Tea thread?

Tea thread?
What are you guys drinking? Anything new or interesting? I just got into tea recently. My girlfriend got me this flowering Jasmine tea for Christmas that tasted amazing. Any suggestions for types I should try?

Other urls found in this thread:

adagio.com
adagio.com/oolong/jade_oolong.html
twoatea.com/store/
amazon.com/Bubba-Classic-Foam-Insulated-Black/dp/B01DGMBBL0
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
teavivre.com/teapots/?selectoption=searchattrib&attribname=teaset&attribid=177
yunnansourcing.com/collections/teawares
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So I made “tea” of my cat’s hair and it tasted more mysterious than I imagined

Yeah it always tastes like more than just cat.

It’s a cultural thing around here and I probably wont drink it again

Excuse me?

It’s a tradition in Egypt to get the blessing or feline prowess of the cat

I usually blend Lapsang Souchong or Pu-er with cheap danedar as filler. Drink a pot to myself a day

I'm a Rooibos boy

Came home for the holidays 2 weeks ago and left my all of my 2 or so kilos of tea at uni, can't wait for that first sip of a Dancong when I get back

genmaicha is the most comforting thing in the world

it makes all my insides warm and fuzzy

Whatever you do, don't drink flavored bull shit.
Whole leaf much preferred.

tetleys

Try black and chamomille, take the former out after 3-5 minutes, so it's not overpowering. My favorite combo really.

Does this work with other animals too?

Yeah I bought some whole leaf and some bags. The bags are fucking garbage I'll stick with the good stuff.

Oolong, Ocha, Hojicha, or Mugicha. Don't like those fruity blends. Only red tea should ever be sweet.

Drinking a cup of yorkshire gold with milk, and I just ordered some sencha and irish breakfast tea the other day, very excited to try it.

I sometimes like to mix earl grey with a little lapsang souchong

I had some this morning but I think I scorched it. Doesn't help that I used splenda, which seems super bland and not sweet enough. What's the patrish way to brew some Yorkshire

Been drinking Mugicha for the last three days. There's only so much green tea I can drink, the tannines upset my stomach after around 3 litres.

Over steep it a bit, and use whole milk. I dont like sugar but use real sugar not splenda for gods sake.

Where my Puerh bois at.

Love flowering tea

what oolong teas would you guys recommend?

how do i get into tea-ing
what equipment do i need

A decent cup and a way to boil water.
Maybe a spoon.

what tea do i drank

Drinking some ripe right now, hbu

Even though the whites stole tea they make it much better.

Stop drinking cat hairs and watery piss people.

try and buy a sample pack with different types of popular loose leaf teas.

Am buying the kettle in the pic. Will replace coffee with tea due to allergies.

If you're not dragon pearl-ing you're not living.

I mostly drink black tea right now and my favorite is Darjeeling. I am interested in trying something new though, anyone got any recs?

Thoughts on Harney and Sons? Are any of them worth trying?

i got some coconut green and a sample pack for christmas. i was throughly dissappinted by it all except for the organic sencha, which has a decent aroma, and paris, which is fantastic with sugar and milk

Black tea with a taste of polkagris (peppermint) strawberries and mint.

Not a favorite.

no

no but i've drunk of the tea of my sister's and it was pretty good

I'm drinking their earl grey surpreme right now. It's not for people who think their current level of bergamot is enough. my friend actually gave me a pound his because there was too much bergamot and it gave him a headache.
i love bergamot though so it's a dream come true.

who /stroopwafel/ here?

Is it weird that I prefer black tea without milk or sugar?

that's how you're supposed to drink it unless you're a stupid brit that likes their strong cuppa

Where do you get your loose leaf? I fucking plundered my closing teavana shop, and got some good teaware, but I always buy my tea from

adagio.com

The oolong is so fucking good.
This is my favorite
adagio.com/oolong/jade_oolong.html

I treat my black tea as a treat.

>Strong black tea
>Good milk
>Touch of honey

It's so fucking good.

I'm looking to buy a decent sized cup/mug to have tea at my desk, but I keep finding 10-12 ounce cups, with anything bigger costing a fortune. Any recommendations?

twoatea.com/store/

It's a semi local tea house that I went to with family. Their forest berry tea was so good that I buy it from their site now whenever I run out. They're also very appreciative. With my first online order from them I ordered a large forest berry, and a small strawberry herbal tea. When it arrived I found that they upgraded my strawberry to a large for free, and included a hand written thank you note

Teavivre is an amazing generalist store. Yunnan Sourcing is the best for Chinese teas.

I tried cold-brewing some of my Alishan oolong and it turned out pretty fantastic actually. Highly recommend it in the summer.

amazon.com/Bubba-Classic-Foam-Insulated-Black/dp/B01DGMBBL0

There's also a 52 ounce version if you insist on the hugest possible drink.

Having some of Teavivre's bai mu dan right now. Very very pleased with their stuff, from what I've sampled.

I am drinking Yorkshire red and gold. I still can't decide which I like more

If you're into chai, try Davidson's classic chai. I buy bulk off Amazon.

I tried raspberry tea and it was pretty decent. Also not tea but lemonade w/ lavender in it is top tier

Ayyyy

Oh I love chai tea

I appreciate it, thanks user

Right now I'm in a tea-drinking country where any cafe/restaurant will offer an entire teapot of loose leaf green/black tea for about 30p. I'm kind of worried about going back to England because now teabags taste like shit to me and I don't even know where to get loose leaf tea in England.

we have a pastebin with vendors somewhere. what-cha operates from England and is very nice.

That sounds like something I would enjoy. Have you tried the Victorian London Fog?

be informed everyone
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ

Green Tea currently.

I love it. I am getting some loose leaf green tea for my birthday.

I drink about 4 teabags of green tea a day. Are there any negative side effects to going to 6 bags?

If people can smoke a pack a day or drink over 12 cokes a day, I think drinking that much tea will be fine man

I heard too much tea can damage your liver and affects iron absorption or something

You have to remember it all depends on your bodies metabolism. Which is the same concept as why some people can only drink 2 beers and they are wasted.

I usually put two bags of tea in a big cup and fill it with water, making it maybe 4 real cups of tea. Is the amount of tea you drink based on the volume of water or the amount of tea bags?

this is a tea thread. as in camellia sinensis. you can take your shitty rooiboos to the shitty rooibos general.

where's my jin jun mei
where's my spring picked (yeah right) roasted tie guan yin
where's my (most likely not) zisha teapot
I'm tired of drinking li shan, why did I even buy that without checking how it was first
li shan is the most prized quality of high mountain taiwanese oolong, I bought 100g some months ago together with some 50g gyokuro because I had really really liked the dong ding I had before, another high mountain oolong (but around ~800m instead of ~2600), had a very comfy, light smell and a smooth taste of chinese bread
so I thought to myself, li shan must be the same but better, and I was very wrong, it's almost like a smooth black tea, with citrus (mostly lemon) notes and some astringency, and I dislike almost all black tea with a passion
granted, I didn't get high quality li shan but it was still supposed to be at least average, relatively to that kind of sought after tea

so now I'm waiting on tea from china, yes jin jun mei is a black tea but it doesn't taste much like other black teas, and the stuff I'm waiting on is from a chinese brand that I've had very positive experience with so I'm confident enough it'll be good
but where is it ffs

i wish i knew where to get cheap golden needles.

or, if you want the cheapest thing you can get, some chink on ebay, I've almost only had good experiences with those

i got these two cus i’m a poorfag and they were really cheap on amazon. i enjoy them both quite a bit. there are so many types of tea though, can anyone recc me a tea if i like both of these? thank you

Have you guys tried davids tea?
How is it?

get a loose leaf tea sampler, tealife2015 or something on ebay has a good one
it's also the only one I tried tho so I can't compare, probably almost anything goes
those are black teas but who knows what else you might like

perfumed, desserty garbage

chill out you cunt, tisanebros are welcome here

Like most flavored teas, they're covering up a base of cheap low quality tea with lots of flavored filler. I really hate to sound like a snobby elitist, but good tea doesn't need extra flavoring in the first place. There's a world of different tea types and you can find a wide variety of different tastes, just like with types of wine.

Currently drinking this. Is pretty good. I've never tried any other pu-erh tea before this so I'm not sure if there are better types out there and/or if I'm drinking a low quality version or not.

Thoughts on milk in tea? What types of tea go best with milk and what types should milk not even go near? Or can milk go in any type of tea?

Does anyone know where I can get some good quality matcha for cheap? My sister got me this kind for my birthday. While I enjoy it, apparently there are some better quality types of matcha out there. I love drinking straight up matcha and also enjoy matcha lattes.

Also, I don't have the traditional tools like the whisk and sifter, so I've just been using an electric milk frother to whisk my matcha tea. Does getting the whisk and sifter really make a difference?

This
Davids Tea and Teavana are catering to people who like shit like Snapple and Southern Sweet Tea.

>I really hate to sound like a snobby elitist, but good tea doesn't need extra flavoring in the first place. There's a world of different tea types and you can find a wide variety of different tastes, just like with types of wine.

You can say that about anything. Good quality coffee doesn't need milk or sugar. A good quality burger won't need ketchup. And good quality wine should be drank as is.

And yet, there are people who exist who have to have coffee with 3 packs of sugar and tons of milk, people who slather a good quality burger or even a fine steak in ketchup, and people who put ice cubes in an glass of expensive red wine because "it's not cold".

Yes, I know taste is subjective, but it does say a lot about a person's personality who does these things. And these are the people David's Tea cater to.

>chocolate pu-erh
I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine aging chocolate with tea leaves for 10+ years would be tasty, unless the manufacturer used the speed aging process. The most 'extreme' aged tea I've tried had mint mixed with the leaves before aging.

How is honeybush? I've heard it's like rooibos (which I enjoy) but a bit sweeter.

Honestly I like any type of black tea with milk. It's going to sound like blasphemy but the best tea I've ever put milk into on a whim is yunnan gold, it ends up with extra rich chocolate notes afterwards

>tfw have heaps of tea and really like it
>almost never drink it because I tend to forget about it

I'm assuming they just put pieces of fresh chocolate in the teabags with the already aged tea.

Correct. It has a nuttier taste too. I'm not a fan of flavored teas, but flavored tisanes are great.

Here's the ingredients if you're interested

I've put milk in peppermint tea.

Where can I cop that pot at, OP? Can I make tea in it or is it just for show?

You could definitely make tea in it, but it has no filter. Not sure about the one OP posted, but here's where I get most of my teaware:

teavivre.com/teapots/?selectoption=searchattrib&attribname=teaset&attribid=177

yunnansourcing.com/collections/teawares

I like ketchup in my Darjeeling myself

So I went and bought the tea-pot from my first post. its not bad considering the 18 dollar price-tag. Am not as advanced as OP but the tea I brewed turned out very nice. Will take a while before the coffee withdrawals recede but its well worth it. The green tea tastes far superior to coffee and I absolutely love the effects it has on me. Also, very nice aroma from the green tea. Will experiment with different green teas and perhaps even a few herbal teas but for now, I am happy with the gigantic pack of vacuum sealed green tea from Sri Lanka that I purchased.

Doesn't chamomile have to sit for about an hour for full effect?

>good quality matcha for cheap?
because of nip autism for tradition and high quality stuff, good quality matcha isn't cheap
you may try and look for some on ebay, but the cheapest ones you'll find will come from china/chinese shops and you won't be sure if they're honest to kami-sama superior nip matcha
there's some links in the pastebin where you can find nip tea for relatively cheap, but it still won't be really cheap, I remember yuuki-cha looking particularly good
I imagine a milk frother would spin too fast, that probably isn't ideal, you can find fairly cheap matcha whisks on aliexpress

Personally I find a good cup of Dilmah Extra Strength makes my mornings bearable

is this a new thing? never seen extra strength Dilmah

would be great for my 525ml cup

Anyone know some other high caffeine teas?