Why don't Americans use real garlic in cooking but disgusting powder?

Why don't Americans use real garlic in cooking but disgusting powder?

Other urls found in this thread:

gordonramsayrestaurants.com/recipes/truffle-short-rib-doughnuts/
youtu.be/VcslHiyOqy0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is really no excuse for this. Garlic keeps a long time

we grow garlic and dehydrate the scapes in spring and all of the bulbs that are damaged during harvest and won't keep, it makes a really great garlic powder, lasts forever

Because fresh garlic and garlic powder have different flavors and different uses.

because they are disgusting and fat and have zero culinary culture and tradition apart from fatness

I watch so many food videos on youtube. They all use garlic powder.

I don't even think we have that here on the Germany.

Yeah, let me just use whole, bulky garlic chunks when I’m making a rub or sauce.

You don't have knives in America?

Next time use crushed fresh cloves. Your sauce will appreciate it.

This

Garlic powder is generally used in dry rubs for BBQ or smoking, which is a big part of cuisine in most places in the US. Also to impart a garlic flavor in pizza dough and etc.

That's basically the only real use for it. But since most people are lazy and can't be bothered to peal and chop garlic they just use powder. And that's not exclusive to the US, my aunt in the UK and cousin in Holland do the same thing and it triggers me when they say "well you can't taste the difference".

Basically garlic powder has it's legitimate uses but overall it's used because people are lazy.

Garlic powder doesn't burn as easily as fresh one.
I use it when i need to sear.

In oil it burns quicker, it just doesn't get as much of a bitter taste

We primarily use fresh garlic. Garlic powder has it's uses, so we use that too for certain things (spice mixes). Fuck granulated garlic, though, and fuck big tubs of prepeeled cloves; those are both worthless.

But we do? Where are you getting this information from?

Garlic powder is fine but this fucking shit is just insane

Actually, I could see the use of this if you were going to be using vinegar in the recipe anyway.

Yeah, garlic salt is garbage, and minced garlic just tastes like shit compared to mincing garlic yourself.

And nigger you know what I meant. Depending on the sauce, even extremely minced garlic is too chunky. I don’t want to settle on texture just to impress you faggots. Garlic powder is completely different than using fresh garlic. That’s like asking “why use ketchup on meatloaf when you can use fresh tomato slices?”

>why do americans do x
we're lazy motherfucker and don't care what you think

That is not what China looks like.

Would garlic oil work just as well in marinades and rubs? I'm wondering why it's not as ubiquitous as garlic powder.

>He doesn't recognise the Asian continent when he sees it.

Have mercy on my sides, kind sir.

>He doesn't know where the Ural Mountains are.

cost
I keep both. I unironically prefer garlic powder to diced because it lets me keep my steaks low-sodium and well-sealed. Diced is better for everything else but why use it to better a frozen pizza for instance? Just sprinkle some cost-efficient, still real powder dumb dumb.

we do. we just use guns instead.

so, guns are the new chopsticks
might as well call guns 'clapsticks'

But I always use fresh garlic, just by a garlic mincer.

>use garlic powder in fried chicken recipe
>receive michelin star
>charge 5 bucks per piece of chicken.

>implying you know the actual recipe

Do Americans really take their dining tips from car repair shops?

Do Americans really not know how to bait?

>American family style fare
>not using garlic powder

>hey havent been on Veeky Forums in some time
>i wonder what Veeky Forums is like these days
>phs guy, progun, etc
>or is it just gonna still be crybaby yurocucks crying about the US
yup. its crybaby yurocucks. See you in another 4 years. keep crying I guess.
pic related, its an actual picture of an average ck poster

This, I use both frequently.

>Not using Garlic Salt on pizza

u a gay?

Because they are lazy as fuck.

>See you in another 4 years
why, are you recovering from a gunshot wound again?

Americans are scared of fresh ingredients.

Americans love fresh ingredients.

i use both. depends if i want chunks of it or just the flavor, or if im lazy.

Who comes up with all these stupid rumors? Foreigners are weird people.

found the American lads LOL

Not really. Most of them don't even know how to cook. And for the ones that do, cooking is considered pouring a jar of pre-made pasta sauce into a pot and heating it up.

stfu you stupid fat american don't ever reply to me again

Americans love fresh ingredients.

Triggered

>be American
>use garlic powder
>use onion powder
>use chili powder
>use celery powder
they really are just mindless cattle waiting for their flavored slop. if they had to eat real vegetables, they might lose some weight.

Triggered

Oh no, it has brain damage :(

fuck you stupid american pig fuck shart idiot bitch

Do many Westerners know how to cook in general? When I lived in England it was the same deal, most people don't really know how to make anything beyond a few basic dishes like pasta with tuna and sweetcorn(?)

>pasta with tuna
wh*Te people are vile

No. No they do not know how to cook. Especially millennials. The average American boomer knows how to make something like unseasoned roasted meat or some sort of Frankenstein casserole. Millenials cook eggs, toast, and pasta dishes. They buy precooked meat.

Where are you from?

Most don't.

Indonesia.

You are god damn right. Subway is awesome.

even so, white people run the world while brown people kill each other or starve.

It's cheaper than buying fresh garlic all the time.

Also, it doesn't spoil

>It's cheaper
Literally the opposite.

> Millenials cook eggs, toast, and pasta dishes.
From what I've seen, more millenials have an interest in cooking than previous generations. Not all or even many, but some of them.
>Where are you from?
USA

What country are you from where obsessing over Americans is the national pass time?

OP is clearly a whiny American flyover faggot child butthurt that his parents are shit at cooking.

You're generalizing. I'm a millennial albeit not from the USA but I've been cooking since I was 13. I cook fish, soups, various egg based dishes (quiche/frittata, etc) and lots of other things. I'm experimenting with baking bread now. American Boomers are useless cunts who grew up in the golden age of microwaveable meals. They had all the opportunity and squandered it and now they have gone from cocaine to rogaine (thanks Carlin). Fuck boomers.

I use both and so does everyone I know who cooks. They serve different purposes.

*claps*

gordonramsayrestaurants.com/recipes/truffle-short-rib-doughnuts/
>10g garlic powder
>do Americans really

when someone asks do _ really _, they usually want a generalization retard

>I'm a millennial

Stopped reading right there.

I work hard everyday to make sure anonymous grown men on the internet who are over the age of 30 read all my posts so I feel pretty hurt you won't read the stuff I posted!

Shut up. Stop using logic to explain things.

>That's basically the only real use for it.

I use it (and onion powder) in meatloaf or other dishes where even minced it messes up the texture.

well they do have different purposes.... I always opt for real garlic when making sauce and stuff, but ill use the powdwe if I'm making something like refried beans, the flavor is legit better for that. Also more Consistent. I'd rather have someone use the powder if they don't know how to cook garlic in a specific way for a specific flavor.

Garlic oil wouldn't work with either. It would seperate from a marinade, and it wouldn't absorb in a rub.

Better question: why don't westerners know you can grate garlic? It solves 's consistency problem.

You can get it in Asian supermarkets, it's also pretty commonly used in Indian cuisine.

I really dont see why it matters. Its just dehydrated garlic that's rehydrated when you cook with it. What do you all have against dried foods?

Wtf americans are insane. I bet they dont even realize that real garlic exists..

>minced onion ruins meatloaf
what

>Thomas Keller using garlic powder
>Implying it's not dehydrated in house using some arcane, elaborate process
user don't know about tricks

A good question, I fucking hate the goddamn powder as an American yet everyone uses it. It just taste way too salty and not like garlic. I never use that trash.

>American family style fare
Hot dogs and ketchup?

i use minced garlic because my parents bought me a big fat fucking tub of it when i moved out 2 years ago and I'm not even halfway through it. It barely adds flavor to anything but I don't know if that's my fault. I believe I saute it correctly. Should I just throw it out? Is fresh that much better?

>Is fresh that much better?
Yes.

>and fuck big tubs of prepeeled cloves
>worthless

wat

ad hoc doesnt have a michelin star

Moisture. Onions release a ton of moisture when cooked.

This stuff sucks holy shit. Tastes like nothing

youtu.be/VcslHiyOqy0

Americunt Here born and Raised

I use both depends on the dish. I use Garlic Salt tho not powder.

> (OP)
>because they are disgusting and fat and have zero culinary culture and tradition apart from fatness

Are you French? I seem to get a Monty Python feel about your comment... are you taunting or just plain gay?

I was almost taunted, but im sure hes gay. Prolly obesely overweight to. Prolly mostly upset he is obese and doesnt live in Murica

american here
laziness and lack of knowledge and cost

When I was growing up in the midwest grocery stores didn't even carry fresh garlic so my mom always used powdered. I first saw fresh garlic when I went to uni.

Because I cant use a clove of garlic if I want to make a fucking dry rub you dumbass.

Wrong. Use a fine cheese grater.

>moisture content in a dry run

>salty

Sounds like garlic salt. Garlic powder shouldn't have any salt, it should literally be only dried, ground garlic.

What's "but disgusting powder" and how can garlic make it better?

People are just joking, autismo. Most of the time it is actual Americans saying, "Do Americans really do / eat X?"