Steak

what is Veeky Forums favorite cut of beef. How do you like it cooked? Do you use a grill or a skillet? Do you adhere to the only flip once rule?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Porterhouse, medium-rare, grilled, rotated 45 degrees, flipped, rotated 45 degrees, rest 15 minutes, serve with sour cream and chives baked potato and three fingers of whiskey.

what kind of whiskey?

NY Strip, seasoned with a little bit of kosher salt and black pepper and grilled to rare.

Shit's bomb.

Bourbon whiskey. I'm partial to the 10 year Evan Williams or Wild Turkey 101.

I will never wrap my head around liquor with food.

Cowboy
Medium rare, reverse seared
Serve with sauteed spinach and a loaf of fresh Italian bread

good choices, 101 is what i was drinking with steak last night lol

It's more about indulgence than food pairings.

My man.

T-bone, medium
or
Prime rib, also medium

I've tried pretty much everything. Grilled picanha medium rare is my most favorite. Dry aged ribeye or just ribeye caps are also favorites.

For me it's the ribeye.

well done with ketchup

cut?

I appreciate your transparency about it.

ankles. or whatever is in the steak and shake trash can

Have a blessed day.

ny strip. prime. grass fed canadian cab or wagyu. (none of that american corn fed trash). cut 1.5" or thicker. trimmed neat. kosher salt, pepper, rubbed with garlic, thyme. pan seared to rare.

>what is Veeky Forums favorite cut of beef.
A good caserole beef so say any cut of braising beef like chuck, skirt, leg or flank.
>How do you like it cooked?
Slow cooked to a beef bourgion recipie, with a good quality burgundy; steak wise medium rare when grilled or fryed.
>Do you use a grill or a skillet?
A le creuset caserole dish.
Do you adhere to the only flip once rule?
When not using a slow cooker and a grill or pan, i will always flip it multiple times say 4-6.

This: Then some peper and salt, slap it few times and nuke on cast iron pan. Serve with beer, and axe to fend off everybody that tries to steal it.

Me again having this stuff again, it is my first mean in 2018. Delicious, cures hangover, impotence, cancer, makes Chuck Norris cry. With good beer there is nothing more i could dream of.

Tri tip roast Santa Maria style and grilled

Ribeye. Medium. Broiled or however the hell my dad made it when I was growing up.

Is there a site where I can learn more about steaks or meat in general?

can i marinate a steak then freeze it? or freeze first, then thaw and marinate before grilling?

>Favorite cut
Anything i can afford
>way its cooked
On a skillet with chooped onions, mushrooms, crushed garlic, and sprinkled with sea-salt. When it is nearly cooked halfway through then flip, take a spoon and pore the juices back over it.

chuck, fried in pan with olive oil, lager, ketchup, grey poupon, hot sauce, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and parsley smeared all over it fresh out the freezer. Flip once and fry to rare with lid on the Revere Ware

Flat Iron is a seriously underrated cut. I just pan fry it for 30 seconds on each side, smoking hot heat with whole peppercorns and a bit of butter.

top serloin. cast iron pan on grill. sear steaks on grill, high heat, both sides, transfer to pan with half a stick of butter, reduce heat. Cook till medium medium rare.

Why does it take so goddamn long to grill steak? When I cook it stove-top on a cast iron pan it takes like 5 minutes total to get it just before medium-rare. But when I cook it on a grill at 450-500F, after 12 minutes it's still blue-rare. It's to the point where I just don't know when it's done if I'm grilling it and I have to resort to cutting it to check, whereas I don't have that problem on the stove. This is on 1-2 inch rib eyes btw.

I really can't say. We have one of them green eggs and it takes 90 seconds each side

Ribeye, medium rare, charcoal grilled or pan seared. I flip once if pan searing, 3-4 times if grilling

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but I like to use a boneless NY steak. Kosher salt, pepper and a light brushing of oil. I then do that "reverse sear" thing where I bake it in the oven at 170F for about 25-30 min (depends on how thick the cut of meat was) and then do a quick sear at the end. Ends up rare-medium rare for me.

With steak, you want to make every bite count. That's why I use A-1 Steak Sauce. A-1 brings out every single bite of steak, or even hamburger. Mmmmm, delicious. For me, there's only one steak sauce, A-1. Because A-1 has all the taste that makes every bite count.

>i love cold steak

Filet mignon. I don't care if it's overrated. A filet with a crabcakes is the best meal I can think of.

With steak, you want to make every bite count. That's why I use Heinz Ez Squirt. Ez Squirt brings out every single bite of steak, or even hamburger. Mmmmm, delicious. For me, there's only one purple ketchup, Ez Squirt. Because Ez Squirt has all the taste that makes every bite count.

Whatever is on sale, medium rare, usually cast iron pan but grill on occasion, I normally flip 2x.

Sear one side for 30 secs - flip and sear second side 30 secs throw in oven for 2 mins flip second time and cook an additional 2 mins. This is for a ~1" steak. I will cook a little more if it's thicker

Somewhat related question. What do you guys use to cook your steaks? I normally use butter or oil in the pan but was thinking about using leftover bacon fat. Whenever I have some I cook a few slices of bacon on the pan before I put the steak on and it comes out delicious. Can I just put the fat in a mason jar and let it cool down then throw a lid on it and put it in the fridge? How long does it last?

Forever this. Every. TIME.

youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08

Tried using a meat thermometer for the first time on a NY strip. 160F is supposed to be medium but when I cut into it at 160 it was completely raw. Kept cooking, was still raw at 190 and wasn't cooked through until 210. It's a good quality thermometer so I can't figure out what's going on.

steak is overrated. i prefer a nice, juicy pork chop

Dude, 135 is medium rare. Never cook past that on some faggoty thin steak. If you have real steak you can read to 130, but some piece of shit 1 inch steak dies at 120.

You people are so new at cooking steak its impossible to talk to you. It's like trying to tell a child not to walk in the street.

Ok so why was it was medium rare at 210 degrees not 135?

130F to 135F is medium rare. Your probe was placed improperly, other than that I don't have a clue.

Porter or T, 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick, seared over coal, blue rare inside.

Ribeye
Kosher salt, garlic salt, cracked pepper
Cast iron skillet, 4/5 max heat, gas stove,
Canola oil because highest flash point
One side, 3 min, flip steak, should be a crust
Slap a patty of Kerrygold Irish butter on the seared side
Another 3 min
Flip and transfer onto plate with aluminum foil
Slap another paddy of butter on other seared side, rub it all over
Cover tightly in foil
Let it rest for 5 min at least if you can resist

preferred sides:
Iceberg wedge sald with bleu cheese and bacon
French onion soup
Creamed spinach
Baked potato, (salt pepper butter)

Wild Turkey 101 once you're done. Neat.

I love ribeye. Right amount of fat and meat.

its the patrician choice.

Top round sirloin since it goes on sale for $4.99 a lb quite often.

Olive oil in my pan, rolled over heat in the pan to wake it up.
Steak it coated with kosher salt and coarse black pepper, Then pressed with the flat side of the knife
Toss in the meat, add lid, wait until good sear on the one side
Flip it. go pee or whatever, come back and check for sear
Remove and give it a minute before slicing
Serve with eggs, bacon, and bread.

You know nothing about cooking steak.

Ribeye is the best cut no contest.

Flat Iron
Sous vide 55c for 80 minutes
Grill 20 seconds each side, crosshatch
Serve with bearnaise and demi, and some sort of a potato preparation
Check out the alinea steak and a1 dish

I'm Jack fucking Sprat. Give me the heaviest filet you have med rare and au poivre. Gotta get that peppery sear on there.

Anyone ever had flap steak?

I had ur mum's flap steak

you brought this on yourself

Hey now no need to take things that far

>reverse seared
So the inside is cooked and the outside is raw?

Cook first, sear at the end

What are everyone's favorite sides with steak? Me, I'm all about those burgundy mushrooms. Potatoes au gratin are godly too.

mushrooms with steak is fucking god tier

ribeye, med rare. flip only once, three minutes a side, finish in oven if you want it more done, let rest ten minutes under a foil tent. serve with twice baked potato, grilled asparagus, and a boulevard wheat

went to an upscale steakhouse the other night. had some amazing beef, truffle au gratin potatoes, and bacon onion brussels sprouts. drank their bartenders oldfashion/manhatten combination drink garnished with a slice of ny strip and black cherry. i was in heaven

Ribeye, rare/med rare, cast iron skillet. No, because I like to balance it on its edges to get a good sear on the fat. This requires some fancy tong work. Mmm, delicious caramelized ribeye steak fat.

Ribeye, medium, A1 with a baked potato and a lot of sour cream and a giant salad

Toss up between a nice thick ribeye and porter for me. They are both just so damn good.

Goddamn I'm hungry

T-bone

0. Open all windows and doors and turn on every fan 'cus shit is gonna get smoky

1. Pre-heat castiron skillet on stovetop turned as high as it goes

2. Pour in some high-temp fry oil, should start smoking anyway

3. Take steak out of fridge, salt both sides, put straight into pan

4. Leave alone in pan until bottom has a really good crust

5. Flip steak and put a pat of butter on top, along with some garlic and rosemary

6. Leave alone until good crust on other side

7. Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes before eating

A5 wagyu ribeye
Reverse seared

Same here. These were some portabellas with garlic and balsamic. I love good french fries with steak also, especially when you can soak up a little juice with some of them

that's pure bullshit, you can't do a reverse sear without either filling the house with smoke or overcookin the steak

>waking up your olive oil

>he doesn't activate his olive oil

flap steak is just a myth

20 minutes on the grill flip another 20 minutes. Then I put it close to fire and sear the outside

yikes

ribeye, then skirt steak

this man is a caballero

40 minutes sounds like it would be horribly overcooked but since he said he puts it close to the fire to sear it, it just sounds like he's doing a reverse sear. It's a good way to cook steaks actually. Plus doing it on a charcoal grill like that would give it a bit more smoke if that's what you like.

Inch thick ribeye, rubbed in olive oil, salt and pepper all over it, grill seared for 2 minutes every side, finish cooking in indirect heat side of grill for 10 minutes. Rest for 10, perfect rare medium rare. With a side of balsamic vinegar garden salad and cornbread.