prolly best if you stay out of the kitchen

mayo on the outside, american cheese and bacon on the inside. grill

I only have a microwave

fire up the grill
put a slice of your favorite type of cheese on grill
wait 10 minutes
bone apple tea

jesus christ, favreau. it's just a grilled cheese

Why do Americans have to put mayo on everything?
This.

Don't forgot the tomatoes
>inb4 meltautist spergs out and calls it a tomato melt and not a true grilled cheese or something

Kill self

What kind of silly fuck puts tomatoes on a grilled cheese? That sounds messy and gross.

Same reason people dunk their grilled cheese in tomato soup, because tomato and cheese goes fucking well together.

Not sure how it is messy, unless you are a slob who needs a bib.

>mayo
What? I thought you're supposed to use butter

Some people use mayo and claim it tastes better. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe when I'm off this restricted diet (medical reasons) next week, I'll try it.

yeah you do use butter. ignore the American

Ok reddit

Butter 2 pieces of bread generously. Put 1 slice buttered side down in a pan on medium low heat. Add in the cheese. The best in my opinion is sharp cheddar or gruyere. You could play around and combine various ones. Provolone is great. Add black pepper if you want. Then put the other slice on top buttered slice up. You want the sandwich to cook slow so the bread doesn't burn and a golden brown colour is there. Flip it over and do the same thing. And wa la delicious sandwich pepper bread melt served with katschup and fries, potato chips n onion rings

It's VOILA you ignorant fucking retard. Jesus the absolute state of education.

Don't bother. It isn't as good as butter.

It makes them slightly crispier than butter, but the flavor is way off.

its a meme you dip

stop shitposting

Alton Brown has it best on Youtube.

He's mostly competent but his Spanish and Mexican recipes are fucking trash.

grill cheese

Soften the butter in the microwave first if it not soft enough to spread in 15-20 second intervals (depending on how much you are making).

Grate the cheese (coarse is fine) with a box grater or something like that.

Spread the butter on both side of a pan.

Put one slice in the pan, top with cheese, then put the other slice of bread in the pan.

Turn the heat to medium low, you will find what works. Set a timer for 5 minutes, and each five minutes flip it until it is brown to your liking.

True, I only like him for American recipes, especially southern ones

Yeah he's the go-to guy for Southern dishes.

t. Southern user

ive used garlic mayo before and it turns out pretty damn good. it made the outside taste like garlic bread

You can do that with butter too, though.

>there are runtoids in this thread that don't toast the cheese side of the bread first
Sad.

>ctrl + f "jesus"
>first result
Got what I came here for.

If you out mayo on the outside you are fucking disgusting

I've mixed a tiny bit of mayo with the butter a couple times. It's more crispy and you can leave it over the heat longer, doesn't really affect flavor. Picked up the tip from some guy that runs a grilled cheese truck.

Another vote for Mayo.

Put cheese on a grill

I wish I could afford cheese.

Wishing aint gonna do you much

user spittin mad truths ya'll nigger refuse to hear

I hate the smell of grilled cheese being made.

Just make a bechamel/soubise sauce and season it with lemon juice, salt, and generic italian seasoning. Works well enough for pasta and still hits those cheesy notes. If it's available near you (here it is very cheap), tapioca starch blended with the bechamel and cooked will become stringy/stretchy like melted cheese, and in fact this is what most of those 'vegan cheeses' are made of.

t.Frenchfag who always has cheese in the fridge really feels sorry for you.
How much does (real) cheese coast where you live?

*cost

mayo is a fine substitute

there is a post credits scene where a chef teaches him how to make the grilled cheese kek.

the whole movie was shit.

mayo on the outside, mayo and mayo on the inside, heat in the microwave for 45 seconds.

this is what I was imagining when I read. Then I thought how it would suck to be poor and I would immediately try to find ways out of poverty if it were to happen to me.

Was it autism?

goddamn what a dumb idea