Who do you think he's talking about, Veeky Forums?

Who do you think he's talking about, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/899367320006443008
twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/899403872904519680
warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543#p667619
warosu.org/lit/thread/S3039755
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a ghost of DFW told him to kill himself and meet him on the other side

Either Pinecone or McCarthy, I highly doubt Tommy would give a shit about him

Me

Alice Munro

Norm seems totally genuine like 90% of the time but when it comes to anything lit related he becomes cringey/psuedy as fuck

Can't be Pynchon. This line gives it away:

>he sees no one

Pynchon sees everyone. Nobody sees Pynchon.

I believe it's Pynchon. He would dig Norm, and seems like the type of guy to watch old Norm talkshow clips on Youtube. Probably was scouring old tv shows and found Norm was always great. Also Dennis Miller once said the word Pynchonesque to Norm about one of his jokes and Norm laughed and got the reference.

I see it as more likely that Pynchon would like Norm than Corncob.

I didn't invite you anywhere pal.

Tolstoy was cryogenically frozen.

Janeane Garofalo, no doubt

Corncob is Faulkner, pleb.

He confirms it's one of the two on Twitter

Could it be? G-God?

I thought about Pynchon, I can't actually think about any other relevant recluse writer that it would be worth a tweet about by some comediant. I thought he was a total recluse, what do you mean by that?

>finally, I have become Corncob

Why do people like this shit?

Alice Munro got gender reassignment surgery

Hi, Bugs. I still don't forgive you for the ending to Vineland. Hope you are great.

What the FUCK is this?

Greg Egan. Screencap this

ha!

It's fucken real

If there's ONE contemporary genius that would want to meet Norm it'd be Pynchon, what the fuck are you talking about?

Franzen pls

based

Kevin MacDonald

George RR Martin

My diary

I bet someone unironically replied that on twitter

Kek

write more books so that I can continue to ignore them, DFW

Does Pynchon even have the internet? I could see Pynchon as the type of guy that wouldn't even have the internet.

if its pynchon the last thing pynchon wants is norm to say "IM ON MY WAY TO PYNCHONS HOUSE"

norm probably got disinvited because of this tweet

Kentaro Miura, obviously

yeah, it's clearly alice munro

>Norm and Miura spend the entire meeting talking about Iori
>Norm now only tweets about Idom@ster

That's what I was thinking, but it's likely Pinecone will never know about this tweet, unless he happens to see this thread of course.

I think you all sorely misunderstand Pynchon as a person.

Banksy

twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/899367320006443008
some guy:
>Gotta be Pynchon or McCarthy, no?
Norm responds:
>yes

>I thought he was a total recluse, what do you mean by that?
He's not a total recluse, he has a family and goes out just like any other person. It's just that pretty much no one knows how he looks and he likes to keep it that way.

what did he mean by this

Pynchon and norm seem like they would get along. Although if we knew who Norm considered the greats it would help us predict who's he's meeting with.
I know he loves Russian Veeky Forums and Alice Munro because of his based Ellis tweets but other than that I don't know.

>novelist

your'e so dumb

Oh shit it's Pynchon

Pynchon's sense of humour and Norm's sense of humour have a lot of similar ground, user.

I believe it could be McCarthy to be honest. Dude never does any interviews outside of that one he did with Oprah and the one with Werner Herzog where they discussed art and science. Cormac's a quiet little old man who lives on a modest ranch and is completely cool with people not liking his work much. I think he'd be the kind of guy to invite someone over just to drink coffee or beer with as they watched horses run in the sunset. Or maybe they'd watch West Side Story.

> based Ellis tweets

Does Norm just shitpost anti-Ellis jests? I don't go on Twitter much I don't know

Viktor Pelevin?

Me

Are you retarded? Have you even read Pynchon?

Not as "cringey/pseudy" as you. Christ you are such a fucking mess.

He's actually not a recluse, he just stays away from cameras and for that reason he can go anywhere and not be recognized.

You do know he has an entire novel that revolves around the internet, right?

Why did Cormac choose Oprah to do the interview? Was she really the best offer he had? Or maybe he was low on money.

No idea. user, but it's one of the only interviews he's done

What? Even if he doesn't use the Internet, he's married to his fucking agent. Why on earth wouldn't he see this tweet?

Maybe he won't mind.

Maybe Pynchon plans on doing (more) interviews in the future. Stanley Kubrick was another "recluse" who had planned to get more in the open so to speak.

But in Kubrick's case, he died.

>sees no one
is he blind?

Pynchon has visited Veeky Forums on several occasions.

You've not seen the worst of it.

He might frequent this place more often than you think.

t. Breakspeare

>Pynchon reading jokes on Norm's podcast

He probably meant a TV/Film writer, for one

link

twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/899403872904519680

I think it's a ruse. Norm knows his audience and is probably shitposting.

Torquato Tasso is one of my favorite Veeky Forums shitstorms.

Pynchon wouldn't see eye to eye with him or be interested in meeting him I think. Probably McCarthy or maybe Zizek.

Wait never mind. It's definitely Pynchon. I thought this was a Sam Harris thread at first for some reason.

My feeling is that he thought it would help bring visibility to the Santa Fe Institute, where the interview took place and where he is a trustee. He aggressively focuses on science and on the work of others during the interview, avoiding any personal detail, which is why it's so surreal to watch Oprah try and talk to him. She's totally out of her element but he's so generous with her that they still seem to get along.

Icycalm

>I think it's a ruse. Norm knows his audience and is probably shitposting.
Norm probably is the most honest and kindhearted man on twitter though.

Tara Gilesbie

>Sam Harris
>No way he's interesting
>Norm Macdonald
>Sure, why not?

I find this kinda funny.

So? You know writers do things like researching, right?
You can't troll me.

screencap?

Lmao

It's true. There were a series of seriously well-informed posts that only someone who had done some serious digging could have wrote. I don't have the archive link but its out there

warosu.org/lit/thread/S667543#p667619

Holy shit. I'd always heard that Pinecone came here, but to see it in person is amazing

>Well, Pope Adrian IV. The only English Pope. Look it up. His real name was Breakspeare.

Well well well

My money: John Schwartzwelder

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Are you retarded? This is Pynchon we're talking about here. How the fuck do you think he's going to do research for a novel about the internet if not by using the fucking internet. Fucking brainlet.

It's Fred Stoller

Read the whole thing

warosu.org/lit/thread/S3039755

Oprah gives good head.

He's also a comedian that uses hyperbole and purposefully bad jokes all the time.

It's easy to say Pinecone or Cormac are the greatest if you don't read literature in other languages. Can't say I don't understand him, I speak Serbocroatian and English well enough to read lit in those languages and I also don't know any better than those two (Pinecone is one tier above Cormac).

But it still seems quite ethnocentric because I bet Norm also has stunted perspective. Or maybe we'd hear about those others by now?

Of course I do, silly.

Nabokov. Which also explains why he sees no one. The mystery is how he got the invite, then. :thinking_blob:

>Pynchon above McCarthy

I think it can only be Pynchon. McCarthy is not the type to be too interested in a guy like Norm's comedy, whereas it's right up Pynchon's alley.

You would think he didn't given how shit Bleeding Edge (his 'internet novel') was.

Significantly

Bleeding Edge was outstanding, it completely captured late 90s hacker lingo without looking tryhard

Hell, I followed the scene and had to google some of concepts P used