What is the best vegetable?

And why is it the Brussels sprout?

Because cabbage is good and they're baby cabbages and baby vegetables are better. See: carrots

I totally agree. If you don't like brussel sprouts you have PTSD from your Grandma boiling the shit out of them in the 90s

I never understood the bad rep my little boys in green get. If you cook them properly, like any other food item, it tastes delicious.
>get a steak
>cover it in salt
>microwave on high for three years
>place in pot of boiling water
>eat it
>"hmm it doesn't taste good"

brussel sprouts are tasty when cooked right,
but could you eat them every day?
Nay, I say.
you have overlooked the humble, yet versatile potato
>boil 'em
>mash 'em
>stick 'em in a stew
and don't forget tasty chips

I love them, they're adorable and delicious. I like to eat them layer by layer.

>why
Becayse of roasted brussel sprouts

>could you eat them every day?
Why yes, yes I could.

I've had way to many potatoes in my life, I would love brussel sprouts a lot more than I do now

For me it is parsnip

what does a parsnip taste like? is it like a potato and carrot made babies?

this.

A challenger appears

Make my pee-pee smell.

You are wrong

cabbages are flowers not vegetables

Yes

'vegetable' can refer to any edible part of a plant, except for the fruits, which are referred to as.. 'fruits'.

Who is the vegetable in your pic?

Monsieur Macron.

any crucifer is an acceptable answer

People need to eat their sprouts before they can have anything else.

It tastes like a big mouthful of sulfur. I cannot imagine being able to stand eating them once a year let alone every day, this user is crazy.

I didn't try brussel sprouts until I was 28. It wasn't because I hated them either, it was just because my parents never bought them and assumed my sisters and I would hate them automatically.
One day I saw them really cheap and thought, what the hell, green leafy veggies are good.
Roasted them with salt and pepper with good quality olive oil, caramelizing the bottoms and drizzling with balsamic dressing.
Holy shit, where has this been all my life.

Have you had them from multiple sources? They shouldn't taste like sulfur. The ones I've eaten have a sweet mild flavor.

luckily you missed out on the overcooked mushy sprouts a lot of kids get served when they are growing up.
roasting them is the best way.
have you tried them in a stir-fry? sliced in half, with some garlic and soy sauce. delicious.

>not superior white asparagus.

>Sulfur
Your speaking a load of shit or the person who cooks your parsnips that one day a year is trying to poison you. Don't blame them.

It's obviously black winter truffle

Broc is best. Only vegetable I get a genuine craving for

Onion.

I just tried them this past summer at 28 for basically the same reason. They went really well with the Malbec I brought.

>I never understood the bad rep

They taste absolute fucking shit when boiled to long. Thats why

Best vegetables is onion by far.

Potatooos are shite tier.

Yep, and some of us grew up in a house where mom would buy canned brussels sprouts and proceed to boil them. I can remember I was a kid (non picky eater) and I tried a forkful of that, gagged and spit it out. I got slapped but they knew I ate most everything so they didn't force me to eat it in which case I'm pretty sure I would have vomitted. In my late 20's I tried some fresh ones that were roasted with a deep caramelization and they were goat af.

Asperiagus!

>when mom fed you boiled bland sprouts

It makes ur piss smell.

In this order:

1.Brocolli
2.Cauliflower
3.Sprouts

>I tried some fresh ones that were roasted with a deep caramelization and they were goat af.
most people remember it well the day they came to this realization. that was a great day because there was broccoli and cauliflower in that roasting pan. those three vegetables roasted with garlic oil is better than any other side dish

So what? Do you piss your bed regularly enough that having smelly piss is a significant problem, or is your husband into golden showers?

Spinach remains my number 1. Broccoli a close 2nd.

Roasted sprouts are nice but for me steamed (but not for too long, they should still be quite firm) sprouts are godly. I really enjoy the flavor.

Roasted with some balsamic vinegar and honey.

What's wrong with having a partner urinate on you?