Dinner Thread

What's for dinner Veeky Forums?

I ate dinner at one of my favorite Taiwanese cafes. Pic related is sticky rice with pork. Would you eat it?

Next up was a green onion pancake

That's a nice steaming log user.

looks like a dumped out can of dog food with pubes

would not eat

Spiced kelp

5 chile chili

And finally, curry fried chicken with rice and pickled vegetables

Oh! Pork floss! Always wanted to try that.

Ashens tried some on his channel (he hates everything that isn't English and boiled) but he actually enjoyed it!

That looks like a can of haggis topped with twine

These look delicious

carpet fibers

Everything looks good man. Nice restaurant

Looks good and woukd be comfy on a cold day like today. Nice pot too

it was quite tasty and it warmed me up on this cold day. pot was $17 from aldi. :)

The Asians didn't do a good job skinning that cat, user. they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

I need some pork floss in my life

>trying this hard to fit in

i was going to say this except there's a bunch of worn out dirty carpet fibers on top

It looks like cat fur you butthurt faggot.

it looks likes pieces of carpet, you downie. in what world does that look like cat fur?

the real world you basement dwelling retard.

looks nothing alike. keep trying though. you'll impress someone one day.

Nigga you delusional.
You must have been good at denial from all the years your parents have called you a loser and you refuse to believe it.

Your attempt at a "hurr durr chinese restaurants serve cat and dog" joke flopped. Just give it up

considering making the leftover osso buco for dinner, but i dont want to make any more dishes.
i also lack wine or stock to make another risotto and dont have pasta thicc enough to compliment osso bucco

Those things are so good.

What the fuck is going on with your tense consistency.

90's hiphop

I only have some remnants of my beef from dinner. My company was hungry tonight. It was originally a 3-rib frenched + cut and tied ribeye-filet roast. It was lathered with a light coating of bacon fat and was then coated with a traditional savory butcher herb blend.

>savory butcher herb blend
Just how savory was she? How did you apply the herbs?

Awww mom... catfood and hairballs for dinner AGAIN?! Shucks.

looks very nice user, what recipe did you use? Not sure how easy it will be to get veal shanks in Australia...

But you love catfood and hairballs you little faggot

I used beef shanks buddy.
Osso buco works with beef, veal, pork, lamb shanks
I used a recipe based off Food Wishes pork osso bucco but i added red wine and used beef shanks instead.

thanks mate, I'll give it a try!

Swordfish steaks with sauteed veggies and mashed potates
Turned out pretty fuggin good.

That's stew.

just some spaghett with pesto cream sauce and some bread with herbs and butter i slapped on. salad too. simple but good tbhfam

Some pizza with ham, shrimp, olives and asparagus.

Osso buco is amazing. I should make some again.
Add some buttery mashed potatoes and you're on your way to flavor town.

Leftover beef and barley stew that I made yesterday. Didn't have any stock, so I used some ale and red wine as the liquid. Came out great: the meat was tender, juicy, and flavorful, the liquid was delicious, and the barley was very wholesome and filling. The only bad part was that I oversalted the meat a bit, which in turn made the stew itself a bit salty. Was almost better the day after, to be honest.

I'd eat everything.
looks delicious

Your mom calls me stew.

It included various herbs- the typical thyme and rosemary combination along with marjoram, a bit of parsley, and some sage amongst other herbs. Of course, kosher salt and pepper were also applied.

The rub is formed by adding just enough olive oil in order for the herbs to become a pasty consistency. The paste sticks pretty well on its own, but I ended up using a light coating of bacon fat on the exterior of the meat in order to give it a better surface to adhere too. That, and bacon fat is an amazing flavor profile to add to a beef roast.

How do I get a strong tomato flavor out of rice?
I was adding some canned black eyed peas to some rice and I wasn't paying attention and it was canned with tomatoes and I can't stand the flavor.
Can you salvage it or am I just fucked.

Waiter, why is there hair on my cat vomit?

Original joke!

Made dumplings for hours and hours. Fucking sucks. But much cheaper and more delicious than buying premade. 4kg of pork.

Tell mom she has nice taste in doilies and china.
Also, move out of your mom's house. You look like you're in your 20's.

wedding ring in pic.
It's a new years tradition to make dumplings with your family. We all went to my mom's house

you fucking nigger stop posting this in every single thread

>It's a new years tradition to take dumps with your family.

is it wrong that im proud and want to share one of my best looking dishes with the world?

Im not that guy but I also.agree, it is a little much

yes it's pathetic

Which cafe? Is it in Taipei?

Pork floss is disgusting. It's like chewing fiberglass.

Thanks, friend :)

fair enough.
i should be content in my own ability.
but i've always been a show off.

I like your posts, CC
Never give up!!

It was CoCo's Cafe in Austin, TX

Didn't take any pics, but two medium-rare ribeye steaks pan-seared, with the juices reserved. Made a pan-sauce turned cream sauce because I was trying something.
mashed potatoes, were just there
asparagus was blanched then seared in the reserve juices from the steaks
Was decadent for myself and my husband.

Sounds nice! Love a good ribeye and I live for that spinalis/cap

Thank you very much sir

Norrländsk dopp i grytan with christmas ham and mustard

home made chicken noodle soup done with home made chicken stock.

nigger what?

Fry some onions in plenty of curry powder then stir that in maybe? If you really hate any tomato taste at all I think you're fucked.

Sticky rice, chicken from the bazaar and papaya salad.

That is looking really good though. Nice work

>home made chicken noodle soup done with home made chicken stock.

Who makes noodle soup without stock? you make teh stock anyways while cooking chicken you daft cunt
"home made dis homemad dat" if it aint homemade dont bother posting it.

>papaya
I've never understood this fruit. It tastes like hot garbage.

Papaya salad is made with green (not ripe) papaya. I don't like ripe papaya too.

Probably salmon pasta
Anyone has a good recipe that includes smoked salmon?

I moved out yesterday and this is the first thing I cooked here with all the ingridients bought myself.
>caramelized onions, potatoes, beans, eggs and corn salad + cheap wine
I really enjoy cooking so far.

forgot picture

Those are all side dishes at best, though I don't know if I would even categorize caramelized onions as a dish.

Bean soup made with the leftover bone from the New Years ham. Gonna be so good

Never mind, I don't know what the fuck that dish would even be called. "user's special pan of rando ingredients" maybe.

Yeah, I never went grocery shopping before and figured that this might taste good. And I did like it. I'll probably try out some other randoms before getting to real recipes.

>I never went grocery shopping before
How long have you been living in the jungle with your wolf family that raised you from birth?

My mommy or daddy always cooked for me and when left on my own, I never really went beyond scrambled eggs or toast.

Sounds pretty good user. Good luck with the cooking.

oh shush, that gave me a good chuckle

r8

Salmon rillettes is awesome, i usually use 2 or 3 parts poached salmon to 1 part smoked

Are you me? I'm using navy beans, house already smells amazing.

no it ain't you faggot. it was only half done when i snapped the pic. i simmered it for another 1-1/2 hours and it was fucken awesome

pics or it didn't happen

My new years resolution was to start cooking for myself again and get back into shape. Made to many potatoes but overall it was really good. Turns out asparagus is really fucking good. Is it supposed to be really soft after roasting in the oven for 13m or so?

>this feeds the manchild

Just some leftover chicken teriyaki I got yesterday.

that's what's up

You appear to be a home made moron that is easily triggered. Plenty of people use store bought stocks as shortcuts in a variety of dishes.

remove the packing material so we can see the garnish on top.

That looks like an expired MRE can of shit with insulation sprinkled on top.

this is not a taiwanese dish tho

t. taiwanese

looks decent user

They serve mainlt Taiwanese but also some other asian dishes

I'm still eating leftovers from New Year's Day. We had a big party and made a lot of food.

Ribeye, black eye peas, cabbage, potato gratin. Still tastes great.

It's cat puke on a carpet. You're both being stupid.