90s. Do they not teach this stuff anymore?
I have no idea why anyone would want to drink vermouth straight. At best it's just crappy wine. I know they do it it in Europe but I find it unappealing. Maybe it's cultural, here we're programmed to think it's for mixing.

You might want to try Vya, it's the closest thing to something I'd ever suggest drinking on its own. It has a cork just like normal wine.

>mfw an amerigan mixed vermouth near me

Because fuck wine. Shit gives me the worst hangovers.

Used to be a wine salesman. That's when I really got into wine. Previously it was just kind of here and there.

I love wine but it gives me some wild shits if I get drunk on it.

Biggest downside.

You don't know a hangover until red wine is the culprit.