For me it is the gin and tonic, the most refreshing cocktail

For me it is the gin and tonic, the most refreshing cocktail

Fuck yes. Crisp, refreshing and bursting with botanical flavors. Why, I just happen to be enjoying a gin and tonic at this very moment! Think I'll go make another. Cheers user.

DUDE

For me, it's tzjin-anthony-ks, which kills cows at a hundred paces

A favorite for sure
Saved

Rule Britannia.

My fine fellow.

More of a Collins guy myself, but a gin and tonic is also refreshing on a hot day

Favorite cocktail. Don't like it if they make it too sweet tho

>ice cube has the letters "S E X"

You are seeing things

I picked up a bottle of pic related recently, what am I in for?
I go for London Dry normally

One of the best gin I've ever had. Infused with frankensense and myrhh. Not for mixing tho. The subtle flavors are blocked out by the bitter tonic taste

Huh probably tastes like a Catholic funeral smells

Why would anyone drink tonic water if they aren't at risk for malaria? The only reason the gin and tonic exists is because there's quinine in tonic water, which prevents malaria, and British colonists mixed it with gin to make it tolerable. Just use soda water, faggot.

tonic water goes really well with alcohol. people still drink it for the bitter flavor

>Tonic water
>Bitter
Wtf it's carbonated sugar water with a bit of quinine. There's nothing bitter about it.

>quinine
>not bitter
It's literally medicine.
That's so ass fucking backwards. The gin is there to cover the taste of the bitterness, not the other way around.

>All medicine tastes bitter
Like how the fuck old are you?

Have you actually never tasted it? It is slightly bitter, but not unpleasantly so.
So I'm backwards then. The only reason I enjoy tonic water is for that bitter flavor.

The vast majority do, including every single amine, because of the nature of the Hydrogen bonds in them. Did you skip high school chemistry or something?

Yummy yummy. I'm all about that Catholic guilt

Everyone knows that. You're not special

>because of the nature of the Hydrogen bonds in them

Yeah, you sure did high school chem, something about those unique bond lengths amirite??

Anyone here had this? I like to support local companies but don't want to drop 40 someodd bucks on something with a chance it might be shite.

Tonic water you buy in stores has more sugar than a My Little Pony birthday cake. It's nothing like what old timey sailors were imbibing.

What's a good tonic water that doesnt have added sweetener? I've tried a few but my G&T always comes out too sweet. My favorite so far is fever tree but it still has added sugar

nothing beats a nice G&T

I usually buy either Gordons or Fords gin

Very fruity. Try with a slice of orange rather than lemon or lime.

Isn't it technically a grog?

I hate gin on its own but holy fuck I fuck with gin and tonics something fierce.

I drank a bottle of Bombay Sapphire last night with tonic water.
It's delicious but God damn evil. Goes down to easily.

Worst alcohol poisoning I've ever had was from gin. Haven't drank it in at least a decade.

Why even live?

i'm more of a gin and soda person

the tonic adds so much tho

>not drinking gin, soda water, and lime/lemon juice

For whatever reason I like the bitterness of gin, but can't stand tonic water.

>drinking soda

martinis are the superior gin drink.

>can't stand tonic water
I could drink tonic on its own 2bh, love it

tom collins master race reporting in

it sounds gay, but I almost prefer Hendricks and tonic with cucumber instead of lime

Who gimlet/gin sour here?

Game recognize game mah dude

If you're not drinking a vodka martini, you're doing it wrong.

>mfw don't like the bitter taste all alchohol has
>mfw 27

what should i order at bars and drink at parties with friends

A glass of milk

lager beer

Pussy colada

Cranberry juice, bitch.

>Not drinking pure ethanol + tonic
Cheap gin is shit anyway, you can make better stuff with frozen juniper berries

>nigger sapphire

>Islay Dry Gin
>Islay

I'm going to assume this means "Dry gin made on Islay."

If they were making quality gin on Islay, they'd label the bottle "London Dry Gin," because "London" doesn't mean "Made in London," it's a quality label.

EU labelling reqs:

>Gin
>This is a juniper-flavoured spirit made not via the redistillation of botanicals, but by simply adding approved natural flavouring substances to a neutral spirit of agricultural origin. The predominant flavour must be juniper.

>London gin
>London gin is obtained exclusively from ethanol of agricultural origin with a maximum methanol content of 5 grams per hectolitre of 100% ABV equivalent, whose flavour is introduced exclusively through the re-distillation in traditional stills of ethanol in the presence of all the natural plant materials used, the resultant distillate of which is at least 70% ABV. London gin may not contain added sweetening exceeding 0.1 grams of sugars per litre of the final product, nor colorants, nor any added ingredients other than water. The term London gin may be supplemented by the term "dry".

>If they were making quality gin on Islay
They are, that's the best gin. Perhaps they wish to advertise the region because, I don't know, it's already famous for something else. Sperg.

>>mfw don't like the bitter taste all alchohol has
>>mfw 27
>Background
>Phenylthiocarbamide (PTC) and 6-n-propylthiouracil (PROP), chemically related compounds, are probes for genetic variation in bitter taste, although PROP is safer with less sulfurous odor. Threshold for PROP distinguishes nontasters (increased threshold) from tasters (lower threshold); perceived intensity subdivides tasters into medium tasters (PROP is bitter) and supertasters (PROP is very bitter). Compared with supertasters, nontasters have fewer taste papillae on the anterior tongue (fungiform papillae) and experience less negative (e.g., bitterness) and more positive (eg, sweetness) sensations from alcohol. We determined whether the TAS2R38 gene at 7q36 predicted PROP bitterness, alcohol sensation and use.

[snip]

>Conclusions
>These results support taste genetic effects on alcohol intake. PROP bitterness serves as a marker of these effects.

You have the genes that find the taste of alcohol unpleasant. Tell your mates they can have a sip of your piss if they insist bitterness tastes good.

For me, it's ordinary water, served at slightly above room temperature.

>They didn't put the high-quality label on their bottle

>I bet they were allowed and decided not to, they definitely weren't scared to get reamed out with the Size Four Industrial Fraud Probe for lying about it

>I'm sure this well regarded, high rating gin is calling itself an islay dry gin not because they use local botanicals, or because of the preexisting marketability of islay; but because they wish to weasel out of EU regs despite "dry" also being a protected term according to the material I quoted

It says you may substitute London for Dry right in your quote you literal retard.

>water

Lately I've been drinking whiskey or bourbon with water. Am I wrong in doing this?

>It says you may substitute London for Dry right in your quote you literal retard.

SUPPLEMENT you blind retard.

You may write "London Gin" or SUPPLEMENT it with Dry for "London Dry Gin."

But it has, and always will have,

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Use the zest instead, the fruit juice alters the flavor of the gin too much

The opposite actually. A vodka martini is just diluted vermouth.

So water tastes bitter? that shit's full of hydrogen bonds

>being this retarded

>being this autistic

its supposed to be served w cucumber

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that right away

will back me up here, it's a perfectly good chinanto/mnigs.

my father who got me hooked on g/t's from a young age actually gave up on them because he didnt like the tonic water anymore. Didnt think that was possible. I love the stuff.

because it tastes good with the gin
the bitterness from the tonic and the gin's shit flavor balance each other very nicely
please advise me on which particular gin to use, I've never had me a collins because I didn't want to use a very wrong gin and ruin me the experience
grog is usually rum, water, lime juice (not a slice, just juice) and maybe sugar, that in OP's pic is a savage gin tonic aka a gin tonic with a slice of lime
>that's the best gin
that's a matter of taste and application
>am I wrong if I do this thing that I like
depending on the water amount you might not impress bourbon corksniffers, but I don't see why you should care, and moreover, a bourbon corksniffer is a laughable notion in itself so who cares, do and drink what you like
I do love me some vermouth diluted in vodka, yes

I've been drinking 47.3% tanqueray with elderflower gin tonic, slice of lemon, a bit of black pepper
shit's sooo good, you should try it

DID YOU KNOW THAT PEOPLE WHO DRINK GIN AND TONICS ARE PSYCHOPATHS HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

why the fuck would you post something like this

huh huh, beefeater.

I don't know if it has an official name, but I was introduced to something delicious years ago and haven't found it anywhere since. Any attempt to make it myself doesn't come out nearly as good.

>coconut rum
>whipped cream vodka
>pineapple chunks marinated in the booze for 24 hours at least

I'm sure there's more to it that I wasn't told...but it's refreshing.

Sounds vomit-inducing, should be served with a bucket and a mop.

Love pic related because it's mostly citrus and less juniper notes. Are there any higher quality gins that go this route?

Also what is the best brand of tonic water? I generally just use Seagram's but am curious about other brands as well.

>Also what is the best brand of tonic water? I generally just use Seagram's but am curious about other brands as well.
You can't go wrong with Fever Tree or Fentimans.

Not sure about high quality but Seagrams is comperable to New Amsterdam, both in citrus and cost

It costs about the same, but I think New Amsterdam tastes better than Seagrams. I personally prefer it to much more expensive stuff like Bombay Sapphire.

>wahhh I have the taste buds of a child and can't appreciate bitter flavors!

>stop disliking things I like
You have the brain of a child

Says the manchild who thinks he's superior because he learned about quinine today.