Get one of these for Christmas from Mom

>get one of these for Christmas from Mom
>you're going to love it!

no, I won't

My mom actually got one for me too. The top handle was slightly flexible so you couldn't even force garlic out of it unless you put in like 3 cloves. Most of the garlic was still trapped inside unable to go through. I threw it away about 30 seconds after trying it out. I'm sure most of them are supposed to have a rigid handle, but I don't want to crush my garlic anyway.

the press is ok. That slice section is a meme though

Why?
I use garlic slices on toast.
If I was a retard I would love a slice tool.

If I had one, I suppose I'd use it from time to time, especially when in need of large quantities of garlic. It does shave a bit of time off of prep, but not so much so that I'd ever buy one or waste space in my drawer for it. It's useful, but not THAT useful.

My mom gave me a hand mixer for Christmas that I have absolutely no use or room for. Maybe to make butters.

>Using one of those bitch tools.
>Not just throwing a half dozen heads of garlic in your potato ricer.

>moved out finally 2 months ago
>nice single bedroom apartment
>job at Lowes
>Mom gives me one of these for Christmas
>Christmas day, decide to have some toast
>only want one piece of toast
>have to throw the other piece in the garbage
>feel bad the rest of the day
>Mom meant well, I guess

Light kek

The other slot is meant to be a fork warmer, dummy.

>got my mom infatuated with japanese knives
>got a gyuto for christmas, probably getting a petty or a nakiri for my birthday next month

feels good man

Use it for whipped cream and icing/frosting.

you don't do any kind of baking?

>not asking for a Chef's knife
>not asking for a cutting board with grips
>not asking for food storage tupperware
>not asking for new pots and pans
>not asking for spices, including saffron
>not asking for delicious, tasty, healthy ingredients
>not asking for a decent blender
>not asking for a food processor
>not asking for a canning kit
This kitchen ain't big enough fur the two of us

that's not a very good system

>not just nibbling on raw garlic between bites

I usually only make pizza dough and bread, and I just use a regular wire whisk and my hands. Im not really a sweets person. Last time I made some frosting for some Christmas sugar cookies for work I just whisked it by hand. I'm sure it's useful in the right situation but I feel like it's just gonna collect dust.

>dex nazi
NO TRIPLE Cs FOR YOU

It's useful when you bake often and want to save effort. It's just a convenience that you can make do without but when I use it I sure appreciate the effort saved. Kinda like the dishwasher for my household of one.

?

that thing is magical for a boat load of garlic. it's an amazing feeling to have 30 heads of garlic all crushed and prepped if you know you'll use them before they get funky or lose their potency.

my IQ just halved from reading this post

That's just fucking gross, please go away.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
Life is the bitch, and death is her sister
Sleep is the cousin, we're a fuckin' family picture!

I've wanted to try this since the first time I saw that movie. Has anyone had any success with it?

Pauly had a very good system for the garlic.

Have any of you tried this?
I did,not wort the effort.
...but then again they are in prison and have nothing but time. What I meant to say was GAH BUH FUGN GHUL!

crushed/pressed Garlic is aaaall good if it's a nice fresh, new season clove

This. When I have fresh garlic from my garden it's great but when I buy some at the supermarket it works like shit.

I've noticed if you take the garlic out, put it in again, and press a second time it gets more out...but really I'll use a knife or a microplane

just use a knife or microplane

Get a truffle shaver.

It's a tool with A Razor blade in it you can set the thickness of the slice you want and not cut your fingers to shreds.

I own the same one my nonna owned her whole life after she passed away. Things like 100 years old and still works magic.

>100 years old and still works magic

Probably because nonna couldn't afford truffles so it never got used.

Don't use too many onions

>he doesn't like a little fresh garlic on his buttered toast

>got a pizza stone for christmas from ex-gf's parents
>its been in the back of my car for over a year

I don't know why they they thought I would want this.

Put the whisks in your ass, post pic's.

I've only had my truffle slicer for 2 years and it's blunt as fuck, I just us a knife, more of a rustic effect on my truffles.

>having a mom with actual interests
jelly

>not wanting a garloc press
What are you? Gay or something?