Does this shite really work, m9s?

Does this shite really work, m9s?

youtu.be/gOLgLi5ZJOY?t=13s

Why not try it and tell us the results? It can be your homework like the big boys have to do!

Yeah I got a bag of that stuff on amazon. If you add too much cheese to the sauce it gets the terrible gloppy texture of american cheese though. The sauce in that video is going to be terrible to eat after it sits for about 30 seconds. If it's the correct texture when hot it will be gross as soon as it cools just slightly.

it's great for a baked mac n cheese.

>medium sauce pan
>a tablespoon of flour for every tablespoon of butter
>its called rue
>when mixed to a dough-like appearance, add milk
>add shredded cheese, but make sure its not the meme cheese that 'now melts'
>add spices if desired.
>cheese sauce acquired

>rue
Roux, you fucking pleb.

Do Mexicans even eat nachos? I can't recall having ever seen a Mexican eating nachos.

Seriously what the fuck? This is the technique version of a banana slicer of something.

>Badass nachos
Who the fuck wants "cheese sauce" on nachos?

Safe to say these 90 seconds of video have triggered me.

Nope. Nachos are tex Mex. Same with chimichangas, quesadillas Etc.

> bad ass
>doesn't know how to layer
who eats nachos like this the fuck

A good technique to make it melt evenly, sure, but I can't imagine it tastes very good with all that shit.

nachos and quesadillas are mexican you fucknut
chimichangas are tex-mex though

bechamel doesn't have the right viscosity and that gooey property.

sodium citrate is sour salt. though if you use an extra sharp cheddar or other cheese with a strong flavor. then the sweet, salt, and savory flavor of the cheese will hide it.

there is a thing called Constructed Cheese. Where they use sodium citrate to emulsify the cheese while melting it and blending in other flavors like wine.

It's also mixed with beer in addition to all that. It's a disgusting concoction.

just make a fucking roux this "food science" bullshit meme triggers me so hard

Are you usually scared of new things? This version is dude-bro tier trash, but that doesn't mean that using tech in cooking is somehow a meme or something you should be triggered over.

Nah I welcome new things, it just tickles my autism when it's something fucking stupid like in OP's post or pic related.

There's no reason to go out and buy sodium citrate for melted cheese when a roux can do the same thing and it probably tastes better.

Every time I do a roux cheese sauce, it's grainy. Probably am retarded but yeah it's garbage when I do it.

You're doing something wrong. What kind of flour have you been using? Whole wheat can give it a grainy texture, I like using all-purpose.

When I make mac n cheese, I'll make a roux with some nice extra-sharp cheddar and a little soft goat cheese. They both melt really well and it turns into a delicious silky cheese sauce. If I'm feeling like being fat I'll substitute milk with heavy cream.

And another thing that can go wrong is the heat being too high when using a lower quality cheese, that'll make it gritty

are you using cold milk ?

warm your milk up to shower temperature before adding to the roux.

>rest assured, sodium citrate is just an emulsified salt
Then why not just use salt?

brainlet skipped his chem classes

My sister is weird as fuck and won't eat it that way. She hates "the taste of the flour" no matter how i adjust it. Even 1tbs ruins the whole dish for her.

You could add a little something to stabilize the emulsion such as xanthan gum.
Are you not cooking your roux enough or something? There's a difference between raw flour and cooked for a white roux. Of course it's possible your sister is just picky as fuck.

More info on stabilizers.

And some of the recipes in Modernist Cuisine use whey as a binder to keep the cheese together rather than adding a stabilizer. None of them use sodium citrate by itself.

>recipes in Modernist Cuisine

...shit maybe i should read all these books i pirate

You should, it's good, but way too expensive to buy.

What book is this from and can you please upload it somewhere if you've got a PDF.

Modernist Cuisine. Specifically it's from Volume 4. Easily available to pirate.

Thanks.