Weimarer Republic

Any recommendations on this topic? Especially interested in the Zeitgeist of the people and how the previous years have created the perfect storm.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4by4KBO4Eoc
youtube.com/watch?v=HGBB_uSRADc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Among_Wolves
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_People's_Movement
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Man,_What_Now?_(novel)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there's erich kästners "fabian", which is breddy good imo. Kästner is famous mostly for his childrens books here in Germany, but this one is aimed at an adult readership and, frankly, i liked it.
Bear in mind that the same book was also published under the title "Der Gang vor die Hunde". ALso, i have no idea if there are any translations.

I don't really like Kästner. He wrote shit like "Die Verlobung von Santo Domingo" and I rather read something factual from a historian than a fiction with massiv ideological glasses.

you won't find anything on weimar that is not ideologically tainted in one way or the other.

Well, that's why I want to read a couple historcial books from both sides. But fiction wont cut it.

there's theweleits "männerphantasien" that i have just started reading. it's not exactly a historical book but a psychological theory of fascism and how it came about. it's by no means unbiased but fairly interesting so far

Sounds about right. Thanks, user.

Literally everything Tucholsky and Brecht wrote.
youtube.com/watch?v=4by4KBO4Eoc

It got recently made into a web series.
youtube.com/watch?v=HGBB_uSRADc

user, I am really not interested in prose. I want historical books on a more academic level not something you can sing and clap along.

BUMP

Come on Veeky Forums, give me something.

Three Comrades by Erich Maria Remarque. Book about three WW1 veterans living in Weimar Republic

I'm sorry, but I can't think of a history book written in verse. Good luck.

Critique of Cynical Reason, by Peter Sloterdijk

fallada:
1. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Among_Wolves
2. >A Small Circus about farmer resistance, similar to "It Cannot Be Stormed" by Ernst von Salomon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_People's_Movement
3. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Man,_What_Now?_(novel)

there's a novel about silesian uprisings 1919-1921 "O.S." by Arnolt Bronnen, but i it was memoryholed and never translated.

Carl Schmitt - Constitutional Theory

>Critique of Cynical Reason, by Peter Sloterdijk
What does this have to do with the Weimarer Republic?

gay jewish shit that portrays weimar in a positive light

Ew, no thanks.

David Irving's biography of Goebbels provides an interesting look at Germany, particularly Berlin, during this period.

He cites a ton of statistics about Jewish control of banks and finance, and also Jewish over-representation in crime etc. Goebbels had a massive campaign waged against him by the Jewish police chief of Berlin intended to ruin him. He was arrested countless times, many of his supporters were murdered and assassinated (Horst Wessel included) and it was during this period that Goebbels came out with the iconic quote about calling a Jew a Jew and watching him recoil in horror.

Thanks, user. I already heard great things about Irvings other works.

Are you an unironic nazi?

>moralism and swamp metaphors do not suffice

Thanks, sounds better than expected.

Nazi-sympathizer would probably be more accurate, but most self-designated morality cops don't bother to make the distinction

Do I want to invade Poland and set up death camps?

No

Do I recognize the Jewish subversion of Western institutions and have reactionary tendencies?

Very much so

why aren't you asking on Veeky Forums
kys. DO NOT read this guys recommendations the writer is an unapologetic antisemite

Berlin Alexander Platz

Wow thank you!

If you're not to far gone ideologically read Evans' book "Lying about Hitler." Irving does not tell the truth.

*too

Nice stuff, user. Thanks a lot.

Because its about Veeky Forums. I'm not going to ignore literature just because the authors doesn't fit the PC standards. On the contrary, considering that with the German revolution jewish influence was a major factor. I like to get the whole story, and the nice one all of us already know.

Calling someone antisemite is as lame as calling him nazi. It has lost it's meaning.

Well, I'm going to read both. I just hope it'S not something like the rebutal of The Blanc Slate or Not Out Of Africa.

anti-PC in this instance is code for "i subscribe to retarded theories with no basis in fact"

>Calling someone antisemite is as lame as calling him nazi. It has lost it's meaning.
it really isn't. you're posting spurious theories about a cabal of jews controling everything, a typical anti-semitic trope. I don't expect such self-awareness from a /pol/ack though

I'm a Polack (like actual Pole), I'm not in favour of getting buttfucked by the Nazis, but I do know that the kikes did stir shit in this time and that calling negative lit on them antisemitic is just the way they try to deal with it. They caused the deaths of millions of Slavs and I'm not going to give a shit what they think about it. "Antisemitic" is as retarded as "islamophobic".

I'm also not posting anything about any conspiracies, as I don't believe in those. I'm grounding my scepticism in the fact of history.

Did you even read that shit?

>Nationalism and Sexuality
Literally goying oy vey because the author is a faggot

>Toward the Final Solution
Calimin unironically there were 6 Million kikes killed and how rassicism is an european invention

>when biology becomes destiny
Woman screeching about having to get kids

>german women and empire
Females were the only hope

It's a progressive shitfest and a waste of time.

A book about the poor jews written by a gay jew which constantly writes about the poor 6 gorillion.

Into the trash it goes.

It is happening, again.

That's why we need to know how the future will unfold.

This. Some say Schmitt's Weimar period is his best work. It centers around critiquing the liberal Weimar constitution because, as he saw it, it would be self-defeating and allow something like Nazism or Communism to take over. He thought liberalism of the Weimar republic would lead to a civil war and pointed out various contradictions of liberalism which are extremely accurate today which are useful for both the left and the right.

Crisis of Parliamentary Democracy is a good one also.

What a surprise, a reactionary anti semetic pole.

>implying reactionary is bad.
You need to combat the degeneracy and libcuckery.
>implying antisemitism is bad.
Do you deny the people behind Russia turning to Soviet Union were jews?

Why do you think the Jews (it was 5% in bolshevik movement) wanted a different society than the ones they were in? Do you know about the pogroms? Or the anti-semitism in Russia at the time? Or were they a Jewish lie to breed out whiteness?

>5%

What a surprise, an anti-white westerner calling the traditional east buzzwords.

Why do humans always rebuild their envoirement to their own needs? Different people flurish in different societies. The jews never wanted to be part of their hosts and always cared to remain different, so why wouldn't they cease the chance and try to use the uproarm if not even stir it, for their own goals? Literaly every foreign group does the same. That's also why germans were not really welcommened in the USA as they had a different character to the mainly anglo stock and people were afraid they would vote their Kraut ways into office. And now look how is allowed to vote and how the USA and the west as such has changed due to minorities and how such minorities try to supvert the nation like the muslim major of London. This is human nature.

B-but let us not be anti-semitic, posting facts.. Master musn't know. Master will be angry with Smeagoy.

smirked at this post.

BUMP

the ethic composition of these institutions stayed exactly the same for thirty years?

Sadly, they didn't publish the numbers of russians they killed off.

What? Also it's easily researchable, Stalin's government was clearly not 95% Jewish.

Does it say "Stalins Goverment was 9 percent jewish"? user, please. You clearly can see the difference due to importance. And if it's so easily to research, feel free to prove me wrong.

It says the central government in the 1910's, 20's, and 30's, so yes it does.

>goverment
>central goverment
It's like saying 6 gorillion is the same as 6.