Thank you based Youtube for killing off these cancerous foodie channels

Thank you based Youtube for killing off these cancerous foodie channels.

youtube.com/watch?v=3gucQU8GLQE

Not watching that. Why are they killing off foodie channels?

No idea actually.

Jesus that guy's green screen bullshit gives you a seizure every 5 seconds

That backdrop is fucking cancer. Not watching this nonsense.

Actually, if you watched that, it would answer your question.

they're not. op is just trying to use reverse psychology to promote his youtube channel.

toutube demonitising their videos
it’s really hilarious watching daym complain about not making money off stuffing burgers into his face in his car anymore

>people legitimately thought they could just make youtube videos for a living, and this was a long term plan.

Hey look on the bright side, you've developed a good reputation with the local fast food restaurants, so you can probably get a job there now XD

kind of an interesting business model
>pay people to provide content
>now that you have a sufficient population who go to the site regardless you don't need to pay for content anymore

500 hundred hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute. Think about that. It’s simple economics. Advertisers don’t have an unlimited marketing budget, but the supply of video is infinite. If YouTube monetized every video equally it would devalue the ad space to the point that YouTube wouldn’t make anything selling it, so they artificially restrict the supply of videos advertisers can buy. The gold rush is over.

>content
>“Reviewing” fast food
Demonetizing these people is a good thing. I do feel bad for review brah though, they should reconsider.

>Demonetizing these people is a good thing. I do feel bad for review brah though, they should reconsider.

No they shouldn't.

Whipping out a gopro and telling your personal opinion on the latest trashburger from burger king is a hobby, not a career.

>the part where his daughter interrupts the video to tell him the story about how she died in minecraft

I agree but I think that ReportIfTheWeek is an exception. He’s elevated fast food reviews to a type of ongoing surreal performance art. I’d argue he’s much different than the typical slob guzzling fast food and barking into a camera.

I want reviewbrah videos for decades to come.

Kek

What about Steve's MREs? Did he ever monetize those vids?

Recent research has also shown that online advertising is a lot less effective than it was thought to be.

Fucking told you that youtube money would dry up

Interesting but not at all surprising.

>skipable ad
>can’t even tell who the advertiser is/what the product by the time it’s skipped

>unskippable ad
>open anew tab or just look away from the screen for a minute

>What about Steve's MREs? Did he ever monetize those vids?

They pay him in rotten food and stale crackers, he's pretty happy with the deal.

Nice

not particularly different from any other kind of advertising though

Meanwhile folks on Twitch are raking it in.

>oh wait you don't play video games for a living

you chose the wrong path, daym

>Twitch
>video games
Didn't it get taken over by cam girls?

>boomers actually needed research to realize this

>17 minutes of a nigga talking
Who the fuck got time for this kind of shit in their lives. I mean I waste a lot of time don't get me wrong but how am I going to waste 17 minutes just listening to one dude rant. Pack the gist of that shit into 3 minutes. Fuck, I've acquired practical/technical skills in videos that are like 2 minutes long.

jewtube was a mistake...

>Surely this will never dry up either!

Good on people making money but fuck if I'll ever understand why kids enjoy watching other people play video games. Is it just a friend simulator? It's so odd to me, like watching people watch TV or something

There was a purge.

It's a different business model, primary source of revenue are direct donation through viewers instead of depending on ad revenue.

Yeah but the question is why would you watch somebody else play a video game when you could be playing it yourself instead.

I do both at the same time.

I'm As I said I don't understand it at all but it's clearly been proven lucrative if you do itcorrectly .

>There are actually people willing to pay money to watch people play video games
Incredible

You know you don't have to pay to watch right?

Yeah I know that. But still.

>There are actually people willing to pay money to watch people play video games
Incredible

It's no different supporting Daym Drops on patreon

>There are actually people willing to pay money to watch a large black man eat fast food in his car
Incredible.

>Good on people making money but fuck if I'll ever understand why kids enjoy watching other people play video games
I do it sometimes but I agree it's not that entertaining. Really what makes it or breaks it is the streamer, if they're funny/amusing, not so much the game they're playing. But rarely do I just sit there and stare at it. I might play it in the background as I fold clothes or eat lunch.

But I've noticed kids (born after 2000 or so [actually there's probably a lot of them on Veeky Forums now]) watch the most pointless shit on the internet in general. Videos with absolutely no substance and minimal entertainment value. They can sit there and just watch the shit for hours like it's TV.

Damn Daym, Where is our CraveCon this year?

I'll be there, T-Rex arms and all.

>falling for clickbait
If there was any actual content in the video you could give us a tl;dr, stop trying to make money off of Veeky Forums.

Why does he even need youtube?

That nigga has a show on Travel Channel.

Just what the FUCK is wrong with Americans? Look at that picture, jeez

> * eats some mcdonalds *
> bbbbbbut I'm a content creator
> * reviews a video of another person eatting McDonalds *
> seee, original content

thanks for the pic. Boy was that good times. all 50 or so that turned up. FFS was that hilarious.

Looks like Daym is going to have to get a real job.

So long as Emmy is safe and only the lazy, fat, obnoxious cunts (and the kid in the suit) who solely review fast food from their car are affected then I couldn't care less.

why is he crying there?

He just realized he is a spic.

to say it's "foodie" is just clickbait, it's the same problem with demonetization everyone on Youtube is dealing with
there are documented instances of Youtube demonetizing videos literally before they're completely uploaded

walked in to that one i guess

Steve only gets Patreon money iirc, so he's basically not affected

>tfw you missed the youtube bandwagon
>tfw you missed the cryptocurrency bandwagon
>tfw you're still a fat, poor, autistic NEET
Is there even any chance left for me?
It was a clickbait video to profit off the death of another YouTuber. He was absolutely fucking torn apart for monetizing the video.

It's not too late to get into crypto.

The minute I finally give in and buy is the moment everything tanks and never recovers. That's how this works.

It's never too late to get a job, maybe a part time gig where you could still have time to wallow in your own filth in between the shifts.

OH NO NO NO

I know that feel. The longer I stay out, the more everyone else gets rich. The sad thing is that they dont appreciate my efforts.

Non paid reviews are not advertiser friendly

Companies don't want negative reviews of the hot garbage they're trying to sell

YouTube is pushing towards all product reviews of any kind being demonitized unless the companies behind them sponsor it.

This is happening in all different kinds of hobbies, not just food.

YouTube has completely shut down anything gun related too

Your not Elon Mosk

>middle of his beard is gray
>sides are black

wtf lol

>friend simulator
Absolutely this. People get so upset and personally effected when you criticize one of these fucks.

If you can stomach it spend a few minutes browsing the reddit pages of any of these e-celebs, it's a fucking cesspit. I want normies to leave.

YOUTUBE IS NOT A JOB!!!

I like watching some speedruns, TAS, and things like that once in a while. Stuff I wouldn't normally be doing because they're actually doing something interesting. I couldn't ever get into watching someone play dozens/hundreds of game and scream for 10 minutes at a time.

Seriously. I've been waiting for the online ad bubble to burst. Maybe it's finally happening

Thank fucking christ BASED YOUTUBE PRAISE YOU

Yeah it was bound to happen eventually. A lot of people just started pumping out videos that had like 1 minute of content that they would artificially extend into a 10+ minute video because it got them more ad revenue. I wonder if a lot of people stopped watching stuff on YT like I did because of how often that happened. I'd start watching a video and realize it was one of those videos made just for ad revenue and close it. Obviously people are still watching them but it might be really young kids who don't know any better and don't actually buy anything.

>that cheesy child interaction

Nah Daym maybe your videos are just shit tbqh

>Good on people making money but fuck if I'll ever understand why kids enjoy watching other people play video games
Can't speak for everybody but here are my reasons.
>These people are very good at what they do.
I don't watch streamers who are lower than the top 1% of any game. If you cannot play the game at a professional level I do not watch you. I like seeing cool shit that they do and sometimes I even learn something so that if I play I can get better. I don't have the drive, talent or motivation to git gud. Watching tournaments is also acceptable.
>they are entertaining
The streamers I watch have chill laid back personalities and I don't think they are boring. I don't watch yellers or people who try and start drama. The whole e-celeb/IRL stream stuff is stupid. Even if they play the same game over and over again they still find ways to keep shit interesting.
>its low commitment and low stress
I can watch and leave anytime I want. it also serves as good background noise if i need it. I also know what i'm going to get when I watch a particular streamer so there is some comfort there. I don't want to gather people to play with if its a multiplayer game.
>chat
mindlessly spamming is an acquired taste but once you acquire it its fun.

I don't see the difference between watching people play video games and watching people play actual sports.

except we're here posting on Veeky Forums which is full of advertising threads that you have to filter out yourself if you don't want to see them

>they're not. op is just trying to use reverse psychology to promote his youtube channel.

Don't be fooled. It was what this user had posted.

>I don't see the difference between watching people play video games and watching people play actual sports.
Neither do I. They are both for lackwits.

On a certain board this would be considered anti freeze peach

You know that ads for videos that target children make the most money?

>YouTube has completely shut down anything gun related too
anything to shut down Nut-n-Fancy's bullshit is fine with me

I forgot that youtube is supposed to have ads.

NICE
I
C
E

Yeah I shouldn't have said that, obviously kids usually get spending money for games, movies, fast food, and things like that. But there are ads for cars, trucks, beer, and other things that kids don't buy and if you get one of those ads on a video that mostly 13 year olds are going to watch then you've wasted your money for that ad.

does this mean jack’s channel will die too?

No because he uses his video as an advertisement for his sauces. Also I think he actually enjoys making his shitty videos and would continue to do so for free.

>tfw thought I had the corndog webbum but I don't

gosh darnit.

>>tfw you missed the cryptocurrency bandwagon
People have been saying this for the past five years. It is not too late to get in.

Jack is eternal as long as he supplies us with The Best Barbecue Sauce We'll Ever Taste™

what is she eating

A corndog, can't you read user?

You can't really blame them though. The data center capacity that YouTube consumes equates to an enormous amount of money so they have to be very careful to not spurn those that pay them

>YouTube is pushing towards all product reviews of any kind being demonitized unless the companies behind them sponsor it.
i actually think this is the right thing to do

>YouTube has completely shut down anything gun related too
so no more videogames?

Waiting for shoenice and Joey to be knocked off.

>Thank you based Youtube

Stopped reading. Fuck off.

Nobody even remembers shoenice.
Has there been any other youtuber who lost all his fame/views like he did?

>Is it just a friend simulator?
I watch a lot of videogame/speedrun stuff and yeah that's pretty much what it is for me.

What happened to that guy, had some friends show me his channel a year or two ago and just forgot about it.

you must be a special kind of fool if you think based daym lurks this shithole

>and just forgot about it.
I think everybody else did too. There's no shortage of people willing to eat weird shit now and shoenice is also kind of a terrible person.

Hes a professional, good at what he does. Just because you hate your job doesnt mean everyone should.

Okay dum drops.

It would have been a lot quicker to say "I enjoy friend simulators".

>I don't see the difference between watching people play video games and watching people play actual sports

An insight into the soy mind.

Did any of them get comped with an extra hour in the ball pit?

>500 hundred hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute. Think about that. It’s simple economics. Advertisers don’t have an unlimited marketing budget, but the supply of video is infinite.

Your argument is lost in the logic. What kind of contract would ever have advertisers spending an "unlimited marketing budget" in the first place? Companies figure out how much they need to spend to earn a customer, and then they budget an amount and spent it.

Of course different videos will be more or less effective than others, but that can all just be worked into the algorithm

meant for

What corndog webm?

>I actually think seeing only positive reviews for things gives me an accurate picture of the product

Do you watch any sports? Have you ever watched sports? Basketball, baseball, football, racing, surfing, skating, skiing, rugby, soccer, or cricket? Do you know anyone who is a fan of a sport or a team?

Your question is stupid. It's the same thing as a person watching football or whatever; you are watching someone else play a game... But why do that?!? Why not play the game?!?

Because it's hard to get 10 people together to play a pickup game of baseball you literal autistic faggot.