Why is Japanese food so healthy but it's very high in white rice, a processed carbohydrates?

Why is Japanese food so healthy but it's very high in white rice, a processed carbohydrates?

Other urls found in this thread:

nbakki.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/08/05/231455
achewood.com/index.php?date=12162005
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Japanese food
>healthy
Then why are they all weak as fuck with tiny dicks?

rice does its job
filling as fuck due to high water content
aids digestion
source of long term energy

The ancient Japanese were so wise, they foresaw a higher form of existence centuries before it became a reality

Eh?

I find commenting on a foreign diet is pointless, especially because everyone puts out a false front or attacks others to distract from their own problems.

Rice is a stable food throughout the region, and consumed to a point where it causes diabetes in slimmer individuals on the mainland. Food varies from region to region, rice just happens to be the corn/potato of most of asia.

traps my nigga

>low sugar
>low fat
They're getting fatter as these things become more available/cheap.

>higher form of existence
>ladyboys with a heaping helping of mental illness and legitimate debate over whether masturbating to another man is or is not gay

It's mostly the high amounts of omega-3s they get from seafood combined with their high-vegetable diet.

Rice is just their staple grain just like wheat is the staple of European diets and corn is a staple of Meso/Modern American diets.

High calorie density isn't bad when you have self-control re: portion sizes and a daily routine that incorporates 8-10km walks to the station rather than 30-foot walks to the car.

If you eat Jap food in American portions while living American-style you bloat like the usual nerd caricature. If you eat American food in Jap portions while living Jap-style you go full otter mode.

Who the fuck walks 10km to the station. That's like a 4 hour walk.

>That's like a 4 hour walk.

if you're american, i suppose.

but also 2.5km to home station, 1.5km work station to work, 1.5km work to work station, 1km intermediate station to A-Colle or whatever, 1km back, 2.5km home station to work. That's a completely reasonably 9km and doesn't even factor in further out of the way places like if you go barhopping after work or want to pick up an order at an out-of-the-way bookstore.

This sounds like a normal commute for me (American) except I bike to and from work -- 10 km each way, often more if I pick up groceries on the way back. I think walking 10 km would be a little extreme, it's a 30 minute bike ride each way so that would be a very long walk, but I could see the entire day's walking totaling up to 10 km.

Miso soup, rice and tea for dinner? What kind of household is this?

>if you're american, i suppose.
So Europeans walk 10km per day AND ride the train? I'm so glad I don't live in the 3rd world and be forced to spend 4 hours commuting to work and pay shitloads of taxes for public transportation LMAO.

>This sounds like a normal commute for me (American)
He's saying that it's a 10km walk just from home -> station A + station B -> work (and back). This is not a normal commute for you, as your entire commute is 10km. If you walked 2.5km to get to your bike, then biked 10km to a bike park near work, then walked 2.5km to work, that would be analogous to what that poster is describing as the average Japanese commute. You do not do this, neither does the average Japanese.

9 with a shopping side-trip built in. Tokyo one-way commute median is 60-70 minutes per nbakki.hatenablog.com/entry/2014/08/05/231455 , which matches my personal experience and a cursory comparison of rent vs. wages if considered as approx. half onboard trains and half on foot rather than just front door to turnstile. And cthere are paths through Shinjuku or Tokyo Station that are 1km+ from turnstile to platform or platform to platform for transfer.

70 minutes of walking times your own ~5km/h figure, which by the way will get you trampled during rush hour in either of those stations, makes 5-6km just to and from work.

Is it the average Japanese figure? Of course not. Around a third of the country still lives out in flyover land and they drag the national average down hard. But they're also immediately visible in lineups.

>9 with a shopping side-trip built in. Tokyo one-way commute median is 60-70 minutes per
Thanks for proving my point, dipshit. Clearly the Japanese are not spending 60-70 minutes just to walk to the station.

>70 minutes of walking times your own ~5km/h figure, which by the way will get you trampled during rush hour in either of those stations, makes 5-6km just to and from work.
Are you retarded? 70 minutes of commute one way does not equal 70 minutes of walk to and from the station. Most of that time is spent inside a vehicle. Have you ever commuted before? It's so painfully obvious that you are an American teenager who's never left the country before and whose idea of a commute is getting picked up by the schoolbus around the corner.

my commute is short trainwise because it's nearly a straight shot on the keio. my commute is 48 minutes, of which 30 are on foot, so 60 a day counting coming home.

i could fuck with the bus depending on when i left and have 18 minutes on foot 33 minutes on vehicles with a true oedo line straight shot, but it would take longer. and the decision that you don't really notice being on foot if it's faster than the train is key to why Tokyoites, or Osakans or New Yorkers or so on, don't turn into blobs, and why we think the Japanese are slim because half of them are accounted for just between Tokyo and Osaka.

muh dik

realtalk, if there's a gap it's probably less race-based and more ethnicity-based, since basically by definition a purely aesthetic selection (and remember, we're not talking girth here) is gonna be cultural with situations like the Greeks who selected for smaller, girlish cocks on their groomed fucktoy-successors.

A Zulu and a Berber, a Greek and a Dane, a Japanese and a Thai, each of these pairs had nearly nothing culturally in common until the past few generations. So since there's no function to length, even in terms of added stimulation like girth, it's just as likely that they'd end up with opposing takes as matching ones.

came in to post this. japanese portions are usually small, especially when you get everything served in several small bowls or plates. the shit that looks huge in pictures tends to be specialty restaurant gimmicky food and shit, or stuff that doesnt get eaten often by regular japs who eat at home. (like the tonkatsu pictured, which i probably ate way more often than your average jap)
source: lived there for two years.
they eat like little girls, but every westerner who would only be seen as slightly out of shape here looked fat to the japs, though they were usually too polite to say anything.

the only gap is on blacks with their tiny dicks lmao

>Why do japs eat rice for every meal, isn't that a bad carb?

>meanwhile what's popular in america
>cereals, potatoes, breads, pastas, juice, soda, pastries, bagels, doughnuts

Why even throw stones.

I want these weebs to leave.

>Much carbs

Rice is top tier grain.

Wheat is what's got us fucked up.

Both are empty carbs and some fiber. They're a filler that's best used minimally to make room for nutrient-rich vegetables and meats.

There are some vitamins and minerals lost in the process of making white rice, but that's not the real reason brown rice gets pushed as "healthy."
The real reason is brown rice is harder to digest, and foods that are harder to digest / take longer to digest are better for diabetics since their disease is fundamentally a problem of not being able to handle that much sugar spiking all at once.
If you're not an obese diabetic white rice is absolutely fine as a staple food.
A lot of crazy "health food" concepts exist today that are based on foods that have less digestible content or take longer to digest, which isn't really "healthy" except that so many people are obese today that these qualities are something promoted to help them.

So my 7,5 inched is even more impressive then I thought. Or maybe all that estrogen shit in American food is shrink your dicks

No, it actually isn't. Median size is much higher than average.

It's why the ones who don't kill themselves live so long despite working themselves half to death and drinking the night away with their boss

It's all moderation OP. I lived there for 10 years. They all want to conform and be normal, so they eat less if getting fatter. I spoke to many students and they all say they want to be skinny so they look normal. Some japs I saw on trains were fat but looked truly depressed.

It takes me 15-20mins to walk 2,5 km(its more like 2,7-8, but anyways.) I walk fast though. So it would take me an hour/hour 20 to walk 10km. Not that much of a deal. You guys should try get out abit more.

We are taking about average walking speed you mong.

Why would you want to walk for 4 hours when you can walk for 1? You guys are retarded

>How fast does a human walk?
>I'll ask the internet.

Not gonna like that's not walking speed. That's strolling through the park

>including an israeli study under caucasian

hmm

5kmh is how fast 90% of humans walk when they are walking to get to places. You may think your average walking speed is significantly faster but it isn't.

>It takes me 15-20mins to walk 2,5 km(its more like 2,7-8, but anyways.)
That's not your normal walking speed. You don't walk 1.5 miles in 15 minutes or 6 miles per hour. That's already faster than a jog, it's a run.
Feel free to time yourself next time you are out walking.

>how fast does a human walk?
>i'll just make up a number.

My phone says I walk at 8 km/h. I walk at a pretty brisk pace and the phone could be wrong, though.

achewood.com/index.php?date=12162005

Please be in London

Technically that's what they are no matter how much they say otherwise

You should know by how long it takes you to cover ground fatty.

>5kmh is how fast 90% of humans walk when they are walking to get to places. You may think your average walking speed is significantly faster but it isn't.
I'd say cutting time in half is. Are you sure when people are trying to get to places they are walking there fastest? Like at a pace that you'd start sweating after 10-15mins?
>That's not your normal walking speed. You don't walk 1.5 miles in 15 minutes or 6 miles per hour. That's already faster than a jog, it's a run.
Hmmm I can clear 5km in 15mins jogging. Have you ever been to a gym? Or gone outside. Your like a nerd looking at numbers trying to explain to me how to pleasure a woman.
Anyways I've seen people "jog" maybe I don't know the difference between a jog and a run. But when I see people job its ridiculously slow and inefficient from what I can see. Most of there momentum is put into bouncing up and down. I take strong hard strides when walking so I can feel the burn. Maybe that's why you might not see a difference
>Feel free to time yourself next time you are out walking.
I see what time I leave work and what time I enter home. Try doing your own real world experiments rather than regurgitating others work which you've barely studied yourself