Do you listen to music while you read? If so, what?

Do you listen to music while you read? If so, what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ke7FZz0DHQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I always found this album to have to much going on for reading. It always captures my attention, does it not for you?

For me, pic related

The album you posted is a solid pick as well. Music for 18 Musicians is pretty active, but I have some issues with attentiveness due to racing thoughts, and its liveliness actually helps me stay focused. Its repetition helps prevent it from distracting me.

That's really interesting, what are your other favorites?

Watermusic, by William Basinski. This is more in the vein of Stars of the Lid. If you enjoy ambient music, I'd wager it's very likely you'd enjoy it.

usually I find it distracting.But I listened to gas - zauderberg while reading in the realm of hungry ghosts yesterday and it worked well.

I listen to what I am reading, user.

Thanks for the rec! I used to listen to Disintegration Loops quite a bit but never this, looking forward to it

Very cool. Do you have a last.fm?

nah, is it any good? i had Goodreads but it's recommendation algorithm was shit.

It used to be fashionable a couple of years ago, but I don't think people pay as much attention to it these days. The scripted recommendations are pretty good--but the real draw is finding someone who has similar tastes to you, and drawing from that organic source. All in all, I wouldn't recommend using it. It's a waste of time.

ah, cool. I'm very bad at social media, so finding people would probably be a waste. thanks for the info.

he's leaving out that it's a nifty tool just to measure and see what you have listened to over the years. it's pretty neat.

i'm sure most users consider the social media and radio aspects of last.fm secondary to the self-measurement. give it a try

I often listen to soundtracks from the same genre as the book, if applicable. Otherwise something that captures the mood or setting of the book.

This, you are never going to be able to fully appreciate the sound and rhythm of a text, if you're distracted by music, even on an unconscious level.

classical music works for me

To me it's impossible to listen to any music whilst reading.
If you do you are a retard.

Schubert or Liszt

Who /power metal/ here?

I have this on a loop
youtube.com/watch?v=ke7FZz0DHQU