Why do you read, user?

Why do you read, user?

It consoles me, and when I have children I want to have answers to give them, so that they don't struggle as much as I did when I was young.

Because I still have the hope that, if I'm smart and interesting enough, he'll want me.

so i can shut my thoughts

Jesus?

Because I'm bored and want to escape my boring, empty life.

i have an inexhaustible thirst for knowledge of everything, and books are the best place to go looking

To gain new perspectives.
I remember having hated reading when I was in my early teens, and I had even thought it was somewhat harmful to only ever learn through others whilst not learning and creating your own ideas from experience. I have had much trouble fleshing out my own ideas since, and while unable to talk to any person about my ideas, I now try to read.

Because I enjoy it

I think my "obsession" with reading started whit my father reading to me Treasure Island when I was like 5 or 6. He says that he used to read all kinds of books for me since I was a baby, but that is the first one I can remember... but now I suppose I read for the joy of learning stuff

To not become a waffle waitress

That's okay, user. Daddy issues were what motivated Kafka too.

For escapism, because I cannot stand to be alone with my mind, or fully present in my environment. Reading helps me take my mind off the things I'm worrying about, while I get to learn things that I consider interesting and beneficial to me. The problem is, I spend so much time reading that I rarely get to apply my knowledge, and since I don't talk to people much, books harm me more than help me most of the time. What I really want to do is leave home and just accept the consequences of life without complaint, wandering or being homeless, just living every part of life. Hermann Hesse's books were a big inspiration for this.

Because it I dropped my phone in the toilet so now I have nothing else to do while taking a shit.

Hidden bonus:
If I run out of toilet paper I can always use what I'm reading to wipe my ass.

>I should just get a bidet

For the same reason I write, escapism.

Lately, reading has been one of the few things that I genuinely enjoy, both while doing it and while reflecting on it.

>not jumping in the shower and using the massage setting on the shower head to blast your asshole clean and watch as the leftovers you would have smeared all over your crack plop on the ceramic tub and wash away often requiring the additional effort of kicking said turds toward the drain with your foot.

I read to learn shit

because I'm a retard and I think reading is a generally good way to "tune up" your brain. Kinda like playing an instrument as well

it's not. When you read you're letting someone else think for you. It's lazy. You're filling up your own thoughts with someone elses'.

Or you could just spread your legs.

only if you're a fucking sheep and don't know how to accept the good and reject the bad

O.k., Rabelais.

it makes me fel like im doing something good

It's fun.

Why don't you do it then?

I like getting to know new stuff.

You just have to take your clothes off, retard. Don't waste time.

Because I like it

gainz 4 the brainz breh

Because I don't want to think.

for the plot

Lmao if you are a girl just get naked, and if you are a faggot being smarter won't get his attention, you would have to improve in various aspects

So I can understand pop culture references and have something to do. And to bitch around on the Internet.

fun

>To gain new perspectives.
I don't understand this. Why are new perspectives good? Surely that is the true reason you read.

fun and learning, it's like traveling without having to move.

For what's in the books.

I like covers that are soft and hard at the same time, like in the pic

I like it soft and hard too.

A combination of a desire to learn everything and a deepening feeling that society will break down to venezuala levels and i'll have to fend for me family personally. So i spend my free time reading histories, botanical and home gardening books whilst shoehorning military history and war memoirs.

I have a job where I sit at a computer and do pretty mindless things all day. Audiobooks entertain me and keep me sane.