Who needs sundays its just 17% of every week

and god was pleased.

Other urls found in this thread:

timeanddate.com/calendar/days/monday.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Actual Sabbath is Saturday.

Church is important, user

ive heard that sunday is actually the first day of the week. not sure many people know that.

>not sure many people know that.
Literally everybody knows this, have you never seen a calendar?
"Monday" is usually considered the first day of the week because normal people work monday through friday, so mondays signify the start of a "new" work week

Sunday is one of my few guaranteed it days off at work (the store is still open, but I don't come in)
It pisses me off that I can't get Chick fil a when most every business is open on Sunday, even if hours are limited

i bet if you asked people most would say sunday is the last day of the week. church etc.

>Literally everybody knows this
He probably mentioned it because acting like Sunday is the Sabbath implies you think the last day when God rested was a Sunday when that's really the first day.

it used to be important, when it was the weekly roman civic temple gathering, before it was so horribly mutated by the christians

>it pisses me off that i can't buy garbage from a fast food chain on my day off

>You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify. The Catholic Church correctly teaches that our Lord and His Apostles inculcated certain important duties of religion which are not recorded by the inspired writers…We must, therefore, conclude that the Scriptures alone cannot be a sufficient guide and rule of faith ( The Faith of Our Fathers, 1917, p. 89).
Stop worshiping the Pope and start worshiping God.

you have NO FUCKING RIGHT to chicken on sunday.

Acts 20:7

Now fuck off, false teacher

>mentioning a day sanctifies it.
Doesn't even say Sunday, or Saturday, in any of the translations I have. Just "first day of the week".

So by that reasoning, Saturday should be the sabbath.

Listen spermburglar, is Saturday the first fucken day of the week now?

Typical protestant. Why don't you go fuck an adult and leave us Catholics to live life as God intended?

Chik-Fil-A is already a busy as fuck restaurant, Sunday mornings would be absolute hell for the staff. You gotta think about the suicidal christmas cake manager crying tears into your box of nuggets.

But God doesn't real, so it doesn't really matter

The slab cramery next door prob put them out of business

Is this america? I only see two fat people

Any verse referencing 'firstfruits' or seeking God first can mean that. Or are you just so (((legalistic))) that you think people are sinning by having a different day off?

Looks like Mexico. Or Texas, same thing honestly.

What was it before?

>legalistic
It's not some minor detail, there were only 10 really important commandments you had to keep track of and you somehow managed to fuck it up.
Exodus 20:8-11
>“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
>Six days you shall labor, and do all your work,
>but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God.
>On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates.
>For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
But let me guess:
Mark 2:27
>Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath."
So that means you can just pick whatever day you want because the rules don't matter, right? Yeah, nah. It means don't be an autist about it and do stupid shit like let your sheep die just because it fell into a pit on a Saturday. And that's always been true.
Matthew 5:17-19
>Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
>For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
>Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

>>On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates.
So... Everyone gets the day off except mom?

Also the bible has been changed and updated so many times, and religion being the earliest form of government, it only makes sense to give your slaves the day off once a week so they don't revolt.

Texas

Sabbath literally means Saturday though.

>one day you shouldn't work
what sort of union communist bullshit is this

Every country outside of the US, Canada, and Japan, Monday is the first day of the week. That's why its called the weekend, Saturday and Sunday are at the end of the week, its not called the weekends.

timeanddate.com/calendar/days/monday.html

t. hasn't been to the middle east

Mom's don't work to begin with, they have every day off

if you think that looks like mexico, you need to travel more
>nothing is in spanish

No, I haven't
I'll wait till the current inhabitants get wiped out before I consider traveling there

>being this scared of brown people
You sound like the kind of flyover who's too much of a pussy to go outside without a gun

>being this defensive about someone not liking brown people
The reason your country is a 3rd world country is because of brown people, don't direct that hate to white people because you have poo colored skin

t. 56%er

>I'm not a pussy, I'm just proud to be white
jej

>I'm just proud to be white
You god damn right I am.
I wish you could experience it for one day. I don't have to do anything and I'll succeed in life.

How did you calculate that user?

lol, i think OP used 6 days for a week to get .1666
>OP confirmed idiot

>I don't have to do anything and I'll succeed in life.
>He posted, on Veeky Forums.

>Sundays are 17% of a week
umm user 1/7 is 15% of a week

Shh, he's a chik-fil-a customer. Most of them were home schooled by evangelicals.

Actual sabbath is sundown friday to sundown saturday.

Being the last day of the week is what sets the sabbath apart, first day of the week is usually prime real-estate for doing your job. You are supposed to be celebrating when God rested.

Christians don't generally sanctify sunday, it's just a custom, not a commandment.

Even the Catholics just have to visit church, they can still milk cows and operate light switches to their heart's content.

>Christians don't generally sanctify sunday, it's just a custom

I guess. The exiled, criminal protestants who sailed to 'murrica were strict as shit about doing nothing on sunday. Someone fried an egg, they were pilloried in the town square. Even as late as the early to mid 1900's those heretic prottydog fagfucks would cook food all day Saturday so they didn't have to work on sunday. When you want to understand 'murrica, start there.

Sundown Friday is the beginning of Saturday if you're using that calendar system, so it doesn't make sense to tell someone it's "Friday" because the reason it starts them is you're using a calendar where that time counts as the beginning of Saturday.

Sunday is the day Jesus came back from the dead, which is why most Christians worship on Sunday.

Lol, really? What source are you referencing?

>#1 cheesesteak in the world

LOL!

If you're not advertising like this, you will fail as a business.

Friday is the day of our Lord, infidel...

I'd hop the counter and fuck shit up soooo fast lmao #boonkgang

People who work at Chick-fil-a are actually pleasant and you actually get decent service because they pay hire than other places and all employees have a guaranteed day off. The reason they do it is dumb but the effect is well documented in other countries that ensure vacation days

No one cares about your irrelevant country.

Yeah we all know about the puritans. You're not exactly revealing some huge secret you mental midget.

Christians are not directly instructed to worship on any specific day or days.

John 20:1
“Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away”

Acts 20:7
“On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them”

Matt. 28:1
“Now after the Sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the tomb.”

Mark 16:1-2
“When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, so that they might go and anoint him. 2 And very early on the first day of the week, when the sun had risen, they went to the tomb.”

Luke 24:1-6
“But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. 2 And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. 5 And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? 6 He is not here, but has risen.”

Colossians 2:16-17
“16Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. 17These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.”

The US?
This whole board cares about the US, they either love it or hate it.

I never really got the day of rest thing. God took the day off after making the universe. Doesn't taking Sunday off imply that you did as much work as God to deserve a rest like that too?

Also, I just read Eisner's Contract With God trilogy. Are there people that really consider flipping lightswitches to be work and pay someone else to do things like that for them? That seems like it goes against the spirit of the day of rest by making it more stressful instead of relaxing.

>That's why its called the weekend
Bookends go on either side of a stack of books. You don't call one of them to bookend and the other the bookfront.

Sunday has been the first day of the week for thousands of years you unbelievable retard

What's a "book"?

It's like the internet on a tree.

True but that's the day that the jews use for temple, so Christians use Sunday instead.