Tao lin thread? he seems to be really...

tao lin thread? he seems to be really, really into drugs now and is soon to be publishing a non-fiction work on terence mckenna. compared to how venomous the rest of the world is right now, he seems like a charming fool and i wish him the best.

maybe he'll be better at nonfiction than fiction, as he seems like he would be very meticulous. the fact that supposedly he pulled a wake-and-bake every day while writing it might not bode well, though.

also i stalked his soundcloud and found a bunch of random audio recordings he made of his day: soundcloud.com/taolin/20170419-184756

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d2BJSV8Q1Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=K5tVbVu9Mkg
youtube.com/watch?v=QjcOK2T0lPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Has anybody here read taipei?
I kind of liked the first 3 pages I read

i almost bought it but then i remembered the dude is annoying shill so i put it back

i read it the whole thing, actually. i liked the part about smuggling drugs inside a cd case. the part actually in taipei had a cozy, almost vaporwave feel to it.

Hey Jax, don't blame me for your own retardation. If you fucked yourself into a position you can't undo, nice fucking job, that's on you. Born from seeds of cruelty you reap your awful fruits, deal with it. Don't look for sympathy or guilt from me, you burned that bridge, or don't you remember?

Fuck off and fuck yourselves, if you don't like the situation, say something about it. Go ahead, I dare you.

M, R, J, B, C.

You brought this on yourselves, I have you ample opportunity to do the right fucking thing. Too bad.

don't trigger my schizophrenia like that brah

Go to bed fatherdubs, danny, tao lin, mira, or whoever else made this thread.

Ok guy you just keep paying up and say whatever you want, I got my revenge ten times over. Habe fun. And remember, if the collections start to be too much, you can always just, you know, say something about it.

Something tells me you won't.

Man, I love Tao Lin. Lit shouldnt be some pretentious dragons and fantasy shit. ITs that KMART FICTION. We all from the kmart parking lots. I wanna relate to the mundane things in life. Turn the sidewalk into a cosmic experience. Then life dont seem so dreadful. He pretty much inspired me to write whatever nonsense i can think of and edit later. Then you have a manifestation of ur consciousness in that specific point in your life and you can look back on it a realize it was ur purpose to share ur dread all this while. WATCH MUMBLECORE ON YOUTUBE.

stop advertising your terrible "book" here

I like this old forced meme better than that new forced meme.

there's something very knausgaardian about him

he sounds like he's on the verge of either laughing or crying in this clip.

one of them has a long recording of him peeing

lol. he should make an album of this stuff. frickn gold

this thread is going a little too well for my liking

Hi Tao

is he 9/11 truther btw? if he was id have more respect for him.

He seems to just be getting into 9/11 stuff lol. Seems like he mostly cured his autism with drugs, but he's starting going off the deep end now.

Go to bed, Tao.

One of the most pointlessly depressing books I’ve ever read.
Though at the same time it made me kinda feel good for not having such a terrible life as Tao / his protagonist.

why is "fingered" in quotes? what is the stylistic effect he is trying to achieve? detachment? irony?

he seems to be focusing on the chemical in roundup and crusading against that for some reason now

>*record scratch. freeze frame* "You are probably wondering how I got into this situation" *cooking by the book feat. Lil Jon starts playing*

youtube.com/watch?v=K5tVbVu9Mkg

>compared to how venomous the rest of the world is right now
What in the fuck does this mean

have you read the news lately? have you been on facebook? the world is a powder keg ready to explode. each morning when i wake up i think that i'm going to find that civil work has broken out in america or that some big murderous rampage has happened in europe.

tao lin is a remnant of the old "post-bush pre-trump" hipster class. they've almost completely vanished as a species.

*smokes weed once*

>terence mckenna did nothing wrong
>9/11 was an inside job
>plants are people too
>pesticides are ruining everything

>still being worried about rampages in europe

It's the new status quo mate, that's what you get with multiculturalism.

Luckily a lot of the times most of the victims are the people who are part of the problem, urbanite progressive refugees welcome types.

Hi Tao, Hi Mira

Tai Pei really lacked a good ending. It seemed like a nook about the "descent" of an author, he began to use more and more drugs and have tender and more tenuous relationships, and the novel was quite depressing but then it just kind of ended, concluding in some stupid mushroom-influenced epiphany about the value of life or some shit.

what is it about weed that makes certain ideas like this more plausible? it's certainly true in my life that ever since i started smoking i've gotten more interested in "hippie shit" and conspiracies. is there some direct pharmaceutical explanation re: brain chemistry or something?

Yes but is Tao redpilled on the jews like Veeky Forumss favorite author Kevin MacDonald?

it opens the miiind maaan

tao might be just one trip away from parentesis posting

lol nah

It was so obviously autobiographical and depressing to the point that it actually was not bad. However I liked his short stories more.

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded...

Will he ever recover?

He doesn't seem the prescriptivist type.

>he seems to be really, really into drugs now
I think it's the type of drugs that really shifted.

He used to be into adderal, benzos and opiates. Now it's weed and psychedelics.

>in this clip
more like in this life

correcting tao lin for saying "less" instead of "fewer" is like correcting mccarthy for forgetting quotation marks

grammar aside, it seems really bizarre for him to post this considering twitter is what made him famous

Good morning Tao.

I read it, it was decent.

This is painful

>why is "fingered" in quotes? what is the stylistic effect he is trying to achieve? detachment? irony?
I guess it's too metaphoric for him.

this is like staring into a portal to hell

youtube.com/watch?v=QjcOK2T0lPo

also, i wonder what it's like to have sex with tao lin. i imagine he is very submissive in bed.

Nice wife beater there Anthony Fantano.

It pushes you to actually think for yourself and examine your own beliefs.
Unfortunately most smokers still do not possess critical thinking skills so they simply flip from their suburban brainwashing beliefs to believing in easy and simplistic takedowns of that brainwashing.