Explain this word and why it's important

Explain this word and why it's important

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oyzSrtr6oJE
youtube.com/watch?v=PotnyAxuO2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=oyzSrtr6oJE

Why don't you start? I won't because it's a shit thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=PotnyAxuO2Q

I'm just trying to see if it's a pseudo intellectual movement. I'm waiting to see if anyone can actually tell me what it is and what it is good for.

It means after modernism. It involves everything that is a rection to modernism.

>believes in distinction between intellectual and pseudo-intellectual
LUUUUL WHAT PSEUD

Everything I don't like.

>after modernism
Explain that

Wrong. There are things that I don't like that aren't postmodernism, but I don't like anything related to postmodernism.

It's not important; it's meaningless

It asks if there's really a reason big enough you should kill ten million people with neat weaponry in under 10 seconds, or print billions of campbells soup can labels, or pay two million dollars for a vacuum cleaner, just because you can. It's important because people keep on mechanizing the deaths of millions, printing soup labels with quasi "hand"writing on them, and buying expensive vacuum cleaners, when they'd be just as happy with a rock if you entrenched their media with rocks. You think I'm lying but the guy who invented pet rocks in 1975 sold 1.4 million of those at 4 dollars each and Koons' vacuums are valued at ~3.9million each. To be fair though, the guy who invented the pet rock was an ex advertising man not an ex stockbroker like Koons

So in other words post modernism is pretty much just a bunch of leftists

nah the first waves of it are trench warfare men. so basically the guys you larp as.

>SPOONFEED ME I'M PSEUD-CORE

>Explain this word
I can't, but pynchon, delillo, foucalt, gass, gaddis, dfw can.

>why it's important
because it is the style in which pynchon, delillo, foucalt, gass, gaddis wrote

Postmodernism is a way of making sense of our postmodern condition i.e. 'postmodernity' -- the material conditions enjoyed by liberal-capitalist societies following the second world war ('the cultural logic of late capitalism' in that it deals with the economy of physical and functional things). It's a term commonly used in reference to loosely related intellectuals writing about postmodernity, which in a very general sense is a demystification of the demystifying Enlightenment. Rather than metaphysical projects, ideals, etc., postmodernism attempts to focus on what 'is' in a localised, measurable sense (including social systems, language, and institutions) rather than how what 'is' in relation to an undisclosed, underlying reality. It has us reconsider what 'is' as legitimate in its own right rather than through metaphysical justification of past philosophy, because these metaphysical ideals are rarely (if at all) achievable.

>stockbrokers and ad men are leftists
how much are they paying you?

>what 'is'
That's all relative :^)

What?

Kevin McDonald wrote a chapter about this. It's important to understand that the Jews are bad and they made postmodernism.

F uck of f

>Explain this word and why it's important
It's continue of the all culture. It's necessary to accept this.

It seems like these were the. It's that didn't have to go to war and were stuck in universities. I don't know what is the difference between the post earlier between the modern leftist.

>make love not war
> capitalism is bad because marketing is deceptive and buy stupid shit!
> we need a system built on morals (by that I imply communism).

are you ESL? please repeat that in a language you're fluent in.

postmdodernism ist just a new from of relativism and sensitivity

Modernism: a spectrum of attitudes categorized by the rejection of the Enlightenment notion of truth and the glorification of wild individualistic growth.

Postmodernism: modernism for skeptics who saw the rest of the modernists as still being puppets to an Enlightenment notion of truth. Modernism with a greater emphasis on denial of others and witch hunting.

It's far more complex than this of course, but this is what it boils down to. So you can call the recent push to eradicate identifiable genders as postmodernist.

I'm typing from IPhone, so please excuse my mistakes.

What I meant to say was that it seems like postmodernists are not the macho/business types as you guys are assuming. I would think they would be the men who luckily escaped the draft and went to college. That would explain why postmodernism seemed to fly off the rails. And to why I think postmodernism is more leftist than anything, is that when comparing them to modern leftists, they have the same beliefs.

>make love not war
>capitalism is faulty because look at all the stupid stuff we buy and sell
>therefor we need a better system built on morals and community! Not materialism(by that they mean leftist forms of government)

I think there's a subtlety you're missing out on. Postmodernism isn't saying make love not war or capitalism should go. It actually says those things don't really matter. If you want war, they'll make war, and if you want peace they'll make peace, and if you want capitalism you will find yourself paying up front without inspecting the product and getting shot on other people's properties. It's much more about how you choose to see the world traps you.

So because of your worldview, you see them as lefties, and probably believe if you get rid of the lefties they'll stop existing: that's when postmodernism experience a rebirth Koons charging right wing yuppies as much as yuppies would pay for a vacuum cleaner. The movement doesn't want to be leftist any more than you do.

That's the thing. There is no reason why we should have Campbells soup cans that have "handwriting" on them besides we can and we don't mind that. You can have as many replicas of it as you want. If you think that cheapens the first can, it's only because you're going to have to pay real big bucks to own the Warhol version which is, within the capitalist system, worth more than all the soup you can eat in your life. If you've got a problem with that, go cry to some hippies, poorfag.

>Postmodernism isn't saying make love not war or capitalism should go. It actually says those things don't really matter. If you want war, they'll make war, and if you want peace they'll make peace, and if you want capitalism you will find yourself paying up front without inspecting the product and getting shot on other people's properties. It's much more about how you choose to see the world traps you.
ok so its nothing matter bro everything is a social construct?
>So because of your worldview, you see them as lefties, and probably believe if you get rid of the lefties they'll stop existing: that's when postmodernism experience a rebirth Koons charging right wing yuppies as much as yuppies would pay for a vacuum cleaner. The movement doesn't want to be leftist any more than you do.
Not even an arrgument

>That's the thing. There is no reason why we should have Campbells soup cans that have "handwriting" on them besides we can and we don't mind that. You can have as many replicas of it as you want. If you think that cheapens the first can, it's only because you're going to have to pay real big bucks to own the Warhol version which is, within the capitalist system, worth more than all the soup you can eat in your life. If you've got a problem with that, go cry to some hippies, poorfag.
So everything doesn't matter. Its just a social construct bro. Sounds like the mordern leftist to me.
>have no sense of the role of marketing and capitalism(Campbell soup)
check
>have no optimism. nothing matters bro
check
>call everyone sheeple because they don't identify with your social construct theories.
check

btw fuck you mods for banning me earlier. Suck a dick and ban me again.

>ok so its nothing matter bro everything is a social construct?
no, it matters a lot. if social constructs didn't matter, you'd be able to walk up to ISIS and have a nice conversation over tea about decoupage. as it is, they'll probably behead you.
>Not even an arrgument
It's not trying to be an argument. It's trying to be an agreement.
>So everything doesn't matter. Its just a social construct bro. Sounds like the mordern leftist to me.
Just because you want there to be reasons doesn't mean there are reasons. It still costs more to buy the Warhol. The reason is because it costs more because it's worth more dollars, because the pricetag on the Warhol is more than the soup can. Why do you have a problem with math? The price of soup is a social contract but you're a retarded leftist who's gonna get shot by security if you think that social contract is negotiable at the sale point; the same thing goes for the Warhol. If you don't like that reality, go smoke pot with your hippy leftist friends.

Postmodernism is linked to neoliberals which is pretty right wing economically

Postmodernism is the belief that everything matters, not that nothing matters. It's the product of an over-designed, city-based PR culture. People say 'the art of' something when they've put a minimum amount of thought into its appearance and function.