Venison thread?

Who here sitting in a tree?

When the fuck is the rut going to kick in? FUCK!!! I guess I could shoot a doe for meat, but I really want a buck for the sake of sport as well. Damn they're delicious.
youtu.be/e0WIH0o3Z5w
youtu.be/I5HVjKgAnzc
youtu.be/I5dlDWiAgZk

How could you kill a defenseless cute little deer? I can't imagine what happened to you to make you so cruel.

An appetite?

We all have our peculiarities and eccentricities, user.

>defenseless
did you see the rack on that thing?

Forgot pic.

if you don't go in the woods and shoot a big dog that makes 3 year olds go awww... you cant have really shitty sausage.

Hunting buddy gave me some bretty good venison slim jims and kielbasa. Meanwhile I'm hoping I can snag another deer for some more venison chili

Rutting bucks taste like shit and are tough af. They're swollen and haven't been eating because they're sniffing pussy, fighting other bucks and mounting does all day and night. The rut's pretty much over here but I saw one 12 point buck a month ago that was so pumped on testerone it looked like a cow. I got a medium sized doe in early Nov. with my bow thank god because it's cold as shit here now and the last thing I want to do is go sit in my stand in 12F temp at 530AM.

just put more clothes on and you wont feel as cold

If you clean and dress it right you can't tell buck from doe. I don't mark any of my meat by which deer it is and you can't tell at all. Gotta leave them scent glands alone for sure.

It's all about layers, dude. Keep the cold away. I also like to give all of my deer meat, backstrap and roasts, a good brine before I cook it. It helps to remove the blood which gives it that "gamey" taste that some people don't enjoy. My brine is apple juice based with tons of salt (of course), fresh herbs, bay, and peppercorns. Give it a boil to mellow together and incorporate flavors, let cool, throw in the meat for a day or two.

that sounds like it would still taste like shitty deer meat.

I know taste is subjective, and I do like shooting guns, but deer tastes bad.

I know a lot of people feel the same way. For me the trick is to get the deer gutted and butchered quickly before the body has a chance to cool and let the brine get the blood out. I'll often give it a couple of brines just to make sure. Somethign else I do is to hit the meat with a bit of sweetness, whether apple or pommogranite syrup while grilling to act like a bbq sauce. That sweetness helps to cut through that wild taste.

You hunter/self sufficient/outdoors types could make a lot of money teaching soyboys your ways. I know I would pay money to learn to do manly outdoor shit. Never had a father figure etc.

I'd take you snipe hunting for free, user.

>gonna buttfuck you while you look in a bush

Some of us use the opportunity in he woods away from other people to fulfill our suppressed homosexual thoughts. No butt stuff, not really. But a lot of oral and handjobs.

Used to hunt with my dad when I was a kid and we would make venison jerky with whatever we killed. Oh and venison steaks, Christ is a fresh venison steak delicious.

way of the woods brother.

Nothing like a circle jerk around a fire. You leave a little doe piss around the garage for memories?

Is it deer jerky season already? Back in high school, every kid would bring a load of beef jerky with him when christmas break was over.

>camel toe

It used to be common courtesy to not tell the new comers that, asshole. How else am I gonna get mine?

The Boy Scouts were a bit rough early on. Until I got to have a go at the younger patrols in our troop of course.

lol

in eagle scouts the finger salute becomes a fist.