ITT: post top tier biographies and auto-biographies

ITT: post top tier biographies and auto-biographies

my dairy, desu

A man's spoiled milk tells much about his spoiled life.

A Beautiful Mind

I think I'm going to make a general introduction to biography chart in the next few days. After that maybe specialize it into things like political, athletic and literary biographies, among others.

The Confessions of St. Augustine

The universe is the autobiography of God.

woah..

Morrissey's autobiography
Luis Buñuel's autobiography
Jean Renoir's biography about his daddy

nice ill keep an eye out for it.

Please do, been wishing for one for a while.

Miles Davis' autobiography and Akira Kurosawa's Something Like An Autobiography genuinely deserve a place on there.

I know it wouldn't be popular on Veeky Forums with the /pol/tards, but Malcolm X's Autobiography is pretty important too.

A sub-category for biographical novels like Knausgaard's My Struggle or Spiegelman's Maus could be interesting too but I'm getting ahead of myself really.

Eh Malcolm X's autobiography is important from a historical and learning perspective regardless of what you think of him personally.
You should really stop with the whole le /pol/ boogeyman though, it really reflects poorly on you.

This Also I liked Ron Chernow's Titan (about John D Rockefeller).

inb4 speak memory
cozy but not top tier

pic related is great

contains rare stalins

My Ex wanted to read that book for some reason. Probably because she heard it was good from some professor she was pineing for. Wonder if it actually has merit. What did you think user?

I think Rousseau's Confessions are amazing if you can get into his style of writing.

There's one I can't remember about a parasite, which you'd probably enjoy if I can find it somewhere on the web.

Sorry user but everytime I discuss or reccommend it, people tell me to stop reading nigger books, no exaggeration. It may reflect poorly on me to generalise a board for the actions of few but it reflects badly on this board when people disregard literature based on colour.

because you posted chef pepe, im saying the apprentice by jacques pepin. pepin is god along with child.

you do that, reddit

Both are objectively some of the finest works of literature of all time.

Not user addressed, but Boswell's great. Read his comparitively short London Journal to get a feel for him and to determine whether or not (you) want to commit to the Johnson bio.
Regardless, it's the first modern style biography in English, and truly a work apart.

Leon Edel's Henry James is fantastic, almost a book of wisdom, and worth the effort whether youre able to appreciate his subject, or not.

Theoretically Cellini's autobiography is about the life and times of a well known Renaissance artist. In fact, however, it concerns the mischiefs perpetrated by what today we term a serial killer. Totally bats, far more interesting than I thought it could be..

I know youre memeing but why would a youtuber need a biography? Isn't there entire life found online

based Benjamin Franklin

Say what you will about Lincoln but the man in his time had incredibly rare leadership skills

Despite being the underdog repub candidate he got elected then went on to fill his cabinet with members from both parties, especially the other republican candidates he just beat

I read this in about a week. It was very fascinating. I didn't pay too much attention to her when she was alive, so I didn't know all of the drama.