Post a name

Post a name.

Post a book.

If your name is called, you have your next book to read.

Here you go, Zach.

dylan

Eric

Taylor

> Jack Ketchum

doesn't this guy write excessively grotesque books? Like, one of them is about a young girl kept in a basement being tortured and raped?

> that stephen king quote about thanksgiving

This seems oddly peculiar to specify unless if the book is about Thanksgiving

brody

Owen / Owain (I know the Welsh have to spell everything peculiarly)

It isn't about thanksgiving. It's about a group of cannibals who live far from society and attack a bunch of young people in their secluded mountain house.

Yes, it does have a ton of graphic sex and violence. No, it is not Veeky Forums. Yes, I still like it and hope Eric does too.

Or he can just read Stoner.

Jack Ketchum might go down well with people who pop on here asking for the edgiest, most disturbing lit people can imagine. I think I've only ever seen his stuff mentioned here once before. No judging if you dig the guy's work, people must enjoy it or else he wouldn't have found his audience. never read his stuff myself so i can't exactly have an opinion on him.

I feel like people would be disappointed because as violent as it is, it still retains humanity.

People looking soley for gratuitousness would be better off with something like Hogg.

Why did you pick his worst novel?

slavoj

sorry user but i like it

>No one will say my obscure name of which no one could even guess

Elliot

Tim
here's some cozy autumn reading for you, my dude

Is this actually good? The GoodReads description makes it sound like Joseph Campbell's The Hero With A Thousand Faces. Haven't read Peterson before and don't know much about him other than the muh no-no pronouns meme.

i posted it as a dumb joke originally.

it's aight. j-pete is j-pete. what is there left to say about the man? he is who he is. personally i skew freud > jung but the more you read the better. i like campbell also.

he's a man of this chaotic and mindless time. worth reading to grasp the general insanity of the age and why he says the things he does. my two cents.

James

Kyle

Sheit does the dog get to hit that pussy?

Get on with it Tristan

Pierre
Pekka
Pedro
Pablo
Paulo
Pavel
Piotr / Pyotr

True story:

Amy and I read this together.

Because...I don't even know. I found something on the internet that referred to it, and we couldn't believe that the cover had anything to do with the actual story. GODDAMNIT, INTERNET! IT'S YOUR FAULT I READ THIS!

Let me tell you. The cover? HAS NOTHING ON WHAT'S INSIDE.

Because, yes - [the main character (whose name I've already forgotten) totally fucks her wolf-dog, AND JERKS OFF A HORSE (hide spoiler)] and one would think the bestiality would be the most disturbing part of the book BUT IT ISN'T!

Noooooooooo! Not only is there bestiality (which, btw, should be spelled beastiality, cos I'm not sure why we're supposed to think it's THE BEST WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS IT MEANS BEASTS, but I digress), but there's creepy midget sex and incest and all kinds of other not-good-stuff.

Seriously, trying to figure out who the hell gets off on this shit kind of hurts my brain. But then I think "Well, fuck. It was the 70s. 'Luudes and shit, right?" but that's not enough to explain this.

No. Way.

...but now I'm srsly curious who reads shit like this and thinks it's hot. Also, it reminds me of "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption" where someone asks Andy for "more fukbooks plz" because that's all this is. A fukbook. Damned if I can figure out the target audience, though.

Take a good hard look, Saul

Alex, read Death on the installment plan

john

Can I have some French name. I'm never named in such threads.

:(

rien que pour toi Jean-Pierre

For you, Yannick

One letter close and you had it, nigga. I'm taking this one.

I have you read his others? If you have I'd be genuinely interested to know why you would rate this over them.

Wait is this just erotica turned to 11 or is it worth reading like Georges Bataille or Burroughs is worth reading, on a train with one hand down my pants?

Ignore the first two characters. How did that even happen.

Bernard

Michael

Great book.

>Is this actually good?
>replies with a series of tautologies, cliches, and autobiographical comments
Unconvincing.

Brian

>mfw I have a latino/italian composed name so it's not even worth playing

Donovan

This. I've met two people with my name, ever.

Pick me another. Read it within the last month.

Cian

My personal favourite of Blair's

cesar

read the whole New Testament, Matthew. Any translation

damn you

Jonathan

>no spic names
C'mon, I wanna read something holmes

My name is at least top 15 most common spic names

Here you go, Pedro.

Ha ha joke's on you, I already read The Bible

Pedro and Miguel and Jose, this book is for you.

Sebastian, get reading

You win this time Veeky Forums

Jake this is for you

mfw am woman :/

Here you go Ana

Jacob

fk u

>tfw your name never gets called in these threads
Here ya go Anthony

Get on with it, michael

That's one ugly cover, but that dog is 10/10

different user but I'm recommending this to anyone called Liam in here

I remember reading this in school and it hit closer to home than it should've

Yes it's fantastic but VERY difficult to read. Too much in every sentence. You can tell he spent too much time on it, and I don't mean that ironically at all.

Orson

Hope it is still in store somewhere, Cecile

>name is literally never called
It's not even foreign, just uncommon

Maybe we should do this with reply order.
>You should read the book that the guy replied right before you.

Not a bad idea to be honest

We studied this with a teacher whose son at the same school had autism, and who was going through a divorce at the time. The book was literally my teachers life. It was weird.

funny enough, really wanted to read this one

Don't delay it, Adam.

>posts Ulysses
>posts universally generic name like Martin

The book really resonates with people who know somebody with autism. I think there were three kids in my school who were on the spectrum. Not to the extent where they couldn't read/write/talk/walk, but you could see elements of them in the book.

After reading the book, I couldn't help but try to be nice to them.

> go to bookstore
> see this book categorised as a book suitable for children
> get told it's an emotional children's book and that because it's so simply written they can read it quickly
> buy it for my nephew
> get told by a close friend the book is actually written simply because statistically that is how autistic people can understand and it relates to their struggle with empathy and awkwardness
> he tells me the outline of the story about the murder of his pet dog by his father who is fucked up after a brutal divorce and the autistic son goes to find his mother
> my brother asks why my young nephew now knows how to say "cunt," "mongoloid" and "spastic"

I know I'm partly to blame here really but fuck bookstores and their clerks who try to talk about books to customers like they've read them when they haven't

>share a name with a world famous band
>name is still never called in these threads

The clerk gave you a good recommendation, your brother's an idiot.

Mark
Marcus
Marco

My gripe is more with it being classified as a children's book. I've read it now and although it's accessible, I don't think I would class it as a children's book, and I think YA fiction would even be a stretch.

If you and your family are huge prudes with pathological fears of words, perhaps you should do your own research instead of expecting other people to automatically understand that something everyone else is happy with, doesn't meet your criteria.

I think YA is appropriate. Where I'm from it is a standard book for high school English. It is too simple for adults.

Not a spicyman but this sounds interesting

Alexander, Alex, Axel, Axl, Al, Xander, Sander, Sandro, and all the rest.

And for good measure, Venedikt, Benedict, and Ben.

Good luck Robert

>share a name with one of the most influential writers
>it's a woman

Enjoy it, Virginia

Patrician af
P

have fun Jack

>tfw I have a good, biblical name
>tfw my name is incredibly common in europe
>tfw no one ever posts my name in these threads

Damn. I envy Adam. There are few if any better reading experiences in the whole of literature. Just read the travelogue in a seperate volume (the Frame version as well) the first of the year. Great stuff.

Read it already, such a great book! Loved every bit of it.

Here you go, Daniel

w-will I have to reread my Mandelbaum Aeneid copy before I dive into this shit?

Well, looks like I'm ordering this tonight.

JEREMY, YOU BETTER ENJOY YOU LAZY FUCK.

damn, thanks dood

>>>totally fucks her wolf-dog, AND JERKS OFF A HORSE (hide spoiler)] and one would think the bestiality would be the most disturbing part of the book BUT IT ISN'T!

That IS my fetish. Man, why is Veeky Forums so thoroughly inundated with you pussy ass milk toast normie motherfuckers?

>universally generic name like Martin

>Be named Martin

I Have never in my entire life met another man with Martin for a first name.

Hey Jesse, read this and lemme know how it is.

No the patrician fetishes are homosexual urges for lithe young men and/or nymphet stage girls

>Website overrun with normie scum
>Can't even post beast on /b/ anymore because "muh intoneht mohrals"

Truly this is the darkest timeline.

Half my country is named Martin.
And I'm sure it's universal - George R R Martin, Martin Eden, Martin Luther(king)...

Fuck off, Tony.

That is three people.