Why do girls love Pynchon so much?

why do girls love Pynchon so much?

Wait shit, they do? Oh boy

Why does /mu/ love goblins so much?

BIG PROSE

I've never found one that does, but I guess it doesn't come up often.

I know a handful of women who read and enjoy pynchon. They've gotten more out of his work than the men/manchilderen I know who've read him desu

because they are stupid. And I don't know much about the guy, but the fact that girls love him makes it 99% certain that his work is shit

they don't. pynchon fans are all male like metal fans

Women are more likely to write a think piece like "Ugh boys keep recommending me Gravity's Rainbow but it's so long but yet I think I should read but I don't want to. I think this speaks to the fundamental unequal relationship between men and women" than actually read Pynchon.

Is this how you justify being unloved

Having real thoughts and cultivating real taste only comes from a slow process of accumulation, usually with very little feedback from the world to encourage progress. For someone to have a truly patrician mind requires that they be weird enough to keep reading and reading and reading, for years, with no easy milestones to keep them on the right track if they begin to stray from it. They have to keep thanklessly wallowing as a pleb for a very long time until they reach a kind of critical mass, and then they explode upward from there. It's not a steady slope.

Men do this rarely enough, because it's easy to drift toward other hobbies with more immediate feedback, more social prestige, etc., and also because it's just downright counterintuitive to keep doing something when it's not paying off any kind of short-term reward indicative of its long-term value. Maybe one in a hundred men that start reading early on will really stick with it, long enough for it to become something more than dilettantism.

Women are in the same situation, but worse in every single way. Like men, they have the lack of feedback and the constant temptation to drift to other pursuits, but both of these are hypercharged, to the point that any "rational actor" with a vagina would have to be downright deranged to stick with reading books long enough for it to pay off.

To put it another way, for every invisible milestone a man hits on the road to patricianhood, there's a 1/2 chance that he will simply stop there, because an invisible milestone is no clear incentive. It's invisible. For women, not only are the milestones invisible, but each time you hit one, a thousand men come rushing out on your left and offer you praise and accolades for taking any steps forward on the path whatsoever, making it very easy to think you've simply completed the journey, and another thousand men rush out on your right to offer you praise and accolades for everything else you've ever done, including simply existing with a pair of tits.

So, a man has to be fairly crazy to continue long enough on the path that he can realises Pynchon is plebeian garbage. He has to have a natural immunity to short-term pleasures, or an ulterior reason for choosing such a lonely road. But a woman would have to be driven by something truly pathological or arational, because any reasonable person getting the social feedback that women get would reasonably conclude they are awesome and that their bare-minimum effort in life is actually innately awesome.

Plebeian man:
>I love Pynchon and Vonnegut and Bukowski! :P!! Wait, no one cares. Maybe I should read more? Or maybe not.

Patrician man:
>I see now.. Pynchon was pleb all along. I should read real literature, now.

Any woman:
>I SAID THE WORD "PYNCHON" AND MEN ARE GIVING ME LOTS OF MONEY AND PROPOSING ME.. I MUST BE THE MOST STUPENDOUS BEING EVER TO LIVE!

>hasn't read pynchon

Pynchon and Vonnegut are modern literature. There's a good chance both of them have read everything you've ever read before you were even born or could read. Have fun with your brimstone, porridge and fucking Les Misérables.

One girl I'm friends with actually read a Pynchon book I lent them and enjoyed it. I got lucky there. My gf really loved the movie for Inherent Vice but won't read any Peepee.

The girls who love Pynchon love to be seen loving Pynchon. This is how it is with most things that make you ask this question.

>I don't interact with people so I base my views on internet articles

is this pasta?

did he touch a nerve?

Because it is girls literature

I would agree with you, but this mostly sounds like you're justifying your own lifestyle. And nowadays social media does provide immediate feedback, you only need to go to youtube and search "Bookhaul" or "Wrapup", go on instagram and search those terms as well and you'll be surprised at the amount of circlejerking that rivals and supersedes Veeky Forums's.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

>he hasnt read the pynchmeister

>writing all of this to justify that you are too pleb for pynchon