Sorry minimum is 5 dollars

I hate these fucking faggots. has anyone walked into a convenience store to buy a pack of gum or a hotdog with your credit card and the faggot cashier tells you this?

they refuse service and these places need to be shut down

share your stories

yes happened to me recently. I wanted to buy a fucking chocolate bar and it was 2 dollars but the minimum was five bucks. so I walked away and the bitch chink nigga said ok ok I charge you extra fifty cents for credit card transaction .

so these filthy fuckers make their money from stealing a little extra from you just because you're using a credit card form of payment. hate these fuckers

Listen up you honkey cracker barrel claim jumper wops, gringos, goombas and gabachos, haoles, bules and last but not least; krauts.

Get the fuck out my fucking store.

>go grab more product
>let them ring it up
>"ah nevermind"
>walk away in the middle of transaction

>blaming the cashier and not the company

Not sure why you are offended.
It's the store's response to a per transaction fee imposed by the companies that process credit card transactions.
The proprietor has concluded that he loses more money in transaction fees on small purchases than he loses by spergs like you walking out.

It isn't some company. It's some sand trekking bag of dicks trying to out Jew the Jews.

i've never been outright declined i don't think, but i have gone to places that will put .50 on your card if you don't meet a minimum. i think the highest i've seen was $7 (which is a bit ridiculous imo, but it was a food joint, not a corner store). fortunately, these places usually put a sign on or near the register indicating this

You do realize the profit margin on convenience store items is extremely low, right? This, coupled with the outrageous fees credit card companies charge stores, just to process transactions, makes business difficult...

Big convenience chains like seven eleven skirt some of this due to scale. They have reduced fees compared to the average mom and pop shop because they are producing a high volume of transactions. Little guys have to pay out the ass and are being up front with the monetary value they need to hit to be sustainable. Boo hoo... Pay the fiver or shop somewhere else.

They are not required to take your money. Hell theyre not required to take greenbacks for anything other than debts.

A lot of the Chinese places in Jersey have a $10 minimum on cards which is fucking ridiculous. Per-transaction card fees for merchants are never more than a few cents.

Here in Britland the extra charge is being dropped by force of law this month I think

I had this happen to me while paying with cash

>not just buying multiple candy bars to make up the difference

>charging you extra for something you a) don't need, b) can get somewhere else without paying an extra charge [and thus helping the capitalism system work better] and c) are not forced to buy, is somehow stealing

>Stores should be forced to lose money on credit card fees for my convenience

No

>A lot of the Chinese places in Jersey have a $10 minimum on cards which is fucking ridiculous. Per-transaction card fees for merchants are never more than a few cents.

And if you're buying $5 worth of goods they're only making a few cents, so the transaction costs end up costing them money.

>You're wrong, they make more than a one cent per dollar

They don't. You would not *believe* how thin the margins are on this.

the patrician's response

Costs them a dollar to conduct a credit card payment. You buying a pack of gum on your card would lose them 30c, why should they do that?

>not carrying at least $200 of cash with you
afraid of getting robbed, soyboy?

Its not about the shop but the credit card company and the limit they set you fucking retard.
Maybe ust carry some loose change and 1-2 bills in your fucking pocket like a grown up.

its always places owned by immigrants

Probably, unless they're native americans.

That makes no sense.

my college bookstore did this. I just wanted to buy sandwiches there but I had to get water every time as well to make the 5 dollar mark

I've never once encountered this.
Try not living around blacks/browns.

The Browns have been my neighbors for 30 years and they've always been upstanding folks. In fact I would consider Mr. and Mrs. Brown to have become two of my closest friends over the years, and their children are some of the finest young people I know. I'm not going to move just because some burn out on Veeky Forums told me to.

quit going to ghetto gas stations. only places i have ever encountered this are low income areas.

Theres a smalltown grocery store here, its a 25 dollar minimum purchase to use your debit card. I dont think there is a minimum for cash though. Pisses me off to no end, I never keep cash on me.

if your margins are small you don't take credit cards because the merchant fee's eat a lot of your profits.

wholesale cost of item 100. you sell for 150. credit card takes 2% of the 150. 3 dollars. your wholesale cost + rent + labor + tax + utilities adds, let's say 20dollars to the cost of the item sold. so you sell for 150, minus 120 in cost, yields 30 profit. but the credit card fee is 2% of the sale cost, so -3 of your profits. there, processing credit cards is 10% of your take home profits. unless the cards are drawing in business that would yield more then 10% of your base profits, it's not worth it if you are small time.

This doesn't make any sense. If the processing fee is 2%, what does it matter if it's on 30 cent pack of gum or $5, it's still 2% you god damn brainlet shop owners, they'd rather have no profit than some profit that's why their business will fail as I walk out the door. You can't run from percentages, it's not a flat rate.

there is a flat transaction fee per use charged to the merchant + a percentage.

omg such a funny post. i've never read such wit before. I think i just orgasmed from reading your intellectual post. please don't move. just fucking kill yourself you waste of human dna

finally someone with a clue in the thread. dont complain to the shopowners, complain about the margins

What is wrong with carrying cash?

you don't like being tracked? you got something to hide.

This is why people tell reditors to fuck off. Because you are not funny

this shit is now illegal in australia, thank fuck. only inbred americucks use cash, actual humans use contact payment, no pin, no signature

Get off the internet, please.

Only soyboys use "contact payment". Fucking faggot bet your arms are like twigs. Australian lmao I could crush your skull into dust

They're charged $5 per cc transaction, aren't they? This policy seems more than reasonable to me.

Oh shit, I triggered the amerimutt, I'd better watch out, it might impotently project it's insecurities onto me.
You dumb cunts still haven't figured out chip and pin yet, no wonder you're so hostile towards yet another innovation.

in some cases the profit they make off items like candy bars, etc is just a few cents

English mate. Australians are fucking nothing. Lower than Americans and that's saying something

Probably a new guy that was improperly trained.

>implying being a poofter pom is better than being a yank
>implying you're not just some fresh off the boat "refugee" having a giggle whilst raping some natives

>t. worst Korean

>they refuse service and these places need to be shut down

We own a small grocery shop in a ghetto area and my racist dad always makes me follow the blacks around the store to keep an eye on them.

I hate him every time he tells me this because he sounds racist as fuck, but I usually end up catching a couple of the black kids trying to pocket some goods and run out.

I don't know If i'm angry at my father for being such an Asian stereotype or mad at the black kids for constantly proving him right...

>using your card to buy chocolate or gum

niggers gonna nig

.t highschool

buy 100 bottles/cans of beverage. charge 150% markup at minimum "wahhh out profit margin is lowwwwww"

They're more than doubling their money on drinks alone, nevermind cigs and lotto tickets and shit. Paki store owner near me literally owns 3 houses

>feeding yourself shitty high-calorie junk food with little to no nutritional value
are you sure you're not american?

Those dirty pakis always have their poo-coloured fingers in a load of dirty little pies. Fucking leeches

>I don't know If i'm angry at my father for being such an Asian stereotype or mad at the black kids for constantly proving him right...

btw... my dad's shop in in West Oakland where the police has essentially given up patrols because the BLM blacks will riot if the cops arrested any of these kids/thieves.

So the cowardly cops turn a blind eye to all the comes. They figure if BLM is constantly harassing the police then let the animals murder each other and destroy their own neighborhoods.

And that's where we are... w Oaktown is a shit hole now... worse than ever.

lmao

>>feeding yourself shitty high-calorie junk food with little to no nutritional value
You're literally describing chocolate.

And btw, the reasons we don't allow sub $5 credit card paymets:

1) in the ghetto, blacks often try to use stolen credit cards on micro transactions to see if it's clean. grocery, gas, etc... So this is a major security requirement.

2) We get charged anywhere from 2% to 3% for each credit transaction because our volume is tiny. Since our margin is only 4% or so, that fucks us for any small purchases.

>huuuuur literally duuuuuur

Fuck off back to redit soyboy

black lives matter... matter cannot be created or destroyed. It should be legal to lynch blacks again seeing as it changes nothing to what the contribute to the universe.

Stay BTFO actualy reddit soyboi.

And yes, before anybody asks, we had a history of kids trying to use stolen credit cards with false IDs.

Again, the cops don't give a fuck for a "small" crime. And American Express/Visa will refund the victim and charge our store the full cost of the theft.

Essentially, as a store owner, we get left holding the bag for the use of the stolen card.

I have to ask before I even look at anything every gas station I go to

pretty annoying if you don't have the cash on you.
I get the rage, they already own a company, take the hit instead of being a giant jew

What?

you are lying. you lose merch and get charged by the card company to reimburse? you are lying.

Huh? Huh? Huh?

No ones asking because no one cares.
Stop posting, no one cares about you or your little stories

t. assblasted nigger

Visa/Master/NYCE Debit Exchange charges 17 cents + 2.3% of total transaction to the small businesses that can't negotiate lower fees like Walmart or Amazon can.

Small businesses like the one that refused you will either make zero profit or lose money every time a retard like you try to use a credit or debit card to buy a $2 pack of gum.

>you lose merch and get charged by the card company to reimburse?

You seem very ignorant about how credit cards work. but YES, the store gets fucked.

1) Thug uses stolen credit card
2) Victim finds out, calls Visa.
3) Visa refunds the amount (almost always)
4) Visa DOES NOT refund the store for the goods "stolen" or paid for by fake credit
5) The store is responsible for recouping our goods from the POLICE who can refund the goods only after they catch the niggers and make them pay for the cost.

Here's a hint. #5 almost never happens... The store always ends up getting fucked.

It's called insurance.

Remember that the core beliefs of BLM is stopping police brutality. I don't think BLM would care too much if a black person was actually caught stealing (or committing any other crime) by the police, and was arrested normally, without beating the shit out of them, or killing them.

I know they're profit margin can't be super low, because I see how much items cost in bulk, and I know they charge more than that.

As of October 2015, the merchant is responsible for fraud on credit cards payments that are processed with the magnetic strip instead of the chip, and I've noticed almost nobody except really big corps like Walmart actually upgraded their systems to use the chip because of extra costs, so he is very likely not lying.

it's called a charge back kiddo. the merchant eats the cost of fraudulent purchases with credit cards. somebodies got to pay and it isn't going to be the banks or the customer.

>No ones asking because no one cares.

Are you retarded or do you not realize what thread you are in?

OP asked and some of us with experience are providing an answer.

Sorry if the real world is too "real" for your delicate sensibilities.

That does not make sense. the only thing lost was the item stolen, which you already charged for. The shop owner does not lose the item, and the false charge. You get the charge, which is why the card company has to reimburse the real card holder who never purchased the item. It is the card company that gets burned, and you do not know how shit works.

>it's called a charge back kiddo. the merchant eats the cost of fraudulent purchases with credit cards. somebodies got to pay and it isn't going to be the banks or the customer.

This guy knows things.

I think this is illegal here.

>That does not make sense.

Welcome to business bud.

Insurance only pays out on items that are reported before stolen. You're saying businesses should file a report for every single $1 packet of gum so that they can claim it if a nigger steals it? Even Walmart doesn't have a resource to do this.

>That does not make sense. the only thing lost was the item stolen, which you already charged for. The shop owner does not lose the item, and the false charge.

Read this again, and think real hard on why you might be retarded.

We'll give you a chance before others jump all over you.

>he actually thinks BLM is reasonable group

>We'll give you a chance before others jump all over you.
Truly benevolent of you user.

Nope... you retailers got it wrong, or are getting fucked by card companies for a flaw in the system that is theirs to cover.

>literally just throwing a tantrum at this point

>Insurance only pays out on items that are reported before stolen. You're saying businesses should file a report for every single $1 packet of gum so that they can claim it if a nigger steals it? Even Walmart doesn't have a resource to do this.

For the ignorant kids out there.

#1) Insurance usually has a high deductible, which makes these small cases unreportable.

#2) ARE YOU RETARDED?!?! Imagine reporting 5 to 6 small crimes a month from your store. Guess what happens to your already sky high Insurance premium???

cost of doing business. If you can't make it work, get out of the way for someone that can.

Walmart is a huge company; they have no need for theft insurance. If anything they should branch out into the insurance market.

Obviously reports are only if you lose a large value of goods. If you don't then what are you even complaining about? Your business model is wrong if you can't afford a small amount of theft.

The Browns will be sad to hear you say that.

They can be shitty but overall I agree that police brutality shouldn't be a thing

don't patronize those shops then faggot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Your business model is wrong if you can't afford a small amount of theft.

In fantasy business world, yes.

In reality, grocery margins are so low (3% -5%) we're fortunate to be profitable 2-3 weeks a month.

>So this is a major security requirement.
Yeah because using an extra $4 of someone elses stolen money is totally going to stop them from making a transaction to check if the card works. Fucking retard.

Yeah. You clearly don't have any sense what you're talking about.

Just stop.

>Remember that the core beliefs of BLM is stopping police brutality.
They should be more careful when they select their martyrs then.
Trayvon wasn't even shot by a cop and he was a worthless thug who was busy beating Zimmerman to death when he got what he deserved.
Michael Brown was shot by a cop while rushing at him moments after committing a violent robbery.

Those are the two I can remember off the top of my head and I don't care enough to go looking for more. The point is that there are actual cases of people, black AND white, being shot by cops for dubious reasons, but instead of focusing on the BLM will just pic whichever one has the loudest parents.

Besides, if you actually look at the statistics, and no BLM supporter ever did, you'd see that whites are, accounting for population size, more likely to be victims in these shootings than blacks. You have to account for population size because blacks are so massively overrepresenting themselves in violent crime, as perpetrators that is.

On topic; I think any store should be allowed to refuse service for any reason. Be it credit card fees or gay cakes.

this is retarded, there are valid reasons to deny credit card charges for small amounts but theft isn't one of them. a stolen card has a short lifespan so the person who use them want to hit the maximum amount before it gets reported and cancelled. why the fuck would you need to 'check' to see if it's clean? the moment you put a fraudulent charge on it you are working against time before either the cards internal auditing system flags it or the owner reports it.

>Your business model is wrong if you can't afford a small amount of theft.

Aren't you the kike who complained previously in the thread about small convenience stores having higher prices than big box stores that take up an entire block?

Okay so tell me, why would they hesitate to spend an extra $4 of someone elses money to check if the card works?

Jesus. Guys is just triggered & shit posting now.

I just saw the sipboys thread but somehow this post is the dumbest thing I've seen all day.