Why would JK Rowling write a whole house for kids whose personality trait is just being evil and another one that's...

Why would JK Rowling write a whole house for kids whose personality trait is just being evil and another one that's just "none of the above?"

You lost me when your differentiations went beyond good and evil.

Slytherin isn't for the evil, it is for the ambitious. Slughorn and Snape were heads of Slytherin House, and both were excellent fellows. They may have been a bit discriminating in their praise, but they were hardly unfair. Their personal drive for excellence is what made them powerful, and demanding of their students. Like stern parents would be.

How power is used defines "evil." The Malfoys and especially Voldemort were characterized as evil by their actions, not their traits. Voldemort was not born evil. In fact, he allowed his misanthropy to make him into what he became. Avoiding that fate is the ultimate lesson of Hogwarts, or any parent for their child. Remember that Harry, like Tom, was an orphan adopted by Dumbledore.

Hufflepuff is a tragically mistreated house anyway. It's not "miscellaneous" as far as I remember, it's for people who are loyal and dedicated, above all, to their friends. You know what people do for their friends? Murder.
like this
Gryffindor pro: Brave con:vindictive
Slytherin pro: Ambitious con:cruel
Ravenclaw pro:intelligent con:arrogant
Hufflepuff pro: dedicated con: obsessive

Let's not pretend that the deciding trait of Hufflepuff isn't how much weed they smoke

Who here /ravenclaw/?

Only good house desu

no, I want to pretend that's where the secret lunatics are.

Realk talk this is a meme criticism of Rowling's shitty books because anyone who was ever at school knows that kids basically do fall into four categories:

>good
>bad
>clever
>just sort of there

The only people who went through any school system and think this are the ones who fit into none of these categories and had no friends. They base their perceptions of those around them on the shitty fiction that they consumed and convinced themselves that real life is also like that, with no experience to back it up. Kind of like you , user. You have to actually talk to people if you want to make value judgements about them. You can't just project your deluded fantasy on them :)

jack black i thought was pies of shit, i looked into him, not a bad guuy honestley

Is this a post by Rowling herself?

LMAO

Pic related. Blue and bronze 4lyfe.

Nope, just someone who did their masters thesis on Harry Potter mythos.

They're just the 4 humours, no?
>Griffindor - Sanguine
>Slytherin - Melancholic
>Ravenclaw - Choleric
>Hufflepuff - Phlegmatic

>post accusing others of projection
>projects

never change Veeky Forums

Nice try, Joanne.

>did their masters thesis on Harry Potter mythos.

...Why?

What else did you expect from one of the dullest franchises in history? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

Hahaha did you just copy paste that text, changed it a bit and hoped none would notice? What happened to this site?

Not that guy, but clearly most people misunderstood it, and it's a children's book, so I doubt he had to dig very deep to get enough info for a thesis. Sounds like it was an easy A.

>God tier
>Atlas Shrugged

>Low tier
>Tolkien

>The Stranger is rated higher than Crime and Punishment
Is there a one Dosto limit per tier or something?

HP was written by MI5 to soften up the public to the notion of a racially and culturally mongrelised society. Prove me wrong.

The burden of proof is on you.

nigger

i thought ravenclaw was what OP meant by none of the above

why would anyone spend their time making such a horrible chart?

that's a first, as far as I know- hufflepuff is usually the one left behind. Probably because it doesn't have a one word summary.

May I be the first to condemn the frankly ignorant posts in this thread accusing us Hufflepuffs of being somehow obscure, ambivalent individuals with no distinctive qualities or virtues. We Hufflepuffs, it is true, tend to be calm, studious individuals who value respect and tolerance and who tend also to shy away from the violence or aggression others use to attain their goals. Have you by chance checked the most recent exam results pertaining to Herbology? Because if you had you would know that we are very academically inclined in those subjects closest to our hearts. I myself am currently earning fantastic marks in Divination and intend to pursue a career in the field at the Ministry of Magic. And who is it who volunteers to clean out the owl coop every week? And who is who tends for the various magical animals who are also resident in the Hogwarts grounds? It is we Hufflepuffs. We do so out of the goodness of our hearts, yet time and time again I hear it said that we are somehow weaker, or less capable of success than students belonging to the other houses at Hogwarts. That, sirs and madams, is just not true.

>did their master's thesis on Harry Potter mythos

I hope you're kidding, I was. I was just blasting you for sounding retarded.

A master's thesis on HP - what a waste of an opportunity.