Do people unironically like this stuff or just pretend to/force themselves to like with beer?

Do people unironically like this stuff or just pretend to/force themselves to like with beer?
it's literally just white rice with tasteless raw fish on it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0b75cl4-qRE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got addicted to it last month. Probably spent $500 on sushi in Nov-Dec

>tastebuds fried to hell
>doesnt notice anything but fat and sugar

retard

>Do people unironically like beer? It's literally just bitter piss water
That's what you sound like, OP.

Weak, weak bait. Yes, of course people like it.

lemme guess, my tastebuds are too fried to understand the taste of pic related?

It's perfect if you're not looking for something with overpowering flavors that makes you feel like a whale after eating. The point of sushi is to be incredibly simple so of course if you're craving a basket of wings or pasta you won't be satisfied with it.

Do people unironically like food, or just pretend to/force themselves to like with water?
It's literally just organic molecules with tasteless carbon in them.

that's pretty much what i meant

That's why you eat it with soy sauce and wasabi. Also most sushi places in the US suck. The fresher the fish the better it'll taste. And this is coming from someone raised on extremely salty and spicy foods.

fair enough.
but why is it that people can charge you 500 dollars for incredibly simple food

they opened one here this summer, my SJW sister forced our whole family to go for “cultural enrichment”. she kept getting mad because we made some jokes about eating cats and said we were racist and it’s not ok to be white. then the food came and it costed over $500 and we were still so hungry we stopped at zaxbys on the way home. it’s a fucking scam that only dumb libshit hipsters like my sister fall for.

Because people will pay that much for it. Learn economics before posting again, retard.

>That's why you eat it with soy sauce and wasabi.
I don't, I enjoy the taste of sticky rice and salmon. I put wasabi on some of the less delicious fish though, like tuna.
Good salmon sushi is the best experience I can regularly have in my mouth.

because the average midwestern joe cant go out and catch shrimp and fish for dinner

>Because people will pay that much for it.
For what reason?

true but couldn't you just go to your local grocery store and buy a fish and slam it on a pad of rice for 1000000000000000000000000000x less

Craftsmanship, prestige, rare and costly ingredients.
You can also just go to a sushi-go-round and pay like $3 instead.
This is like saying that since Château Lafite exists, all wine is a rip off (even though a $5 bottle of wine is some of the cheapest drinkable alcohol you can buy).

That's the whitest dish I've ever seen.

It's like buying art or an experience. It's something rich people do to brag to other rich people, and especially something new-money lower class people do to try to seem like they fit in with the rich.

Not if you live in the midwest. But if you live somewhere with high quality fresh fish available, yes, you can do that. It's not as good because you probably can't make sticky rice properly or slice the fish without mangling it.

do us a favor and kill yourself op

Stick to mcdonalds amerilard

>im 15 and i just had sushi for the first time, confirm my taste and validate my ego for me please
It's good; improve your palette while you stop posting until you're 18.

>comparing boiled vegetables and chicken to sushi
I'm out. Bait thread or legitimately mentally handicapped.

but that's an objectively correct comparison

fair enough

I like it well enough, and Ill eat it if its in front of me. I agree that sushi is massively overrated and the majority of people who eat it are only doing so for the gastronomic novelty of rice, crunchy bits, and some kind of mayo all packaged together. Its like pop music: its designed to be pleasing to the palate, but is not challenging or complex in any way. However, that doesnt mean just anybody can make it, or that you cant be a snob and still appreciate it.

you have to follow the proper technique.
youtube.com/watch?v=0b75cl4-qRE

I only eat sushi because i always get at least $1000 worth comped at hotels I stay at

Jiro Dreams of Stupid Flyover State Morons.

but sushi is the opposite of this.

I don’t understand

But it isn't tasteless user.

not everyone is poor and works at taco bell

Its literally just pretention. There is unironically little more to it than that. You can go buy mass produced $2 restuarant sushi and if the chef is decent it wont taste much different because its literally not even being cooked. Raw fish on rice is raw fish on rice.

Boiled carrots have more and better flavour than rice and raw fish

can you hook me up with her

I dont eat sea roaches with starch so I dont know what it tastes like

That's because you were born into poverty and ignorance. That's just want rural America was and is. You're probably afraid of garlic and cayenne pepper. Poor people are scared of everything and don't advance very far in life before they end up dying in the same place they grew up.

Carrots and sweat peas are very sugary. Thats why they are the prefered veggies for toddlers.

Toddlers, people who live in 1950's tv dinner world and generic underachiever or "blue collar" worlds. They need the calories while not confusing them for their world a day world.

>found the boomer.

I can get two large pieces of salmon sushi for 1.75 at the place I go to.
It's cheaper than McNuggets, tastes better, and is healthier.

I used to like sushi but then I ate like 18 different kinds of it at once and got horrible food poisoning

Sushi is the one kind of food that I've gotten food poisoning from but still been able to eat afterwards.

>tasteless fish
Ah i see you're a man of plebeian as well

for me personally, the fact that sushi doesn't have a strong taste to it (with the exception of fattier cuts of meat like eel, salmon and fatty tuna) is a main reason why I eat it. I hate the taste of cooked fish, and sushi gives me the opportunity to reap the health benefits of occasionally consuming fish, without having to deal with a taste that I dislike. Besides, while many types don't have a strong taste to them, it's not like they have no flavour whatsoever. You should try enjoying more subtle foods sometime, user.

>Also most sushi places in the US suck. The fresher the fish the better it'll taste.
This is where you're wrong, retard. Sushi is made from deliberately aged fish.

Jap style sushi is usually pretty boring; I end up drowning it in soya and wasabi to give it flavour.

I do fucking love Korean kimbop though.

Back to /tv/

Found the pretentious millenial who thinks raw fish is a culinary masterpiece.

>sushi is pretentious
Maybe in your trailer park it is, Billy Bob. Btw say "hey" to your sisterfuck, Bobby Sue and her bf Tyrone, for me.

Salmon sushi is so fucking addicting. It just melts in your mouth with a liiiiiittle bit of a dip in the soy sauce, oh my god kill me.
These, and simple avocado rolls. I will gorge myself on those two things. I actually gained like 10 lbs from binging on avocado rolls a few years ago. No regrets

Those are things I CAN do tho

I like sushi, but this is absolutely true.

Do you not like the taste of fish? Fish is my first favorite meat followed by pork and then beef after is turkey. Fuck chicken unless its fried or has a tasty ass sauce like chicken and riesling.

>All this salt

/thread

>I hate the taste of cooked fish

Why are you posting here? No one gives a shit about anything you might have to say

wtf i love sushi now

>that pic

Americans are fucking disgusting

>comped

Try sashimi. The rice ruins it in my opinion. Raw fish has very subtle but amazing flavor. Rice mostly covers up the flavor and it doesn’t even taste good. I think the sushi rice meme started with fatasses who need their carb fix.

A place within walking distance of my house serves BBQ sushi as an appetizer or entree to the rest of their food. Which in general is pretty good

Anyways it's sushi rice wrapped around pulled pork. Haven't had it since the guy who owns the place gave me a plate to test it for him, but I remember it has sauce on it. I want to say it's BBQ sauce or a spicy sauce you usually put on sushi, as well as some other little toppings that have faded entirely from my memory. Not as bad as you'd expect,

They call it the Sushi Q

They also have a burger that's like over a foot tall and filled with barbecued meats and other delights.

Ah, america

>Sushi Q
OH! I GET IT! IT'S LIKE THAT CREEDENCE CLEARWATER SONG HAHA
How clever.

You are ignorant. Good sushi is all about selecting good fish and knowing which parts of the fish to use. Cheap sushi is just blocks of random fish sliced up into strips. That being said, there is likely very little or no difference between cheap sushi and midrange sushi. You will probably have to pay quite a lot to get sushi that is of significantly higher quality.

Sushi is one of the most pretentious foods on earth m8. Your paying hundreds of dollars for uncooked fish placed on top of one of the cheapest foods on earth. You literally don't need to know how to cook to make sushi. You can give any dumfuck some raw fish and rice and they'll be slapping together ugly sushi in no time that tastes virtually identical to anything jiro makes.

the entirety of the profession is finding fresh ingredients making it look good, and I actually respect the effort involved in that, but it is not a culinary masterpiece in any way and is only worth hundreds of dollars because new rich idiots are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on $20 worth of raw fish on some sticky rice.

The point is that even high end sushi tastes virtually the same and you are only paying said hundred dollar prices to feel wealthy. Sushi is little more than art in food form that gullible idiots over pay for to make them feel sophisticated.

That looks incredibly bland.

Careful you don't get mercury poison, bub.

Bet you wish it was drenched in sauce don't you, dirty shitskin. How's it feel to be subhuman? You're fucking trash. white power! Fucking paki kys

salmon is a pretty boring topping to be honest.
Unagi is where its at.

>Unagi is where its at.
Just call it eel you pretentious faggot.

It differentiates between freshwater and saltwater eel. You stupid cunt. Uncultured fucking tard

Then say Freshwater eel you fucking mong.

>Your paying hundreds of dollars for uncooked fish placed on top of one of the cheapest foods on earth.

It's $8 for a premade tray at the gas station.

>It's $8 for a premade tray at the gas station.
tastes the same too.

Why? You're so fucking stupid, Jesus Christ. American no doubt. Laughable.

>fucking stupid
Says the guy who couldn't come up with a way to say "freshwater eel" in english.
LOL, stay illiterate.

This

The amount of vinegar in the rice. The size of the piece of fish and the way it's cut. The fish to rice ratio. The amount of wasabi the chef chooses to put on. All major factors.

>All major factors.
That can be learned in a week.

I'm fluent in Japanese lad but yeah keep trying to insult my intelligance. Also I'm not even the guy who said unagi I'm just pointing out that you're a retard for crying about it.

Either way, it's not a meme. Find that balance and the subtle flavors are amazing. That was the question wasn't it?

>I'm fluent in Japanese
Doesn't do shit on an English imageboard does it, bub? Stay stupid, mongoloid.

Fuck are you on about retard? Where do you live cunt. Bet you're a southern fairy aren't you.

I am sure your sword work and calligraphy is also tip top, you fucking nerd.

>chef putting wasabi on the sushi

disgusting, might as well have the chef dip it in soy sauce for you as well

I don't think it can even legally be called sushi at that point.

You're a mom right?

Well you're dumb

Retarded weebs that don't know fat has very little flavor and actually is there to carry flavors.
sushi weebs are the worst.

do you ask for your chef to put ketchup on your fries when you are at a burger joint as well?
Wasabi is a fucking condiment and the chef should not be putting it on your sushi.

It's just the same guy trolling

You're an idiot. Have you ever had sushi at a sushi bar or do you just pick it up at the gas station?

I prefer to be comped.
Also:
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE I DON'T LIKE IT! WHY DO YOU LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE! REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I grew up in Japan and have never had a chef put wasabi on my sushi

You grew up in Oklahoma and every chef uses wasabi when putting together their nigiri. The idea is for you to lightly dip in soy and or enjoy it as is in one bite

Not only do sushi chefs not cook well, they even make you finish the dish?

WTF How can they get by with this?