NEW /CLiff/ ft. /J. B. Peterson/

youtu.be/NqXaslEsGzQ

>Fasten your seat, bucko!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/myNOxWnAr3A
youtube.com/watch?v=PotnyAxuO2Q
youtu.be/VMgP8upgj4w?t=28m27s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I actually love that this guy exists and feel no animosity towards him because his whole persona and general identity is so fun to laugh at

Watching the beginning of his Bataille review was like observing a Woody Allen character without a hint of self awareness. Sublime.

>peterson
>cliff's getting really desperate
fuck off cliff, we have a new youtube bf to bully for his vapid materialistic nature now

Cliff just stop, this is getting desperate

who?

also Cliff a shit

>and it's nothing short of some of the most profound stuff out there that I've come across

I wanted to rage at the ridiculousness of this statement but then I remembered that Cliff is just a yuppie huckster using lit as a means of self-branding toward impressionable middlebrows. Close call.

fuck off to r/books, cliff

source?

lol he talks about Bataille with Jordan

CLIFF GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

stay woke brother

oh shit they crossed the memes, can't go back anymore

Based cliff. JBP is my man-crush.

>"I can't identify with atheism anymore. Its like - I kind of find it indefensible. I can't dismiss the fundamental importance of religion and religious texts."

BASED.

How the fuck does Peterson work his shit on people like this? Its fucking impressive.

Stop spamming Cliff or you're going to get banned

mods, can we ban this faggot cliff already?

Is he stupid?
The main thing that puzzles me about Peterson is realizing just how many people were apparently incapable of reaching that greentext conclusion on their own. It's shocking to me. I really overestimated the intelligence of the average person. I'm not just throwing out pot shots I literally think you have to be dumb as fuck to fall for Dawkins-tier atheism.
>I can't dismiss the fundamental importance of religion
Imagine needing someone to tell you to think this because you couldn't figure it out on your own. It's like these people are fucking robots.

Who is this Cliff idiot anyways? Never heard of him. Not impressed. If you're going to vlog about books and ideas I expect you to be able to speak for longer than a sentence before needing a jump cut to bail you out. Seriously this is Stacey-tier jump cutting.

WHEN MEMES COLLIDE

Itt: People who haven't read the book and only watched Peterson's postmodernism memeing.

youtu.be/myNOxWnAr3A

Kill yourself

The review was great, but I don't know if Cliff was just a little too excited to talk with him or he's just lacking experience in interviewing/podcasting/discussing for an audience; he jumped in while he was talking too many times with "yep" and "uh huh".

How come /Cliff/ is so cool?

not everyone is on your level of intellectualism, dude. These things aren't as clear crystal as you'd make them out to be. People now a days are busy and distracted, looking forward to the weekend, heck, even smarter individuals are quick to dismiss these truths. Either way it's edgy as fuck when you come at it like you are. You're no worse than fedora atheists.

Most reddit post I've seen all week.
Kindly leave brainlet, we're not lowering the bar for you

Couldn't watch it because of this. Fucking C R I N G E

>The review was great
No. He sucked his dick and yammered on about saving people's lives.

again with the edgelord shit. Calm down faggot you're not impressing anyone.

literally who

He is /ourguy/

so is just a retarded homo, gotcha.

as someone who's hysterically pessimistic and doesn't see much meaning in anything I've been meaning to read something/some things that challenge all that and slap me upside the head. But I can't seem to find much optimistic, positive or whatever philosophy that isn't self-help bullshit. Maybe this book is what I need, I saw Peterson on Rogan's podcast and thought he seemed alright.

560 pages and 50+ bucks to read some /pol/ hero's work is a gamble though..

Peterson put a PDF of it up for free online. Google it

>better than food, man
I've lost it 4 seconds in.

Its bullshit dude, look at this nu-age mystic "science" he publishes

Cliff watches the Joe Rogan podcast and is truly amazed by Peterson's thoughts. Is Cliff an essentially stupid person?
How can he lack so much self-awareness? He's basically a child! I mean, apparently he has read hundreds of books, so how the fuck can he be so clueless?

he has "read" books. look at his Recognitions "review," it's laughable how obvious it is he didn't read it

>Is Cliff an essentially stupid person?

The fact you need to ask this makes me question your intelligence

I've never cared about Cliff, I've just watched the first 3 minutes and I've seen lots of reviews on his channel.
I mean, maybe he was faking it for money, or maybe he was being ironic. I genuinely can't believe that these words are being uttered by a well-read adult. When I say essentially stupid I genuinely mean "borderline retarded".

Neither of you is likely more intelligent than he is. If we were intellectually gifted, we wouldn't be posting on Veeky Forums.

>apparently he has read hundreds of books

Too bad it was all fiction.

Project more, I'm unironically a certified genius

how can you be so mean to cliff, guys?

he's so precious, bless his heart

Id bet a hair on my left nut he listens to Hopsin.

>wojakhavingsexwithownbrain.jpg

>notorious pajeet tripfaggot riles up to reluctant defence of a quasiredbulled internet persona
just as expected

Nah, he's got pretty good taste in music. He's got good taste overall, actually.

Watching the interview portion of the video now and Cliff and Jordan really seem to agree about lots of things, including all the depression, alcohol, training and diet aspects of life.

referring to his own book as "an antidote to ideology and nihilism" is cocky as hell though. I can respect that.

I have trouble reading even short stories on my monitor, let alone a giant work like this. That's nice of him to put it up for free though.

Ew a Poointheloo?
Wont be engaging with him again

Imagine posting Stirner memes on Veeky Forums while living with your mom and still feeling superior to anyone else ever. Either ignore or enjoy fags like Cliff. This "im so much more cultured and informed than he is" nonsense in embarrassing.

>pajeet
I don't mind dots, but please. This is triggering

>Trip faggot Indian with reddit spacing.
Please fuck off.

Microdick smelly brown autistic heathen

That's a pretty weak argument. I don't doubt the importance and relevance of religious texts on our societies moral compasses, but at the same time its hard to defend a diety that is willing to give cancer to children, but let celebrities win awards because of their "devotion"

Not playing anymore

>I don't believe in God
>But I still assert giving children cancer is inherently morally wrong

>This "im so much more cultured and informed than he is" nonsense in embarrassing.
i rarely shit on this meme guy when threads about him are up here but you are being a no fun zone faggot sissymary about this

>I need a man that looks like me in the sky to not be a dick

I'm not saying it morally wrong, but why defend a god who willingly kills his own creation?

If we are given suffering we must be thankful for it, for we may rejoyce in the Spirit which is revealed in struggle

Horseshit. Hey Timmy, I know you'd like to be out with friends enjoying your childhood, creating memories but we have to hook you up to a ventilator so you don't choke to death while you sleep. Remember God loves you!

That's a fucking swindle if there ever was one

Sorry Timmy but no one owes you anything in this life. If all you care about is meaningless pleasure be thankful you didn't get much worse

does this guy have no self awareness or is it all an elaborate joke?

Why don't we have someone like Fantano for books? This guy reviews good stuff, but he's the worst

No, no-one is owed anything, but praising a creator who immediately puts someone into a position of suffering before theyve even had a chance of a life is cowardly.

Why shouldn't he care about "pleasure" the dying kids want life, and to experience that (along with their parents mind you) you're just going to deny that to them cuz le hedonism is bad meme

reviewing a book is not like shitting out a review of the latest Ke$$$$$ha album or trap rapper mixtape.

On their own pleasure is meaningless, pain is meaningless. Contentless phenomenon. I could care less if he had his eyeballs torn out if that was all life amounted to.
Whats important is the love of God which transcends this simple base phenomena for which one should be eager to be tortured beyond the point of annihilation for, should the Spirit demand it

And pray tell why would someone who's entire short life lived in pain praise a God who made him that way. It won't transcend shit.

Its always those who live a life of comfort and ease that pain is good. Your pleasure is probably eating, shitposting and reading, something a lot of dying wont be able to do. But thats okay they've got love!

>Its always those who live a life of comfort and ease that pain is good.
mfw

Its not a matter of pain being good. Its a matter of God being good. There is his love, and everything else is of no consequence. Silly to even consider

Kek

>oh he posted one guy who endured suffering and maintained his love

Meanwhile half the Vatican can jet-set around the world, diddlying kids, go back to luxury apartments and tell others how to live. How grand.

I worship Christ my savior, not mortal men

your turn
desperate

His interview with Peterson at the end is the most hilariously awkward and sycophantic thing I've seen in a while. Poor, sweet Cliff

And yet, you remain ignorant and weak

Of course, as we all are

Holy kek at the people chimping out in the comments. You can tell by the emotionally charged language and pure hatred of Peterson and his ideas or beliefs come from bitter and cynical atheists who refuse to entertain the possibility that they're wrong. Its the time of cancerous mindset that Peterson wants people to leave behind.

Look, as an atheist (one that has gone through the ringer of Catholic school for much of my life) embracing religious doctrine doesn't make a person good. And while I like to listen to Peterson about individuals need for responsibility and self-reliance, I detest his hatred for cultural Marxism because it harkens back to Kulturbolschewismus (cultural Bolshevism) which Hitler & co. used to argue agains the Jews, and now his followers are using that argument every which way to solidify their baseless claims.

christ

Flip a coin it changes each day

I think those fans who draw towards believing in God, or at least become more agnostic after watching Peterson's stuff don't become "religious" in the sense you're referring to. I believe in God, I love Peterson's stuff, but i'm not religious. I like the Bible and try to live a somewhat moral (or pious) life according to the teachings of it; but i'm not a church-going person part of a particular sect. I like the Bible in the same way I like books like Meditations. Its profound, full of wisdom, and teaches values that are universally considered good.

I'm biased because I like Peterson's lectures and beliefs align quite closely with mine. What makes him so captivating is that he is able to articulate a lot of profound ideas I and many of his fans were unable to convey before. You can disagree with him, but you shouldn't be so hateful towards him just because you either disagree with him on some fundamental level (i.e. you're an atheist) or because of his supposed political beliefs. Its like, your opinion man.

You're better off reading Emerson. Peterson is too full of himself.

Good taste?

I'm with you on that, I hear a lot of my own beliefs in Peterson (at least from a moral standpoint(you can argue whether those are inherent or were fused into my vis a vie Catholic upbringing) but I am in no ways hate-filled towards him.

What I dislike is his dogwhistle against post-modernism, and how his fans are throwing away any and all forms of post-modern though/work as cultural Marxist trash without investigating them for themselves. I am an atheist because of my investment into the Church at a young age, I know the Bible and the Beatitudes etc, because I was immersed in that world. Now Peterson decries post-modernism and his hardcore fans become livid towards anything remotely of the sort without really investigating it themselves

case in point: youtube.com/watch?v=PotnyAxuO2Q

I watch some of Peterson's video's, i don't get it what's so special about Peterson ?

Is it something political or linked to social issues and SJW's LGBT i seriously don't see any other reason so it must be that

He announced the resurrection of God.

Peterson isn't a Christian, he's a self admitted atheist and a neo-Pagan at best

This faggot just reads the dust jacket for ten minutes wtf.

Also check out his face during the interview lmao.

The interview was terrible, I'm glad he was forced to pay for it kek.
He would ask a question and then immediately hold back annoyance at Peterson taking too long to answer.
How can you be an interviewer if you aren't even willing to listen?
Yeah I get that Peterson was somewhat just doing his greatest hits but man that interview was autistic as fuck, I don't think he responded to anything Peterson actually said just
>hmm yessss...
>autistic facial expression of contemplation
>rushes to next planned question

The last one was especially embarrassing you could see the anxiety rising as he began to think he wasn't going to be able to get in his "funny" Tom Waits question.
Fortunately Peterson has a lot of charm so he held it together but bloody hell man that cliff guy needs to get it together if you're gonna make pretenses at being a personality and thinker then you at least gotta get the basics figured out

>I'm glad he was forced to pay for it

Peterson is such a greedy kike

This. You couldn't pay me enough to be caught dead opposite that red-faced psued but every Jew has his price.

Peterson would fucking rip you apart with his bare hands.
Watch his latest Patreon Q&A video.
Dude used to bench lmao2pl8. He fucking aced all the memes before you were even born.

I can't even watch the whole interview because I feel sorry for Cliff and how he is just there humiliating himself in front of JP

The Holy Trinity of Memes

>all their middle names are either B or rhyme with B
holy shit
what is kek trying to tell us?

>or rhyme with B

I hope this is bait

Oof, fuckin exposed. Kindly fuck off back to /mu/.. or Reddit I guess

The Holy Trinity of Memes strikes again!

youtu.be/VMgP8upgj4w?t=28m27s

>chimping out in the comments
>thinks it's Peterson making them do that
did we ever tell you about that time when we told Cliff that his dead father would regret the way he spent his inheritance money, newbie? do you only get on the internet for peterson?

It is hard to tell.

I look like a more attractive version of Cliff.
I used to think my nose was bad but wow he really lost the nose lottery. It barely looks human.