Reminder to Australians that serving regular meat on a bun doesn't make it a burger. On the left is a burger...

Reminder to Australians that serving regular meat on a bun doesn't make it a burger. On the left is a burger, because it has a hamburger patty, even though it's on toast. On the right is a chicken sandwich, because it's a whole chicken breast filet, even though it's on a bun.

Yeah, nah. Bread makes the sandwich, buns make the burger. I see a chicken burger and a toasted mince sandwich.

I'd eat that chicken burger, fuck the beef patty sandwich though

You posted this same thing in a thread last night

Why does this upset you so much

the left is a patty melt. the right is a chicken burger
T. an american

>bread makes the sandwich
But that's wrong, faggot.

A patty melt means the bread was cooked with the filling already in it, like any other melt.

Bread = sandwich
Bun = burger

No. Burger patty = burger

>toasted mince sandwich.
the technical term is patty melt

American here, which means that this (along with football, fat, and freedom) is one of the few things I am actually allowed to speak about with authority.

our own advertising will usually refer to the right image as a "Chicken Sandwhich", rather than a burger, which generally refer explicitly to hamburg steak in sandwhich form (the mince patty, cooked, on a bun preferably toasted)

Me, personally, I am alright with referring to the right as a burger so long as it is explicitly connotated as a Chicken Burger. I would never use such language in my own deep and varied conversations about burgers, nor would I be academically correct - but I understand the use of colloquialisms for easing conversation. Obviously when you say Chicken Burger, you mean, a Chicken Sandwhich in the Hamburger style - but that doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

Not in Australian English, which is what this thread is about. Start your own sandwich thread and wait for the Americans to come.

Pic related is a sandwich

>freedom
How’s that two weeks annual leave working out, loser? Yum, this Kinder Surprise is delicious.

It’s the same in English English, so basically the sharters are wrong again as usual. I really wish they’d adopted French or something instead of English but never mind, in twenty years their official language will be Spanish.

Hey dumbfuck, you responded to the OP, and I'm American.

For it to be considered a burger, it must have both buns and a patty. If it is missing one or both, it is simply a sandwich.

this is correct

noice

>cant comprehend that there are language differences between two countries on opposite sides of the globe

get your head out of your ass, cunt.

>patty
Using a girl's name to describe a lumpy meatington.
Disgraceful.

Did someone give you a steak sandwich and call it a steak burger?

steak is actually a good example of the difference between a burger and a sandwich

Be honest user, have you ever met a Patty that wasn't the human equivalent of the sandwich on the left?

The other day someone told me that pasta is bread which means that lasagne is a burger with ketchup.

Yeah, I know. That's why I mentioned it. I'm Australian and I agree entirely with the OP.

then you're wrong
a steak sandwich is a sandwich because its on bread, a steak burger is a steak burger because its on a burger bun

Not worth debating but, the meat defines the title. Steak is steak and there's no such thing as a steak burger because that would be a beef burger (patty), which we call a hamburger for some reason.

A kebab is a lamb sandwich. Not a burger.

>steak means beef
Do americans really

bread is dough
pizza crust is dough
pizza crust is bread
pizza has meat
burger has meat
burger is bread and meat
pizza is bread and meat
is pizza a burger?

>is pizza a burger?
only if you fold it over so all the toppings are between the crust.

No but a similar train of logic would bring me to conclude that your mother’s cunt is a decrepit trawler. Old, dirty, over-used and stinks of bad fish.

Not in Australian or British English it isn't, in lardland English it might be.

sorry but it is correct, sandwich = bread, burger = bun
t. Queenslander

Thoughts on this menu from D.C.?

So a calzone is a sandwhich and a burger?

Oops I misread who I was reply to. Of course it's correct, ignore my post above.
t. Sandgroper

>>>
> Anonymous 12/30/17(Sat)06:31:47 No.9905645▶
>Why do you green mile hotdogs when you have a microwave?
>Also what do you sell out of that trap house?
time to bump all of the threads that are going to die

Since so many of you people insist on calling us Ameriburgers, then I think you should defer to us on all burger-related matters.

>left is clearly a patty melt with chicken
>right is clearly a chicken sandwich
They're both not burgers