Tipping your delivery driver

So I'm a delivery driver for a grilled sandwich shop.

Tell me why all the white customers tipped, but all the black customers didn't?

I'm seriously becoming more and more racist because of this job. I don't want to be, but I can't ignore this pattern.

Does anyone know why this is? Also how much do you usually tip?

Other urls found in this thread:

scholarship.sha.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1586&context=articles
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I\m white and I don't tip.

Not tipping is redpilled, I never tip, your kike owner should pay you better

White people care about strangers and black people don't

Do you use your own vehicle?

Its an etiquette thing. Btw all these people who aren't tipping me are going to be getting their food last and cold compared to the others who do tip me. I know other drivers who do the same.

Yes

This is why I tip. I know nobody else around me does and I usually get my pizza in less than 1/2 hour

I'm a white leftist and I don't tip because I refuse to support the enrichment of (((owners))) at the expense of them fucking labor over. Btw, organize the other employees and strike on friday night during rush. See how quickly the owner's tune changes.

>I'm seriously becoming more and more racist because of this job.
Sounds like you were racist already.

If you show you care just alittle, I show that I care a lot. Its how it goes.

>See how quickly your employment status changes
Fixed that for ya

Alittle bit yeah, customer service does that to you.

>Sounds like you were racist already.
This. I delivered pizza and sandwiches for years, and while black people DO tip less, I never assumed it was because of their skin color. I just assumed those individuals were classless scum, like I assume about white non-tippers.

Great, now /pol/ is leaking again.

Fuck off

>customer service does that to you.
Sorry, don't buy it. You just sound like a retarded racist.

I tip if it's a personal vehicle but I'll be damned if I tip a delivery driver driving a company car. You're literally just doing your job, driving food from one place to another. Not providing service like say a waiter. Do you tip the mail man?

OP didn't say it was *because* of their skin color. You both noticed the same pattern though

Yeah op here and I dont go "this is a black name, im probably not getting a tip." Its just that when I don't get a tip I go, "not surprised." I never assume the worst of an individual, unless they gave me a reason to do that previously.

T. Someone who's never worked in customer service

If you want to develop a racist bias against Asians, work in a hotel. Against Jews, work for one/be a waiter. Against black people be a waiter. Against white people, be a cashier. Against latinos, live among them.

Clearly you never worked customer service.

Black people don't tip, it's not a stereotype it's a fact. When I worked at a restaurant, even the black waitstaff hated getting sat a black table. Neckbeards and NEETs don't tip either because they think they're redpilled and that tipping is fueling the jewish agenda or some shit.

Are your sandwiches from Jimmy John's

>why does it seem like white people tip more often than black people
because white people are typically less frugal and are far more paranoid about their food

A white person tips because he believes in exchange he'll get preferential service next time and the driver isn't gonna blow a load in the horseradish sauce

A black person doesn't tip because why the fuck would I give you extra money nigga?

I was a delivery driver for a total of 8 years.

>Yeah op here and I dont go "this is a black name, im probably not getting a tip."

Same here. I've been delivering for 2 years now and although I never try to assume that my black customers won't tip, they never fail to live up to their stereotype and dissappoint me.

Here's the kicker: I'm half black and they still don't tip me either, so it's not just a "white people" problem.

Nope, much better. We're a north eastern chain. Only in a few states, but great quality.

I understand why black people don't tip but all they have done is made everyone in the food service industry hate them. They get shitty service in return, which causes them to chimp out and they can't figure out why they are getting shitty service.

>he doesn't give his mailman a Christmas bonus.

Take care of them once and they take care of you all year.

I didn't think it was a white people problem, that would be much worse. Our black drivers have had the same problems unfortunately. Sucks man!

Lol where in ultra liberal whitey whiteville?

Do you deliver freaky fast

>jump to conclusion that someone has never worked CS
>get proven wrong
>jump to conclusion again

It's like all the racists want to blame their racism on having a shitty job, or lack of racism on living a sheltered life.
Protip: not everyone is so weak willed that they forge lifelong hatred from simply not being given a gratuity for delivering a pizza or a sandwich.

>Live paycheck to paycheck
>Strike on busiest night to show owner who's boss
>Your next paycheck is missing it's biggest day
>You're also fired a week later once boss gets replacements

>I understand why black people don't tip but all they have done is made everyone in the food service industry hate them.

They EARNED their stereotype for not tipping. Nobody to blame but themselves.

>I didn't think it was a white people problem, that would be much worse. Our black drivers have had the same problems unfortunately. Sucks man!

Again, I'm not white and I know plenty of latino and other black drivers that hate delivering in black neighborhoods.

Fats are facts.

Black people don't tip. Even to half black deliverers... so even blacks stereotype other blacks because of this. And they're not wrong... which is shameful for some of us.

I'm a fat neckbeard and I tip. I don't expect anybody to know that though. I'll go to a bar / restaurant a few times and then they get to know me because I'm conspicuously a fat neckbeard who most likely orders the same thing every single time.

I am redpilled on tipping but only in an abstract way. I see that the system is flawed but I realize that trying to protest it by not tipping is ineffective and selfish. Also I don't know the difference between good service and shitty service unless it's really bad, because I've never worked one of those jobs so idk what it's like.

>not accepting "Thanks, playa" or "Good looking out, homie" as a tip

CHECK your privilege

I'm white and I'm a really fucking good tipper because I used to be a bartender and know what it's like to live on that.

Every driver is different but normally im early or on time. I also work on the line, im a shift leader at the store. So a lot of the time im not just delivering but making the food too.

May every meal you buy be marinated in dishwasher cum.

Well where do you live?

How many times have you gotten stiffed by blacks?

Also you're assuming that I carry these hatred with me outside of work and hate all blacks for it, when I dont. Its not like I get a delivery order from a black guy and assume im getting stiffed, but when they stiff me it isnt a surprise due to the pattern.

I give everyone who walks through the door excellent service. However if someome treats me like an asshole or is extra difficult, im probably not going to put any extra effort into making their experience better. This goes for everyone.

:(

Do you think this is a cultural thing? I dont think its just a matter of them having less money because most of the time I get stiffed by black people who are more well off than poor.

No. They just don't give a fuck about anything or anyone but themselves.

And how do you know what house is going to tip before you deliver the pizza? Are you some kind of omniscient pizza delivery boy?

Kek

>Ayo could you hook it up with some ranch?

umad ',:)

Aren't you already getting your wages?
Customer already pays for meal, pays applicable taxes and for some stupid greedy western civilizational reason has to pay you in addition to you already earning wages????
There are many countries that will tell you to not TIP any of there staff, why? Because they're already getting paid.

>Doesnt read the thread
>Assumes I deliver pizza when I mentioned in the OP that I didn't.
>Also missed the part where I mentioned I dont assume or go "figures" until after I deliver it and get stiffed.

You would be surprised at how much ongoing, repeat business a pizza chain gets. I used to work for one and could recognize the names/numbers of regulars who would order multiple times a week. These people of course never tipped because they thought they were some sort of frequent flyer high roller for eating fast food pizza several times a week and not being capable of feeding themselves

Dishwasher here. I don't tip because the servers who bitch about tips are the biggest cunts and only just avoided getting pimped out by Tyrone.

Back of house doesn't get tips why the fuck should we care about your good goy prize?

The most obnoxious shit is when people specifically request to be tipped in cash. Bitch, if I tip then I will do so however the fuck I please. I am fully aware of how much you want to commit tax evasion and that's the entire reason you want to be tipped in cash, but that doesn't have anything to do with me.

In fact, maybe I want you to have to pay taxes. The tip I pay to you is like a voluntary form of taxation, in that I am only doing it so you won't starve because I know you're a poor person. So why exactly should I facilitate your attempt to avoid paying your legally obligated fair share to society?

This is another reason tipping should be abolished. What I have to bribe my server to get decent servise?

scholarship.sha.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1586&context=articles

It's a known thing. Here's a study on it.

I know it's just how proper research journals work, but does it really take 14 pages to get across "black people and asians just think tipping less is normal and we all need to tell them it's 15-20 percent"

Wow this is awesome, thank you! I really appreciate it.

This, fuck tipping.

That's like saying, "Does this book really need to be 500 pages, just say 'guy did thing, saved the day'?"

sorry guys... you are not full white. Check ancestory dot com

You're not entitled to tips.
If you want more money, go find a higher paying job.

I'm sorry but if you aren't tipping 60% of your bill you don't deserve service user. Go eat out of our dumpster if you're that desperate.

I'm black and I tip in restaurants and I tip delivery drivers.

Your a small minded person that fails to realize what happens around him personally is not what happens every single time, without exception.

This is the closest to the truth. If the pizza costs $15, why am I shelling out 5-10 extra dollars?

Enjoy your complimentary jizz sauce

If you have personal knowledge about the correlation between skin colour and classlessness will you be able to resist using that knowledge when you are unable to personally judge every relevant person on their own merit? For instance to decide what area to raise your kid in or what school to send them to.

People apply Bayesian inference all day, every day. Unfortunately math is racist ... sometimes skin colour is all you have to go on, especially if you're not rich. Being able to filter your surrounding based on economic class is the easiest way to not be racist ... not a method available to everyone.

Black people being poor tippers is real but it's a culture thing. No one taught them to tip so they don't know to do it. And naturally the people expecting a tip won't say shit, so the world keeps on turning.

They could be objectivist. Tipping at a restaurant you will never return to is either altruism or value signalling to your dinner partner.

So a pair of Ayn Rand fans would not tip at a restaurant they visit once.

>implying that im not trying to find a higher paying job while I work at this shitty job to pay bills.

if you honestly thought you were worth more, you would just quit and get the right value for your time. this is not the case.

Gosh, real life experience sure is racist

Because someone is bringing it to your house. Don't want to tip? Go pick it up yourself

I used to deliver Chinese food and if you were a known non/shit-tipper, your food would automatically be last priority. No one would want to take it and the guy that did would likely deliver it last behind his other five orders on that run.

You're an idiot who doesn't understand my life situation. Do you think bills get paid magically? They don't. In the meantime while I look for a better job I have to work.

Trips confirm this

You divide your time and accept less than you feel you are worth, and I'm the idiot? I am not bitching or claiming I am worth more than what I do. Fucking whiner.

I know this is shit posting but
>doesn't tip because it socks it to the owner
>still supports the business with patronage.

Yeah I left him a hundred bucks and a case of beer.

Congrats on being the exception. It's still a general trend. It's okay Mormons tip like shit.

After waiting tables for 4 years and never having an exception to the rule means you are the outlier, and there is probably a 90% chance you are lying about tipping anyway.

You're an idiot for not taking into consideration my life situation, also you seem to be misinterpreting what im saying.

You sound like youve never had a job or lived on your own.

I have both. want to blame me for not settling and making you feel bad for your lack of self respect?

I'd rather tip with sexual favors, not kidding I just think it'd be more fun.

>your kike owner should pay you better
Enjoy suddenly paying $15 for your sandwich

I can browse however many boards I wish
You fuck off

You must be a boomer then. Or plain retarded.

Your job is easy as fuck

I've been ordering from the same Domino's for years. I have never tipped a driver and my pizza is always at the door within 20 minutes.

So is going to pick up the food yourself

It's rare I order, but now that I have a few bucks, I do 20%+.

They do a helluva lot more than any sever bitch does.

LMAOing at all the butthurt niggers not owning up to the fact that they don't too like it's a fucking crime

I don't tip sometimes but that's because I'm poor so my tipping is inconsistent. I know tipping is a scam, but I still do it because some places/people earn it.
If Blacks don't too period then just own up to it lol you stupid niggers act like it's the end of the world you're rude-ass chimps but don't act like you're not

>Ive been ordering domino's for years
Fucking retard

Goddamn hippies

Must be an income thing. I'm black and I typically tip at least $7 cash to the pizza delivery person.

You a house boy nigga

>I'm so poor I order pizza delivered to my door

>Enjoy suddenly paying $15 for your sandwich
I would gladly pay $15 for sandwiches if it would eliminate the tipping system.
I don't even care about the money, I just hate this stupid "pay people money that isn't part of the bill" game.
Who came up with this retarded concept in the first place? It would be so easy just to charge an equivalent extra amount of money as part of the actual bill, what the fuck is the point of not charging some small amount of money that you expect customers give you in addition to the bill?

>what the fuck is the point of not charging some small amount of money that you expect customers give you in addition to the bill?
Customers pay less overall
Business makes more money overall
Wait staff get paid more overall
Eliminating tips would absolutely fucking destroy most waitstaff, because they get everything tax-free as cash, and they aren't smart enough to do basic accounting so they think they get paid shit.
In reality most waitstaff and delivery drivers average out to $12-18/hr, depending on where they live and how nice the place is.

This is what I don't get. If you can't afford to tip an extra couple of dollars for delivery or table service, why the fuck are you eating out and paying so much for food in the first place?

Doing dumb things like this is literally why you're poor and will continue to be

they full on know they are defrauding the gov... that is why they defend a broken system. Doing so benefits them.