Stuffed Lobster

Ok guys, I want to stuff 3 lobster tails for tonight and I want your opinions on how to do the stuffing. I would do crab but all I have is shrimp I've cooked earlier.

So cut up the shrimp. I have parsley and butter crackers. I have a pretty decent pantry so what else should I throw in the stuffing?

Well I ended up chopping up a lot of the shrimp, a good amount of parsley and a shallot.

I mixed that with the butter crackers and about 1.5 sticks of butter, white pepper, salt, and Old Bay.

It's in the fridge now setting up to stuff the lobsters later and then bake them.

how does it feel being redundant?

that sounds like a lot of butter. be careful you don't over cook the already cooked shrimp.
what did you do with the lobster that was in the tail?
good luck NYE Ckayer

Dunno I'm drunk.

Haven't taken the meat out yet. I'm gonna trim it up a bit and mix that with the filling.

>I'm gonna trim it up a bit and mix that with the filling.
oh ok you mentioned crab but no lobster meat. if you have some mushrooms. maybe par cook them and put the stuffing in them. and just do your lobster traditional like. with some white wine. only reason I say that is because your shrimp are cooked and lobster is most likely not. might make for tough shrimp when trying to cook them together

enjoy your sea roaches

I don't have mushrooms or I'd stuff them like you said. I think the shrimp will be fine though.

I don't know what temp to cook the lobster though after I stuff them. I've seen 350 and 425

I myself would care less if my shrimp were over cooked. especially being drunk. but you might want to cook the lobster for a few minutes before adding the stuffing. if your serving them for others. I'd go with the higher temp. maybe add some wine in the pan or some chicken or fish stock at least. what are you drinking tonight. some twisted tea here

Just some beer. If I was at my uncle's I'd be getting wrecked on his father inlaws home made wine.

There's just 3 of us tonight. And the shrimp were steamed and then ice bathed. I'm not really worried about them.

425 for like 12min?

when I worked at a decent restaurant I think I cooked lobster tail at 450 for 7-8 minutes but they were not stuffed and I could feel the meat to see if it was done

unironically McFucking kill yourself

I'll just keep an eye on it and check it.

I'm gonna cook the tails for a min or 2, then stuff them and pop them back in the oven. Sound good?

This made me laugh

I've never cooked them stuffed and looking at your OP pic, I cooked them flipped the other way and cut the middle of the tail and pulled the meat out. with it still being inside the tail. it might take longer to cook. just keep an eye on it and keep what I mentioned in mind.

You need at least 3 times the thermidor on that. That's like using to little butter on bread. That's weak thermidor.

One in every thread....

I'm fucking pissed at myself for not going grocery shopping today because my local place was selling chix for 4.99 a lb.

that's expensive. I thought I was the only one that abbreviated chicken to chix. it's hard to break the habit from all my prep lists at restaurant's. but I try to not do it here because folks are fucked up here, and I don't want to promote shit posting

looks good

looks like they will turn out nice

do you always eat roach food on a regular basis?

unironically Ronald Mcfogle fucked your kids

enjoy your sea roach faggot

so you bathe your sea roaches before you eat them. only little kids and babies eat bugs. I guess people like you never grew out of it and are still doing it today.