Stop using language

Stop using language.

That's a shit idea OP

stop living kys now

Stop reading this post.

No u

Symbolic thought is the start of oppression. Only without language can we live freely and happily.

Numbers are language.

01001111 01010000 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100110 01100001 01100111

_

All jokes aside decreasing your time spent engaged conceptually soothes the soul desu.

Stop it then.

This is accurate desu

daily reminder that zerzan thinks the unabomber is cool but the feeling isn't mutual because kaczysnki actually knows something about primitive cultures and lifestyles

"kaczynski" is what I meant

Is Zerzan retarded or the smartest man alive? The answer is one or the other

So what are Ted's grievances with him?

Zerzan is what you get if you do not inform yourself with the sciences

You're better off reading actual ethnographic and anthropological studies on hunter gatherers before you approach his work because he has a tendency (at least in his older stuff that I've read) to paint primitive life as idyllic and near-utopian.

yeah but do i wanna live as a contented lobotomite?

>stop using language

Is this man ignorant of all philosophy post 1900? (Post kant if we're not being generous)

tell me this without using "oppressive" symbolic representation

*Screams in orangutan*

Zerzan is pretty much a primitivist hippy who believes that back in the day everything was fine and dandy. People didn't have to work, everybody was healthy, there was no sexual discrimination, no racism, and so on. People just picked berries for 2 hours a day and then spent the rest of the day playing in the fields.

Ted does not agree with this assessment (rightfully so, probably).

I personally think that Ted doesn't come up with the most accurate view on pre-civilization life either. There is a lot of new research by anthropologists, and I think their view comes closer to reality. And from what've read, that reality is rather messy.
And I don't think we can judge pre-civ life as a whole. Clearly the quality of life differed between cultures.

I lol'd

>Zerzan is pretty much a primitivist hippy who believes that back in the day everything was fine and dandy. People didn't have to work, everybody was healthy, there was no sexual discrimination, no racism, and so on. People just picked berries for 2 hours a day and then spent the rest of the day playing in the fields.
That sounds pretty correct though.