*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14730685
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Metal chopsticks suck though
Same goes for those ceramic/plastic ones
Wood and bamboo are the best

plastic can be ok. it all depends on the texture on the business end.

metal in a silver color should be avoided. since chinese emperors would use silver chopsticks to check their food for poison.

Why would Koreans give a shit about that

Metal chopsticks are for grilling. Ceramic are for normal foods.

Rough disposable wood is good for rice but should be thrown away after. Plastic has no real use other than being two slippery sticks, the IKEA of chopsticks.

>but should be thrown away after

"disposable" chopsticks actually have a pretty terrible impact on the environment, please reuse them as long as you can.

No

Metal chopsticks do suck, I figure it's some Korean government conspiracy that makes them popular there.

Sturdy wooden ones work great for grilling.

Why would koreans give a shit about u

Koreans are just retarded inbred Chinese
same goes for Japan, but the Japanese raped all the Okinawans and became less inbred and Chinese

I reuse the good ones that don't make splinters.
But the cheap ones I just toss in the trash after

>please reuse them as long as you can
Or not use them at all. As I stated, they're only good for sticky rice as they have a rough texture. Unfortunately they are both rough and porous which means they harbor bacteria like hell.

Restaurants should probably use metal because they are difficult to break and can be sanitized like a knife, fork, or spoon. In addition they can survive high temperatures and be used to cook.

Ceramic is great for home, until your visiting brother loses his temper and breaks one.

Flat korean chopsticks take some time getting used to, but for certain purposes they are superior to chinese ones. The rectangle tip gives it enough bite to rip pieces of kimchi in half. But good god do they suck for eating potato starch noodles or kalguksu. For noodles chinese are the best.

The disposable ones, after I break them apart I spin them quickly against each other in my palms to deburr them. Dunno where I picked this up.

Bring your own at least.

Kys faggot no one fucking cares

Wooden surfaces actually make for a more inhospitable environment for bacteria than plastic and steel.
It has been the subject of several studies.

I always break my wood/bamboo chopsticks after my meal. It keeps bad spirits from being able to use them against me.

>Metal chopsticks suck though
My Korean friend gave me a set of stainless steel chopsticks, they are square in profile with the knurled tips. They are pretty decent for most foods, but not as good as the set of lacquered wood ones I got in Japan. If the metal ones had the same profile as the lacquered ones they'd be perfect.

They don't though, so who fucking cares

The fuck are these things

That's the point though, if some one made stainless steel chopsticks with a traditional profile, they'd be the best. I don't understand why no one does this. But the metals ones are 85% of the way there, so maybe that's why they don't bother.

It's a Korean chopstick and spoon set.

It probably dates back to ancient times when korean kings ate with silver chopsticks because it was believed silver would change color if it came in contact with poison.

Look at this faggot actually using the spoon.

Chinese spoons are superior anyways. Honestly, western and korean spoons suck.

Shallow tea spoons, table spoons, and soup spoons are impractical and better used to stir. Or not be used at all. This design however is similar to a tiny ladle. It is designed to serve things without spilling and is deep enough to gather and hold vegetables or small pieces of meat or grain. In addition, the angle makes it more comfortable, and less likely to spill if someone bumps you or the table, or you have hand or nerve damage.

Let's settle this
strawpoll.me/14730685
strawpoll.me/14730685
strawpoll.me/14730685

That is the reasoning I have heard as well.
I like stainless steel chopsticks because they are durable and can be sterilized.

non metal chopsticks are for literal plebs

you ever feel like chopticks were a joke that was taken too far? People were using their fingers and some asshole went "bet you can't eat like THIS" and everyone got butthurt and wouldn't let it go for like 1,000 years

Yes. Dumbest utensil ever.

>hurrr it not proper to stab food

Okay so whats wrong with a fork?

heres why forks are shit.

you stab food letting the cooked water or juices run rather than your teeth doing the job.

that's why you take a piece of bread and absorb the juice from the plate you fucking PLEB!!!

metal looks the nicest but in practical use, the worst.

Only ceramic or glass are any good. Wood, plastic, and metal are all NOT flavor inert, ceramic and glass are.

Plastic doesn't belong in the kitchen in any capacity. The only reason wood is acceptable for cutting boards is since glass damages knives.