What do I read if I can't get enough of McCarthy, but want to experience new authors?

What do I read if I can't get enough of McCarthy, but want to experience new authors?

the guys he stole from: melville, faulkner, hemingway

Hm. He's pretty unique. But Faulkner, Melville, and the Old Testament should quench your thirst (in reverse order of course).

>melville, faulkner
yes

>hemingway
no

You could also try Flannery O'Connor if you like his Appalachian works.

There's also an obscure book titled The Bible which McCarthy makes a lot of esoteric references to throughout his works.

Here user I will write some mccarthy-esque prose to scratch your itch

>and the night was cold and the man tried to sleep on the ground and even though he was tough it was too uncomfortable to sleep on the ground and he felt lugubrious because he could not sleep on the groud so he got up and he decided to cook a tortilla with some bean and he spat and he lit a fire and he cooked some beans and he cooked a tortilla and he ate them and they were good.
ye

Go watch TV, pleb

>mccarthy fan
>calls other people a pleb
ooh i am laffin, do you have r/books open in another tab?

Okay, sorry. Go read the Iliad and then come back telling us that you did, pseudo -intellectual bore.

but I've read it already you sniveling redditor. go ahead recommend something else I've read that too!

I've read them all!!!!

a woman has to cook the tortilla and beans for him, because that's all women do in his novels

No, he's right. Really, just go.

>hemingway
wut
There's far more Dostoevsky in him than Hemm.

make me you psedu shit.

YeCarthy a hack and you should feel bad for enjoying him. He will never ever ever get the nobel prize, which even a drug addled singer can get these days.

What could make me feel worse than how it must feel to have to be you every day?

>yecarthy fags are this assblasted

lmao stay mad

>ooh i am laffin
go back to your containment board.

You've been inexplicably angry this whole time. Read your own posts aloud. Take a walk around the block to calm down though.

Op here.

I can see why he does not like him. Mccarthy's prose is certainly not made for rich parents' brats. They can not enjoy him because they do not know about life. They need sterile, elite-approved stuff to reassure their cotentless existences.

That being said, can we just ignore the twat and go on with the topic?

One at least has an over-fantastic sexual history (Cities) and another is periodically obseved in gaudy finery on a horse (Crossing) but geez user, youre pretty much correct. And perhaps the latter example's only a girl and not a 'woman' per se. A few here and there in the later works doing pretty much nothing, too, I suppose....

>only tough men like me can understand thetortilla and bean man who is allergic to punctuation
fight me you pleb

>n-n-no you are mad
pathetic

Deep breaths, champ.