Are there any books that have the same vibe as Twin Peaks?

Are there any books that have the same vibe as Twin Peaks?

The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer by Mark Frost

How about something in a different universe?

Lynch is all-style no-substance shallow obscurantist fluff for pseuds who think art is about being wowed by surreal visual effects, so probably either Finnegans Wake or (depending on your opinion, and despite having some actual content to his fluff here and there by accident) Samuel Beckett, who incidentally sucked the dick of the guy who wrote Finnegans Wake.

You could also try Pynchon, if you want middlebrow shit that pseuds force themselves to think they like because they were told it's supposed to be prestigious.

I'm not necessarily looking for something I can wave around as "art". I'm looking for literature that has the same humor-drama-mystery clusterfuck that Twin Peaks flaunts. I could care less about the little "symbolic" details every person on some forum tries to decode. For me, it's the light-hearted comedic elements interloped with the suspense and drama not usually found in mixed together that I'd like to find in a book. Take your pseud-hunting brain out of your ass and realize that you can still enjoy something others, who you may not agree with, see as art.

I cannot imagine what kind of miserable schmuck you must be if you have to force yourself to love Pynchon, the most fun writer of all time.

Anyone who likes stuff you don't is just pretending and forcing themselves to? Really makes you think....

Murakami

Lol this. His work has his moments but the new Twin Peaks hasn't been noteworthy.

Outer Gateways by Kenneth Grant

>Lynch is all-style no-substance shallow obscurantist fluff

How the fuck can a film be "obscurantist"?

If you mean the nu-twinpeaks I agree.

If you mean the first 2 seasons you are delusional. Most of it was plot and character building

same person

No I'm not.

>doing this despite what year it is

>make accusation
>be wrong
>c-curent year

Surely this is bait, judging mainly by the authors you chose to mention. But I would like to address the point about Lynch as I'm much more capable of discussing film. You've never seen a Lynch film if you think he aims to "wow with surreal visual effects". Besides perhaps some twin peaks stuff, Lynch's focus is far from dazzling effects. First of all, film, unlike literature, has a predominant visual aspect. While many films are a vessel for storytelling, other directors choose to experiment with the endless ways those visual components (from editing to mise en scene) can evoke emotions in the viewer. Saying a film is all style no substance, that the creator is worried about wowing visually, is akin to criticizing a painter for worry about the visual aesthetic of his piece. A director, Lynch, has no responsibility to develop, by your definition, substance. When in fact his art is entirely substance, just not narratively focussed. And again, Lynch specifically is not as worried about beautiful visuals. In his art maybe, but not his films. Instead, he has decided to tackle the way tone can created within a film. Of course, Lynch has very strong narrative purpose as well, despite what you may see. But from the immensity and obscurity of Inland Empire, to the graphic imagery and confusing narrative structure of it and others, Lynch has always explored the way films can come across as dark and affecting on a subconscious level. It may not affect you and that's okay. But to ignore its purpose and write it and anyone who enjoys it off is extremely ignorant.

Maybe you could give this series a whirl, midwestern weirdness abounds in it.

got me

queer

I made none of those posts

samefag

not even a little bit, what the fuck are you thinking

The new Twin Peaks is much better than the old Twin Peaks

Check out the detective books by Pynchon

Season 1-2 or season 3? One is an actual story the other is constant red herrings and never going anywhere.

How did both of you write my comment???

>tfw the return somehow exceeded every expectation i ever had
it's brilliant. S01=S03>S02

LYNCHED

>a stemshit who demonstrates potential to someday escape replying to a fully-engaged and defenses erect stemshit

stop doing that, and stop writing that, you're on the right path but please take another look and take some more time before you waste your effort with thoughtless pronouncements aimed at the entirely dense.

dont get upset at me eithe because ive been on the same path aas you and i only wish you the best

L YNCH E D

What are you talking about? The new season is a pretentious piece of shit and if you like it you have to go back to your Starbucks in NYC

>using pretentious as a criticism on Veeky Forums of all places

Agreed. It's been about as perfect as a show could be. And it may be too late fore the medium of television, it may be too far shit, but the new season is one of the most important seasons of television ever made, as it is the most experimental and artistically inclined to date
It's not pretentious. I'm sure some of its fans are, but Lynch especially is a very sincere artist
I'm not sure exactly what you mean

Cooper will finally get his mind back tonight screencap this

both are a trip down the rabbit hole
weather induced by transcendental meditation or narcotics, the destination is the same

Next week. Eddie Vedder took a trip to Russia which confirms this.

What are some books with a character story on par with Cooper's in season 3? Specifically Cooper living as Dougie Jones, not the Mr. C stuff.

>pretentious
It's literally the opposite of pretentious; it is completely honest and open and accessible. Lynch has never tried to be anything he's not