Al/ck/ thread

Alcoholism thread, snow and anhedonia edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Vitamin-B1-100mg-Thiamin-Thiamine-100-1000-Tablets-mosquito-energy-/291495312962
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/285513527
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/268137042
speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/8ne7m6jsyog1aocl
youtu.be/CxNxEn8gspE
youtube.com/watch?v=80jGSadccmY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I get more depressed as the days go by. Not sure how I will manage taking 6 classes+research in uni this term.

ONE WEEK SOBER

For those who have quit, how what was your B12 dose?

I'd recommend everyone ITT gets a motorbike.

You have no "muh danger" excuse. If you have a regular job, buy a Yamaha r3 and ride it to hell

Second last day of beer taper.

I take 300mg of B1, an a-z and a B complex. Costs fuck all...
ebay.co.uk/itm/Vitamin-B1-100mg-Thiamin-Thiamine-100-1000-Tablets-mosquito-energy-/291495312962
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/285513527
tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/268137042

What year were you born, Al/ck/?

>1991

1989 been drinking for a good 10 or 11 years. Currently going cold turkey.

good job anone

me too ethiope

the big 30 this year

Britlad? 30 on December 24th 2018

I too infrequent have a license.
I had something stupid like 14 motorbikes as a teen though, and had a CBR900 until 2016 when I was b& again for dui.

not british tbqhfemme. just remember your face from former threads

I never got a license because I was already a drunk before I became driving age.

I was so wrecked on Valium during my first driving test that I drove the wrong way down a one way street, then almost crashed into a roundabout

I have a weird drinking problem. I seem to have certain situations that make me get black out drunk. Basically I can't drink in bars/clubs otherwise I won't be able to control how much I drink. At home though, I can control it. I can drink like 8 beers and decide enough is enough and go to bed.

What do you guys think? Basically I'm not going to go out and drink, it causes a lit of problems for me and I think it's best I just avoid bars and clubs from now on. Pretty shit but it's probably for the best.

tell us about the good old days grandpa

social anxiety comes to mind

i was the same and now i drink alone and have no friends. would not recommend

I black out at 4 beers sometimes. Yet I can drink a fifth in a night and function well enough. Lose memory as if my mind is trying to save me from how slippery I get drunk.

I'll go through my chat logs the day after if I'm at home and I'll have had coherent conversations. I don't know why I lose memory. But every now and then I act possessed and scare the shit out of my friends. My blackouts don't really discriminate. I guess my mind just doesn't permit me to remember for some reason.

:3 what's your favorite band lad

What are the legal drinking and driving ages in your country?

Or go party and be designated driver. Don't drink, don't make a fool of yourself, can pick up girls without puking in their cleavage, and have an excuse. Even free non-alcoholic drinks in some places.

current93 desu

I bought 3 fifths on Friday & now they're all gone. I blacked out so hard and woke up like melted. My body is really drunk like super intense feels good.

I'm really just about to stop though my withdrawls suck

Drinking: 16
Driving: 18

craigslist gay sex guy here
still half cant believe i did it
want more tho

COIL

Probably also going to die of an unfortunate falling accident from an unremarkable height too.

go get em champ

do you guys consider yourself black?

Drinking problem - Midland

Not sure if I should try to stop drinking tomorrow, or after the NFL playoffs are over. I take a couple of months off each year to try to moderate my drinking after, and it always comes back because of a tragedy or just work.

It's just so hard to skip hitting the bar with your pals to watch football on the weekends, you know?

I can't trust myself to not drink. Also it looks pretty weird when you drink at home but as a rule don't drink in bars. The only reason I drank anyway was because sometimes I bring girls home.

That's pretty weird. Maybe you had an empty stomach or didn't have much sleep. If I drank four beers in less than an hour I think i might be blacked out. One time I blacked out and I managed to go back to a hot girl's house. I knew she was hot because I saw her in the morning. Thing is, I woke up scared as fuck because I didn't realise I wasn't at my home. Sometimes people are surprised when I tell them I was black out, other times they really aren't. Idk how it goes.

Finally managing to get some food down after projectile vomiting stomach bile into my bathroom sink. Christ that shit tastes terrible and recks your mouth.

what are you eating user

You can say you're too cheap to drink at bars.

It's pretty hit and miss, might be food related, but the only good explanation I have is dissociative identity disorder, and alcohol makes it easier to access the other identities which I can't really get to unless I am not 'there' for the show.

I turn into a totally different person. Bold, magnanimous, I get girls into bed. Not like me.

Just some plain chips and crackers. I needed to get something in me fast.

Lol yes. I have all sorts of racial weirdness having grown up in Ellijay, Georgia; Beirut, Lebanon; and Manhattan but I have come at 29 years old to accept who I am. Admittedly it was tough

I've been told I can either be a bitch, I'm talkative or I'm just overly emotional.

solid choice

Or you're just more sensitive to black out. It may be a problem, it can fuck with your memory on the long term.
Take vitamins and zinc and stuff.

Wow that's such an incredibly gay band thanks user

I'm told I'm more fun than regular me, that I am provocative, or that I act like the girl from the exorcist. It's a toss up!

>tfw I always feel better after eating on these days, yet it always takes me all day to convince myself to get up and do it

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/8ne7m6jsyog1aocl

Sounds like myself. I'm a lot more assertive/aggressive when I'm drunk. This helps me pull girls, but this also gets me into fights when I'm far too drunk to put up a fight.. flailing my arms round like a fucking retard lol. I couldn't show my face in a local town for a week because I got into a fight. More out of embarrassment than being afraid of seeing the guy again, if I'd even recognise him when I saw him. Part of the reason I'm quitting bars/clubs, one of these days I'm gonna pick a fight with the wrong guy.

I'm weak-willed. I vow to be teetotal one minute and the next I'm smoking, drinking and taking drugs

the worst thing i ever ate on an empty stomach was blue cheese and i fucking vomited for a solid 10 minutes

Same

That sounds fucking awful.

>liquor store closed on Sundays
>liquor stores apparently all required by law to close on New year's day

Horse shit. I had to drive across state lines because I didn't know about the new year's day law and wasn't prepared.

The thing is due to lifestyle I do go through periods of good food and supps, and it hits me right after that during a bender, and been that way since the start of my al/ck/ career as a teenager. You think it is suggestive of long term damage or susceptibility to long term damage? My memory has always been like a sieve, that's worrisome...

I don't remember it but I was walking around downtown with a couple guys about 1.5x my size and I rambled something like "motherfucker did someone order a pizza party" then I punched him in the eye and nothing came of it. Most times I just antagonize women, not even insult or abuse, I just say something I know will make them mad then double down until shitstorm.

What sorta music do you listen to then?

You've never celebrates New Years drunk before?

>tfw the bartender asks if "you're thirsty" after slamming back the first beer

just shut the fuck up and pour another. You're a bartender not a fucking priest.

This song is incredible

youtu.be/CxNxEn8gspE

i fucking love this song. 14 gears is another great one.

Kinda stick to dissonant stuff for the most part.
Also like some entry level hipster stuff like Tame Impala and Animal Collective, lame I know, but I enjoy it.

My coming out song, haha. Good taste (:

>alcohol interferes with medication
>withdrawals interfere with disease
>get fucking wasted New Years Eve
>need to nurse what very little liquor I have left
Fuck living rural.

is meditation a meme or what

Just gave current93 a listen...I'm at a loss for words...

You gotta be sober first. I did it when I was sober and it made a big difference.

what source did you use to learn it?

neutral milk hotel is the greatest band of all time. my gf is a graphic designer and for christmas she made me a stylized lyric drawing. I'm going to marry that girl.

Yeah. Being adept at ignoring negative thoughts is not the best way to go imo. It might seem nice but it's a double edged sword. You will never be individuated, your personality will be undeveloped.

No it's effective and helps one into life, but it accomplishes generally the opposite of booze so you kind of have to want to live to even go there imo

Mindfulness meditation is a real thing that helps with anxiety and stuff, but there are many charlatan.

I went to a shambhala buddhist center and learned from their free lessons.idk where you live but shambala is pretty cool.

2000 , new years day
legal to post now

Meditation is a great way of relaxing without the grogginess of napping, and staying somewhat aware while resting. Once you learn to let the world go, you can spend hours not staring at the wall, but into nothing. Even with color, movement, and sound the world can be more empty than you might ever imagine. But you can come back anytime you want.

It's great for sickness and tension.

teach me user

Meditation is really just another drug. Sure it's great to be able to make yourself feel relaxed but where is the end point? Ignoring problems is dangerous in each of its forms. I'd advise people to man up and face what it is that is making them feel so bad. You will be better off for it.

emptiness took me a long while to understand, and even understanding it isn't actually knowledge of it. words only lead the way.

i don't think you did it right

You realize that meditation is synonymous with contemplation, or examination, right? It can be simply mulling over something, or nothing, or just focus. Even without the Eastern spiritual connotations it can easily just be focusing on one thing at a time.

fuck it i'm going back to AA.

it felt like home and i left it

Learn to sit in a comfortable position without fidgeting or feeling sore. Stretching beforehand is not only fine, but encouraged when you first start learning. Remove personal distractions like hunger, thirst, or needing to take a piss. Internal distractions can be harder to ignore than anything else. Sit on a pillow if a floor at first gives you pain.

Focus on a point on the wall. Ignore everything else. There is smell, there is sound, there is the feeling of the air around you, there is movement and color; they are irrelevant but you are somewhat aware of them.

After many months, do the same, but now that wall is insignificant. As are your pains, doubts, thoughts. For hours there is a void, and you will feel comfort when you return. It sounds like hippie bullshit but it works after you've slowly learned it other at least half a year. Don't jump to the last step and think you can be physically dis-attached while someone drives a drill-bit in your knee.

Tapering is getting easier finishing on day three.
I actually cleaned myself up ,shave n shower and everything and even ate a decent bit.
Only had 7-8 , 5.9% natural ice beers in the past 14 hours.
and even took two 30 min naps.
I look 10x better already.
Just went and bought an 18case of 4.3% beer.
In 3 days went from 25-30 beers to 15-20
and today I will finish off the last of day 3 (8 hours left) with hopefully just 3-4 more. to make a total of 10-12 beers

This taper was gonna be fast and exponential and it is working finally. Not too shabby.
And I should still have enough beer for 1.5 or hopefully more days.

I am thinking by tomorrow the blood pressure problems will finally lighten up.

Tapering works boys, as long as you aint trying to taper off with strong beer. You will get full off the beer before you ever catch a buzz and vomit long before you get drunk.

>I am thinking by tomorrow the blood pressure problems will finally lighten up
I've never really understood how to detect blood pressure problems without a doctors visit. There aren't physical symptoms are there? All I notice is a racing heart when I cut back, so I have a beer to lower my pulse.

Sorry, maybe I should be criticizing mindfulness; which is basically ignoring negative thoughts and emotions. I mean sure we all meditate in that regard, I do myself. That's how I keep myself amused when I'm doing something boring - I think deeply about my life, a band I like or a movie or whatever. Passes the time until I want to check what time it is.

>getting married

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

My favourite meditation is to picture a white screen, and every time I breathe in, sand blows in and covers the screen, and out, and the screen becomes clear again. It's a very un-obtrusive visualization, just substantial enough to retain attention, but minimalist enough to keep clear thoughts.

thanks for the tips dude. any books you would recommend?

>so I have a beer to lower my pulse.

i fucking hate this feeling. There's a definite point when you wake upand the booze wears off and you feel it in your heart. My blood pressure is total trash when i'm not drunk. It's actually better when i'm drinking.

also, i don't have a single wall in my house that doesn't have a pattern on it. is that okay?

eh hopefully i clean up soon. I love her and she's super into me. idk why. im a drunk fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=80jGSadccmY

this man.

he was one of us too. He literally drove drunk into a joke shop and got paralyzed. Very good writer. His stuff on crazy wisdom is neat and inspiring.

New Year's was a bust, but that's to be expected.
Tonight's been alright so far; met my quota and don't plan to pass it.
Got a Birthday coming up, but I plan on hiking that day so no over indulging.
Eating right, drinking lots of water, and only trying to drink enough to keep the shakes off.

Had a bad experience in the car driving home from work today; shakes like hell. Hoping to get over them soon.

>two shots

Pick a spot. The spot doesn't matter. Eventually it it'll be there but you're not focusing on it.

No it shouldn't matter. You're trying to ignore outside influence, not mentally bore a hole.

Just enough to keep the DTs off brother. One before dinner, one before bed is what I'm planning.

not to be a dick, but at two shots a day wouldn't the DT's be well gone? that's normie drinking levels, not doubting where you were at of course, but why do them at that point.

Racing heart, chest visibly thumping, wounds arent clotting correctly. Nose just starts gushing blood at random.
The racing heart and pounding chest is distracting and it can get so bad that your vision distorts at the edges every heartbeat due to pressure behind your eyes.

Your body gets so used to the sedative effects of alcohol as a downer that eventually your body doesnt get too terribly sedated from it and even when hammered your heartrate and pulse is normal. THEN when you arent drinking it raises way higher than it should because it forgot that you arent under the effects of a sedative and continues to overcompensate raising your circulatory system to mach 5.
Compounded with the nervous/brain shock of not being sedated it is a recipe for CRAZY levels of panic.

Alcohol wd's are not a meme.
I hate that the other day, I got a call from a random friend I barely knew and he tried to stage a phonecall intervention talking about "just quit cold turkey , i did"
WELL nigga you only drank maybe a six-pack a night for a few months. This is totally different

It's the same with my boyfriend. He's super into me which makes me drinking feel horrible. I feel like a terrible person for putting him through that shit.

once you get in deep cold turkey isn't an option.

are you a femanon or gay? Tbh I really don't do anything bad. I drink like a fish but she very rarely has seen it. The worst she might get is some speech about how True Detective is the most real show in the past 10 years.

I gotta quit. Where do I start? I taper every weekend but it's getting worse and worse.

I woke up today and thought I was dying. I can't do this anymore.

Because it's all about the wean. Tapering off even at low levels is important. You see it all the time with opiates and benzos. Literally just enough that your body gets a fix, but not enough to do any real damage.

I'm female. I've been drinking like crazy for like 11 years and he's watched me go through a lot of bullshit with my drinking. I mean, that said I'm pretty tame compared to a lot of people here.