RISOTTO

What's the point of risotto? Any risotto dish you make is a pasta dish with the pasta substituted for soggy rice. There's literally no combination you can come up with that wouldn't be nicer with pasta, which, you know, comes in pretty shapes and sizes, unlike little rat shit sized grains of rice. What's the point?

P.S. American pronunciation of risotto is hilarious

Chili goes over rice better than pasta imo.

You're just an asspoop and you're wrong.

you have never eaten Risotto

This in a nutshell.

Some things are lovely with risotto, the same way some things are nicer with polenta. Braised pork, for instance, goes much nicer with polenta instead of pasta or rice. Risotto is comfort food, to me, and it can be enriched with simple flavors that get lost in pasta dishes. A risotto made with a fish stock or vegetable stock with take up those delicate flavors better than pasta.
In other words, you need to try more dishes before crapping out dumb statements like that.

>White Cheddar
>Bacon
>Risotto
You should try Risotto

The point of a risotto is just the right sogginess. It's a relatively hard rice porridge with the savoriness spread through, rather than a pasta dish with distinct flavor gradients between the sauce and the pasta.

>that pic
when soccer moms try to make risotto

I just realized some of those green onions are peas

aren't peas a common ingredient in risotto?

not sprinkled over the top like in the OP they aren't

more common than green onions that's for sure

happy birthday, you found a pic of rice mixed with stuff.
risotto is delicious and you wouldnt claim what you claim if you ever had a good one. it is not even close to being replacable by pasta, completely different things. just had a creamy and perfect pear risotto @ toscana, good luck trying that with noodles

That risotto looks way too dry. Pinterest assholes.....

This.

And also this
Fuck you, OP.

How do you think we pronounce risotto?

>we
You mean the retard community? I dunno, how do you?

OP thinks Americans pronounce it wrong but I've never heard it said differently than in Italian

riss-ought-toe

Do Re Mi Fa So La Risotto.

Have never heard that before in my life and I live in a German area

You should probably try risotto then you'll understand why.
I've treated risotto like pasta in the past.
Although it may lack the variety of shape pasta has risotto is much richer and much more savory flavor. a flavor which makes love to your taste buds.
Let me begin by showing you an example of just how much i've fucked around with the flavor or risotto.
>Pic Related
Ever heard of Alio e Olio, well one day i decided to combine that flavor with risotto and i must say.
Alio e Olio Risotto>The pasta version

This is a risotto I made which was based off Carbonara pasta.
In the sense where i served it with a sauce of beaten eggs.

While I've never tried a carbonara risotto, i'm positive it would be better than the pasta version.

This is a weirder one but the flavor is sort of reminiscent to bolognese.
I used tomato paste in the stock to get this sort of flavor.

Now im convinced if you served a regular bolognese sauce over risotto it would taste better than the pasta version.

Never heard that in my life. Maybe you've only talked to morons

riz-oh-toe

Here's a dish that wouldn't work nearly as well as a pasta.
This is a pistachio Risotto, and because risotto is a rice it can absorb flavors more than pasta can.

To make this dish I created a homemade pistachio paste, and I used beurre blanc instead of onions.
This is by far one of the best, and most original risotto's i've ever made.
Imagine the decadence of it. The saltiness, the sweetness, the nuttiness of pistachio captured in a risotto.

So when you compare risotto to pasta, here's what i want you to think about.
>1. Serve a plain risotto, and serve a plain pasta see which tastes better.
>2. Pasta relies on a sauce, where risotto doesn't need to
>3. Rice absorbs flavors better than noodles can
I think a risotto is far superior in flavor than a pasta is. Even homemade pastas with incredible sauces are inferior imo.

I like you, risottofag.

thanks friend. lemme know if you wanna join my discord server

that's how gordon ramsay says it, but he also pronounces basil and oregano wrong

nice OP, I hope you made this thread with the express purpose of being shit on, because if so, good job.

I don't even really like risotto very much and even I think you're retarded.

REEE zoat oh

bumping fo rthe love of risotto

So far nobody has posted a risotto dish that wouldn't be nicer as pasta. Try me.

What is the buttplug on your risotto?

Arancini is a fried risotto ball. Sort of. They're good though.

Shrimp with mushrooms and peas. That would suck dog's ass as a pasta.

that looks like it sucks dog ass

Thank you, I was a retard to not search the name of your pic.

Not my pic friend. I just know a good fried buttplug when I see one.

It would crumble and mush it wouldn't work at all.

You need at least a stable chicken tendie, or very firm corndog.

scamorza and radicchio
pumpkin
stracchino and rosemary
>pic related: radicchio (!= chicory)

You probably never had actual Risotto.
It requires a bit more effort than pasta to make but a good risotto is much better than pasta imho, unless we are talking about homemade pasta.
Also, the sauces and flavors you can put in a risotto are much different than those of a pasta dish.
For NYE I made a Prosecco, leek and sausage risotto, it was delicious but sadly i don't have any pics.

Whats the point of the egg? Means nothing in the recipe of bolognese

my egg was about to go old desu.
which is why i chose to use it.

Shrimps look boiled, would have preferred pan fried
You could also have turned some of the peas into cream to add a nice colour and taste
Did you use the heads of shrimps?

risotto also works better as a side dish for meat than pasta in terms of richness

Yeah I made a stock from the shells and heads to use for the rice. I added the shrimp for the last couple of minutes. Guess I can try sauteing them next time and have the fond add an extra depth of flavor.

And you also chose to fuck up your "risotto" by dropping a fucking fried egg on it. Brilliant.

Yeah the plating too has lot of room for improvement

I accepted one criticism but don't push it, faggot - I eat with my mouth not my eyes.

You probably also cook with your ass
Accept it, it looks like shit
Also you start eating with eyes, only a pleb would deny it

Angel hair and white sauce.

t. has never eaten risotto, just overcooked rice

You can't make a pasta dish with just red wine, just pumpkin or just saffron. You need a specific sauce to carry those kinds of ingredients to the pasta with the right texture, risotto already does that for you.

Risotto also comes in various shapes, sizes and textures.

PORCODIO QUELLO NON รจ RISOTTO AMERICANO BASTARDO. Thats not risotto sir.

i love risotto. I made some for my friends on new years. beetroot and pancetta, pour in a decent amount of wine and it goes this lovely deep red. Made a decent amount since it can get pretty rich, perfect for a little starter. Then when we came back home drunk it delicious cold. Truly the best,

you realize im better at you than risotto right. I hate to tell you this but anything you could come up with couldn't hold a candle to mine.
People who are good at things think outside of the box, you've probably never had an ounce of creativity in your life.

That risotto was a product of using what i had in the kitchen to create something. Stop talking down when I am above you dude.

Well said my friend, well said.
(PORCACCIA LA MADONNA)

pensa che porcherie tocca sentire. e sono pure capopartita in cucina

What a mess.

pasta mixed with pureed squash would be horrible.

you cant even explain why this is a mess.
its a professionally plated osso buco

looks like someone poured store bought gravy over some poorly stewed osso bucco

the only reason for that is the redwine i chose to use instead of white wine

I thought you said you were going to stop posting this, I've seen it like 5 times now

>it's bad but I made it bad on purpose
Okay then.

redwine isn't a bad substitute at all.
are you autistic?

Why are you posting pictures of stew in a risotto thread?

because its over risotto.

That's not risotto. It's stew.

all'onda look it up before you respond.
it's an osso buco served over risotto.
risotto should not be dry.

It should also not be stew.

how does that look like a stew to you idiot.
you eat poor risotto then.
if it's any dryer than this.it's wrong.

Goddamn, you risotto autist get some new pics, you faggot.

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU POSTING YOUR OSSO BUCCO IN EVERY THREAD

because its glorious and deserves praise.