What's your view on the professionalization of the humanities, like literature, philosophy, creative writing and so on?

What's your view on the professionalization of the humanities, like literature, philosophy, creative writing and so on?
Has it benefited said disciplines or not?

Its kind of come full circle now. You're either a billionaire author or you can't make twenty cent

I cant stand that fucking sweater and the stupid basic bitches or hypebeasts who wear it

What about careers in academia? Where I'm from it's definitely a way to make a living?

The humanities have become really insular and recondite.

>Tfw got handmedown thrasher jumper many years before the hype and suddenly start getting called trendy for it
Tempted to remove it from wardrobe but it's the comfiest jumper I own

If you're a guy its not that bad, it goes from edgy try hard to so lame its endearing

Who is this nymphet, little crumpet-strumpet who could have a go at my trumpet, and who I could become a limpet for?

??? Elaborate ???

Women are stupid

It pays my bills so I'm fond of it.

not sure where you live, but in america traditional tenured jobs are very difficult to acquire. you have to go through a period of very intense work, probably including various adjunct teaching gigs to make ends meet. the good positions are highly competitive and it's easy for a committee to disregard your resume for a variety of reasons (political ideology, prestige of your school, first impression in the interview).

Oh, ok.
What if I'm an autistic female?

>“Books,” she cried, rising to her feet and speaking with an intensity of desolation which I shall never forget, “are for the most part unutterably bad!”
Of course we cried out that Shakespeare wrote books, and Milton and Shelley.
“Oh, yes,” she interrupted us. “You’ve been well taught, I can see. But you are not members of the London Library.” Here her sobs broke forth anew. At length, recovering a little, she opened one of the pile of books which she always carried about with her —“From a Window” or “In a Garden,” or some such name as that it was called, and it was written by a man called Benton or Henson, or something of that kind. She read the first few pages. We listened in silence. “But that’s not a book,” someone said. So she chose another. This time it was a history, but I have forgotten the writer’s name. Our trepidation increased as she went on. Not a word of it seemed to be true, and the style in which it was written was execrable.
“Poetry! Poetry!” we cried, impatiently.
“Read us poetry!” I cannot describe the desolation which fell upon us as she opened a little volume and mouthed out the verbose, sentimental foolery which it contained.
“It must have been written by a woman,” one of us urged.

>ywn father a host of quadroon abominations with this dusky jewel destined to plague the world and above all themselves with their liminality
feels bad man
jdimsa

Then you're stupid and retarded

You'd find it easier to get a girlfriend if you weren't so cruel

I'm cruel because I've no girlfriend, its a viscious cycle

>professionalization of the humanities
You've got it entirely wrong. The humanities were once professional and have instead become a subculture. The humanities in academia are on the way out.

This, the humanities started dying the day they became an easy paycheck for Marxists.

Maybe you can get lucky and score a qt with Stockholm Syndrome.

you're wrong

I've been trying that but she just keeps whining that she wants to leave

The only philosophy left in Anglo-American universities is of the analytic variety. And I'm sure you're aware of the scientistic bias that goes hand in hand with analytic philosophy.

>The only philosophy left in Anglo-American universities is of the analytic variety.

This is a vast exaggeration

Why is it a vast exaggeration? It's a fact that most universities in primarily English speaking regions have analytic philosophy departments.

Because I wager most of them have at least some representation from other schools. My University certainly did and it was no unusual institution

Yeah, so did my university, but the fact that it's still an analytic department with careers open only to those willing to succeed within standards common to analytic philosophy remains.

There is some space, thats all I'm saying