Any good reading lists on Gnosticism/esotericism/mysticism/occultism?

Any good reading lists on Gnosticism/esotericism/mysticism/occultism?

what a strange list.

I actually like a lot of this stuff, but I don't think Naomi Klein, Chomsky, Adorno, McLuhan or or Eco have much to do with gnosticism.

Still, cool stuff to read.

The Greeks.

>reads Oedipus Rex once
wtf I understand all philosophy now!

>reads greek tragic canon
>reads aristotle's poetics
>reads the comics, specifically aristophanes frogs
>pick any random greek tragic text to reread

congratulations, NOW you have developed a toolset to read tragedy and POetry, and glean more information from it then you would have in a LIFETIME, had you chosen to ignore the poetic founders of the western tradition, and you have a better understanding of the greek tragedy you've chosen to reread than 70% of humanities students will ever have

>aristophanes was making frog comics 2500 years ago
blew my mind to be desu

and the frog is an incredibly important icon for human mythology in general, whether they knew it, or not ( i speak in the past tense because the phenomenon of "pepe" or "kek" is no longer what it was for a short period of time, like all 'memes' in recent times it has transitioned from communication of ideal as a cultural unit, to communication of cultural unit as a cultural unit, only used to communicate membership, not realizing that in utilizing it in such a way, those smart enough to have devised and used the unit to identify their ideals in the first place have now been tipped off to the fact that the unit is no longer valuable as a means of covert communication of identity. This produces what you see today: "kekistan" flag wavers who have no idea that all the original members are gone, and only the invading less-intelligent masses, who to some degree have preference for the ideal but were too stupid to recognize it's communication in the cultural unit when it was covert, and could only recognize the ideal in the overt consequences those who used the tool produced)

anyways, what's interesting about the frog is it's duality as something which lives in the sea and something which lives on the land, that's not the whole picture, but the tension presented there serves as a good starting point for reading any text which presents frogs

This list really lacks the roots

read stuff by the original renisaaince alchemists / court men themselves (and their bios too)

Stuff like Paracleesus and Robert Fludd and Basil Valentine and John dee

Take the Taschen Alchemy and Mysticsm book as ur guide and read as much of the original sources you can

Also where the fuck is Charles williams

You need to read Charles Williams user - both novels and essays

And read the Zohar

Who would you recommend as "original sources" beyond the ones you named?

Can someone explain what this shit is? I've been reading up on Gnosticism. Is this like the new age Ways of thinking about the relationships between mind, body, and universe?

You need to read all the books to understand it

What specific books would you recommend?

Hidden knowledge, mysticism, etc.

this board is full of hippie retards

so was your mother's cunt in the 70s

In terms of just really diving into Gnosticism, this is a good place to start

The Gnostics: Myth, Ritual, and Diversity in Early Christianity by David Brakke
Neoplatonism by Paulina Remes
The Secret History of Hermes Trismegistus by Florian Ebeling

Plato's Phaedo, Republic, Timaeus
New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha
Nag Hammadi Scriptures by Meyer
Hermetica: The Greek Corpus Hermeticum and the Latin Asclepius by Brian P. Copenhaver
Enneads by Plotinus

Try not reading instead.