I'm absolute truth. I'm God. Worship me

There is no errors to my ways.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oyzSrtr6oJE
medium.com/practicecomesfirst/dr-jordan-b-petersons-10-step-guide-to-clearer-thinking-through-essay-writing-1ab79a94937
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you guys still upset he proves valid points you can't rebuttal? I know you're used to being fed everything but you're allowed to form your own opinion, you know?

I took the b8

The sad thing is that this might actually have been posted by Jordan Peterson.

My own birth.
absolute birth.

>being so assblasted that you have to start a thread this ridiculous just to deal with your resentment

>le intellectual scorn

You guys are the equivalent to little kids not wanting to accept that their dad is right

To be fair, most of his work (MoM) is just autistically trying to prove "post-podernists" wrong.
To prove his hypotheses of there being SOME redeeming qualities about myth and Christian texts in particular, he applies the old psychologists rule of using, like, four other sources to validate it.
Meaning for every point he makes, there were already four other more scientific sources which said the same thing. Meaning there is no added value to what he is doing, apart from making it sound more grandios.
All he proves is that the human condition has an influence on human myths sometimes. (Shocking, I know.)

He's a good clinical psychologist, but outside of that, pretty meh.

youtube.com/watch?v=oyzSrtr6oJE

>so you know in pinocchio...

Thoughts on his talk with stephen hicks on postmodernism? youtube.com/watch?v=oyzSrtr6oJE

I want to FUCK my father.

>not wanting to fuck your mother
go back to /plebbit/

HEIL PETERSON
HEIL OUR PEOPLE
HEIL ORDER

He's just a Jungian parrot desu, nothing wrong with that tho, still much better than almost all youtubers.

I have been watching his Bible series and I am in part 3 now. He has already discussed Harry Potter three times in these lectures telling the audience he is astounded at the knowledge contained in HP. He also talked about Disney movies i.e. Pinocchio and Frozen.
To be honest the guy makes some valid points but he continiously walks away from the subject matter to talk eithet about his personal philosophy (he does this a lot) or taking "wise" lessons out of modern movies and pop culture. He actually believes the Lion King is a great movie. And that is completely fine but STFU about it while discussing literature.
The questions afterwards were even worse with fans calling him a "citizen of Kek" and discussing SJW's and modern day feminism with him which he gladly does. I am considering dropping the series because of all this.

pomo defenders? Explain where peterson or hicks are wrong here please.

this, it's been said here before but he will never develop his own thinking too greatly because he was successful too early

You have to keep in mind he's targeting a specific audience, using what they're guaranteed to be familiar with to relate concepts to them. It gets much better after he actually starts to get into the text though, same with the questions.

>ctrl f kevin, ctrl f culture
>mfw

What the FUCK are you all doing? The truth will not be silenced.

waiting for him to get pushed off the intellectual cliff and start the paranoiacs nosedive and eventually seclude himself to his office living out the rest of his live on skype and youtube videos.

oh wait...

I think that peterson tends to just bring a lot of other points together and more or less parrot them, granted he can do so in a quite succinct and anecdotal way, but if you're interested in what he is saying there are better sources. He's not shy about letting readers know about his roots. I read MoM and really liked it, but was ultimately left feeling like the book was a lot of anecdote and repeating things. If you really like peterson's work then I suggest reading what he pulled his ideas from.

Gulag Archipelago [unabridged] (you can find the original English printings from the 70s for around 30$ a book on amazon or whatever)

Carl Jung, Nietzsche, Dostoevsky

Personally, he comes across as a philosophically well-read clinical psychologist who is amazing at funneling more complex topics down into simpler ideas. If you actually care about what he is saying I cannot stress the importance of reading his influences, otherwise you're just some tart that managed to read "1001 interesting facts about space" and now think you're qualified to be an astronaut.

Why are petermemes lectures so long. He just keeps repeating himself.

He made wrong statements on the holocaust. He believes in the 6 million. Poor guy.

It seems to me Peterson is doing something right when he triggers this leftist garbage board so well.

Every day another butthurt Veeky Forumsizen like OP makes this thread.

He literally triggers both the left and the right.

Which is how you know you're doing something right.

this pretty much

Most people can't seem to understand what he's doing, they keep trying to project their own idealism onto it. He is not making a case for the validity of religion, or vice versa.
He primary point of study has been the affect of ideology on civilizations through history with a strong emphasis on 20th century struggles. The fact that he uses other resources is respectable not contemptible, as it helps people truly understand them and see their genius.

And aside from the fact that he has his own work; his primary goal is not developing philosophy but bringing it to light. Namely, warning people of the dangers of extreme pathology and the value of traditional aspects of morality that have been lost.

I don't believe he's ever acted in this way. He always specifies if he is unsure of something and encourages people to see things for themselves.

because he has little to say

I listened to a podcast where he was invited to critically discuss specifically the contents of his book and his scientific/philosophical theories. Specifically about religion.

He just couldn't fucking stop bitching about "dem darn post-modernists" for literally no fucking reason. The interviewer would bring up some good points as to the validity or merit of stuff and he'd give a super short half-answer and then it would be "You see, that is what the post-modernists don't get!..."

It's starting to become an obsession. And I honestly believe it's clouding his work.

Broadcasting your contempt for pop culture is litrally THE fastest way of revealing yourself as a pseud.
You don't understand the subject matter so how can you know when he's walking away from it?
Peterson's whole thing is Jungian archetypes emerging from an evolutionary framework and therefore universally embedded in the human condition. Identifying this in pop culture is to display their ubiquity and therefore to reinforce his argument. There's no reason to not bring up pop culture other than it conflicts with your idea of pretentious hipster status signalling.
The Lion King is a great movie btw.

Who does Peterson trigger on the right?

You're the pedophile trying to force random children to accept you as their new daddy and imposing your strange pedophile rules upon your victims.

It's more like he theoretically triggers the far-right because he doesn't like Nazism.
But of course no one gets triggered quite like the left gets triggered.

Check out the introduction for his essay writing tips.

medium.com/practicecomesfirst/dr-jordan-b-petersons-10-step-guide-to-clearer-thinking-through-essay-writing-1ab79a94937

I initially came across peterson listening to his 2015 maps of meaning/personality lectures. He explained ideas that I was aware of in a way that made them utterly clear in my mind.
He started getting very popular. Then I got tired of him. He started bashing the left too much and setting up this enemy of postmodernism to tear down in all of his talks. It got boring, annoying, and repetitive. I think he's fallen into the trap he was hoping to avoid sadly.

I would watch the biblical lecture series, but it'd probably be a waste of time.

>theoretically triggers

>theoretically triggers

Captcha: STOP LIVE

Hey there little buddy.
Did you want to make a post?

daddy fucked me and I loved it

Most people on what you call the "far right" don't like "nazism."

Anyway, that's the answer I was expecting. But I was also asking because I finally decided to give Peterson a go yesterday by listening to him on Rogan's podcast, and I felt 95% of what he said (at least in the first 2 hours) was not only correct but aligns with what many on the alt right have been talking about for some time. I think it's incredible that these ideas, which I shared long before yesterday, are getting this much traction. And though I respect someone like Peterson as a stepping stone and don't expect anything more from him, Peterson fans should understand that the only difference between his analysis of postmodernism, Marxism, etc., and that of many on the alt right, is jewish involvement in those things. What Peterson is saying is completely true, but jews are the ones who have promoted and developed many of those ideas and use them to atomize people, create a permanent leftward revolutionary environment, and force others to conform to these various utopian belief systems. If you agree with Peterson, as I do, you only have one more step to take to full enlightenment on how all these things fit into the bigger picture. Really great that there are stepping stones like him out there now too, regret not giving him a listen earlier. He's very good at simplifying the topics, which can be quite complex.

I'm actually (far) left and I like Peterson too for that reason. I can respect that postmodernism is degenerate because we live in a degenerate age, not because it is the work of a vast conspiracy. But I do also believe some conspiracies. Actually had a schizophrenic experience in 2012 in anticipation of Timewave Zero.

Fuck off shill.

The only people telling you it's a "conspiracy" are jews though. Do Europeans conspire to create ideological systems that focus on individual liberty and freedom? No, they just do it naturally. Just as jews naturally invert and subvert those ideas as their power increases. There are logical explanations for these things.

I don't know why he would. He doesn't say anything harsh and most of it can be found embedded in old Disney movies which everyone has seen and most people enjoyed anyway.

Just read up on timewave zero. Would you mind sharing your experiences?

That was not a logical explanation. I believe in more occult sorta conspiracies... I think the problem is a sort of mother babalon lunar maha-kali ur religion pushing back on solar phallicism as opposed to something purely Judaic.

>I think the problem is a sort of mother babalon lunar maha-kali ur religion pushing back on solar phallicism as opposed to something purely Judaic.
Care to give me a quick rundown?

>be me
>be small-time psychedelic seller
>enjoy the good talks of my fellow psychedelic gurus
>no car
>end up watching a lot of movies while tripping
>get into weird and avant-garde cinema
>practice chaotically inclined ceremonial magic on the side
>try to channel my inner genius, or daimon, or guardian angel (whatever tf u wanna call it)
>suddenly surfing the synchronicity super highway
>no longer understand English but pure symbolism
>communicate in code
>decode everyone else
>go insane thru private gnosis
>drop out of school and become homeless
>manic street preacher style
>start getting more and more crazy with my explanations for hobo magic
>decide to perform ultimate act of hobo magic
>immanentize the eschaton
>thru sex
>and drugs
>and magic
>embark on quest for perfect orgasm
>getting on most everyone's nerves by now
>disappeared into neverwhere
>my mom and dad find out and file a missing persons report
>i can do magic thru consuming substances
>synthesizing lsd in my stomach
>loaded out my mind
>"OMG! Hi mom! I missed you too. I am on a very important mission. I can't wait to tell you how much I've learned about the hidden order of things... but I'm sure you already know..."
>psych ward
>pills
>more pills
>fucked up conversations
>worst part of the experience
>felt like jail
>pretended to be submissive to get out quicker

I suggest Kenneth Grant's The Magickal Revival. It is kinda pro-degeneracy (Crowley, etc.) tho. Evola also has some articles about this too. It's been a long time tho... Perhaps metaphysics of sex and occult warfare would be the best examples?

>rundown
Basically, we had some sort of matriarchal polyamorous bisexual religion before civilization that was forced underground by the revelation of the monogamous patriarchal lineal logos. Now there is a resurgence of these ancient ideas (do not think that new age is new).

That sounds unlikely, though oddly similar to what jews are pushing in western societies now. Maybe they've been forcing these kinds of inverted, civilization-weakening ideologies on people for millennia and you are tapping into an ancient recollection of that.

Ya. Evola has a whole notion of counter-tradition that seems really interesting. Counter-initiation. Honestly, it seems more like a reptilian force taking over people who are greedy (particularly Jews but not exclusively). Greenpill > redpill

So David Icke has been right all along? The volcano demon? I can't go that far and find the ethnic strategy argument more compelling and palatable for normie conversion purposes, but anyone who has gone deep into the JQ knows that there are some unexplainable phenomena that seem very strange.

>there is

Btw, I'm familiar with a lot of Evola but can you tell me where he wrote about this notion of counter-tradition? Is that in one of his shorter essays or the books?

One day Veeky Forums will stop replying to the daily off-topic peterson threads.

>it's that time of day when all the schizophrenics get out of bed and jump on Veeky Forums to ruin every thread with their monomaniacal delusions

Damn dude. I had a psychotic break last summer and I can relate to a lot of the stuff in your post.

>Publish my semi-autobiographical novella on my facebook account
>Ends with the main character frantically calling himself the next adolph hitler and speculating that he'll spend his life in the psych ward
>Two weeks later in the library reading The Stranger
>Start laughing out load maniacally at how absurd life is
>Everyone staring at me
>Feel intense sexual attraction to everyone around me
>Feel an invisible force pulling us together like we're about to break out into an orgy
>Return home
>Have a discussion with my brother about race (This was when Colin Kapernick was in the news)
>Suddenly get the feeling that my brother will murder me in my sleep
>Go off driving around the State (Iowa)
>Terrified of all other vehicles and people
>Stop in a random lake town
>Overhear people talking about Trump (Build the wall)
>See a group of white people who seemed to be afraid of a group of minorities standing around
>Start having the image of Charlie Manson's laughing face in the center of my field of vision
>Convinced that my hometown is rioting and about to be destroyed
>Hurry home
>Parents had filed a missing person report and mom is on the phone asking about how to get someone involuntarily commited
>Panic, yell I WONT LET YOU SEND ME AWAY
>Hop on my bike and ride to the nature center, avoiding my mother who was following me in a car
>Survive by drinking water out of the river
>A jogger passes me by
>Hear what I think are gunshots
>Believe the race war has started
>another jogger goes by, warn him of the murder that has just taken place (he calls the cops)
>Walk back into the city, interpret the cars driving in groups as the fascist mobilization of society
>Determine to stop the race war by immitating saint francis of asisi
>Cop notices me walking and orders me to stop
>give him a look as if to say "fuck off"
>tackles me and puts me in handcuffs (felt sexual to me)
>Sheriff comes and is nice and asks me if I'll go with him
>Agree
>Believe I've inadvertently been chosen as the leader of the whites due to my claim in the book
>Think they're taking me to a secret command bunker
>Get there and feel like I'm hitler in the bunker, enemies closing in, everyone about to commit suicide
>Overhear cops standing outside my room laughing "I thought we were going to have to send in a swat team to get him out of there"
>Convinced Obama has a swat team on the way to extract me from the doomed city
>Walking around psych ward
>Nurse warns me that im approaching the pediatric side and to walk away
>Stand frozen, just thinking "Suffer not the little children to come unto me"
>warns me again, dont move
>Physically removed and put into restraints
>Realize I'm in a psych ward
>Watch TV for weeks
>Every show is about me or coded messages about the race war
>Hear weather reporter say "A wave of lesbianism is spreading across the midwest"
Cont. Stuff in common to come

Does that time coincide with prime JIDF hours and when the uncurious and intellectually stunted jump in to shut conversations down?

>valid point
>valid
Points can be good or bad, penetrating or superficial, dots on graphs and tips of swords. But they cannot be valid. Only arguments are valid.

>Get out of the psych ward
>Watch nasa jim videos with friends
>Seriously freaked out about aliens
>Drive around again
>See glowing red lights in descending lines as I'm out driving
>The prospect of a Warhammer 40k like future really freaks me out
>See busses filled with children
>Horrified that the same state that moves them around to educate them would send them to war
>Remember Veeky Forums meme about Julius Caesar's Notes on the Gaellic Wars being all about corn
>In Iowa, Corn Everywhere
>war's coming
>return home again, symbology everywhere
>the book the Godfather is propping up a table, evidence that the town is controlled by a criminal underworld
>My facebook posts are changing the world around me through manifestations of the collective conscious, china brain thought experiment
>Promise to bring the 90's back
>Crystal pepsi back for a limited time
>Go deeper and deeper into synchronicity
>Do magic with hand signals
>Become completely catatonic and non responsive
>Think I'm suffering from Jerusalem syndrome
>End times are here
>My hometown was the new Jerusalem
>AI taking over, Singularity happening
>Horrified that humans were attempting to immanatize the eschaton
>Parents drive me to the hospital
>Keep warning them not to demanatize the eschaton (achieve it without divine "magic"
>another month of tv watching
>Recover, read Capitalism and Schizophrenia in the hospital
>Mfw I just caused the social machines to short circuit by amplifying the flow of desire
>Recover

what a wild wride, broseph.

I'm pretty sure he's not trying to create new meaning but to harvest and present meaning. Hence his reliance on even ancient texts. He's making archaic knowledge practical.

Idk. It might also be Guenon or Schuon. Ideally you should read all the traditionalists. It seems there is a book on counter-initiation by an author I have not read that looks interesting...

Once again I imagine
>metaphysics of sex and the occult war