The first thing Snape asks Harry is “Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of...

>The first thing Snape asks Harry is “Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?” According to Victorian Flower Language, asphodel is a type of lily meaning ‘My regrets follow you to the grave’ and wormwood means ‘absence’ and also typically symbolized bitter sorrow. If you combined that, it meant ‘I bitterly regret Lily’s death’.

Holy...

I don't even like HP or think she's all that attractive but I want to fuck the living daylights out of this woman.

I was about to post the same thing.

I came here to post this

Didn't she recently quote her own books to fight with someone she was calling a bigot?

I like how she made the goblins ugly little creatures who had cornered the wizarding banking industry.

p.s. Jews are bad

Didn't you get enough on /tv/?

In ancient Greek mythology, Hades had a field with Asphodels were the heroes rested. The Asphodel therefore can allude to death in general.

she always does that, but she gave it a bit of a rest when even Piers Morgan started making fun of her.

>she always does that
What a fucking weirdo.

STRETCHED HIS LEGS

"No!"

That its pretty cool. I wonder if it was on purpose

Nah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

Was Snape black?

they also have long noses
jk confirmed redpiled

kek

She has a degree in classics from a decent uni iirc. Probably much better read than most of the pseuds on this board. YAAS SLAY KWEEN

You want to fuck a rich middle aged woman and live like a kept man. It's not an uncommon fantasy.

Rowling is unironically a great children's author, saving the prose.

>saving

Same

Similar: "It is a long time since my last visit. I must say, your agapanthus are flourishing."

>The name is derived from scientific Greek: αγάπη (agape) = love, άνθος (anthos) = flower.

Agapanthus also has nicknames that include the word lily, though they are not true lilies.
Personally, I think Petunia has a flowerbed of these flowers in order to honor her sister's death. And I think Dumbledore pointing this out is his way of saying to her, I know what those flowers mean, and I admire the way you still cherish your sister.

There's more to unpack in that first lesson with Snape. For one, he asks Harry about bezoars. This is used later in Half-Blood Prince, when Harry reads that a bezoar can save Ron in the HBP's old Potions book. An attentive reader would've known that they've heard the word bezoar used in the series before, by Snape. So it's a clue that he's the Hal-Blood Prince.

Snape also asks about wolfsbane, which we learn later is used to make the Wolfsbane Potion that keeps Lupin from suffering during full moons. It's also mentioned during the lesson that they're using horned slugs (not a real thing, Rowling made them up,) to brew a potion that cures boils. Foreshadowing Horace Slughorn, the Potions master from before Snape.

The reason Snape hates and picks on Neville throughout the series even in the first lesson is that he was almost the Cghosen One. And if he was, Lily wouldn't have died. Kinda ups Snape's already high dicksh behavior levels, knowing he holds a grudge against a kid and bullies him knowing perfectly well he's a sensitive kid and that his parents were tortured into insanity.

Snape explains that powdered root of aspholden mixed with an infusion of wormwood is used to make the Draught of Living Death, a sleeping potion so powerful that it makes the drinker appear to be dead. I choose to believe that this is an allusion to Romeo and Juliet on Rowling's part, and it's hinting at Snape and Lily's tragically failed romance. They even belonged to two warring houses, Gryffindor and Slytherin, like Romeo and Juliet.

Lastly the reason he's aggressively asking Harry questions in the first place is because he's trying to determine whether he takes after his father or his mother. Lily was really good at Potions.

>using capslock to signify yelling

What was the point of posting this?

Old hags are disgusting, for lame adolescent boys that feel a need to settle.

realistically, would someone in Hanako's condition be able to have any kind of sex without it hurting?

oops wrong tab, mods delete please

I bet she was sniggering to herself while she was writing this too, "hohoho, they'll be studying this for years, YEARS!"

Even though she has just turned into a mindless progressive shitposter nowadays, the HP books were pretty neat as I was going up. Sadly she hadn't produced anything of value after that.

Damn...
Is Rowling the female Gene Wolfe?

Depends if her vagina was burnt too I guess? Then again, I'm pretty sure simply moving around is hell when you've suffered 3rd degree on 50% of your body so either she got used to it and having sex is no different in pain than general movement, or she's constantly doped up on painkillers in which case nothing really hurts. What I want to know is why are you still talking about KS 6 years after it got released?

Wolfe was a fan of the first book