Goethe's IQ was 200 AND FUCKING 10

>Goethe's IQ was 200 AND FUCKING 10

WHAT THE FUCK MY IQ IS BARELY IN THE 130s.

yeah his SATs were 5000 too

>MFW Nietzsche had an IQ of 205

Diogenes had an olympic medal in thinking.

>grew up thinking I was smart
>grew up with adults telling me how smart I am
>get older
>realize I'm borderline retarded
somebody just fucking murder me

>IQ: 205
you profanes read me yet?

this i believe i could actually be smart if my brain didn't rot from disuse.

>implying swedenborg didn't invent the test and then refuse to take it for the sake of humanity
>implying he'd only score 5 points past the possible range

just b urself user ;)

>eager to learn and highly curious
>below 120 IQ

I always score very poorly on IQ tests. My response is just too slow to do well.

Goethe is dead.

why y'all care so much about iq? it does not matter a shit.

>Plato's IQ was in the quadruple digits

wrong

For some things, it absolutely matters. IQ is one of the most valid and reliable measurements in all of psychometrics and if you don't believe in it you shouldn't believe in virtually all of psychology.

>if you don't believe in it you shouldn't believe in virtually all of psychology.
Hm? Sounds like something a pseudo-intellectual frog puppet would say.

>individual was dead long before IQ tests as we know them even existed
>HOLY SHIT HE HAD [exact number] IQ HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?!?!?

how can people on a discussion board for literature be so fucking clueless

don't worry about him; he's just going through his peterson parrot phase

>Göthe was basically a sentient neural network
>it is literally impossible for us to grasp the meaning of his works
>centuries of literary scholarship have done nothing to lift the fog

this. my iq is 72 and im smart and read books all the time and my mom loves me and says im smart

>how dare you quote a world-class psychologist on something pertaining his field of expertise? are you retarded? it's clear that you should listen to me, an anonymous shut-in from an indonesian woodcarving forum instead

ceramics

>sentient neural network

>IQ is meaningless
>hasn't written a SINGLE novel
lol everytime

Not an argument

Not an argument

Sure is easier to dismiss me through idle mockery than to refute the general point that IQ is more valid than most of psychometrics, and if you dispose of it, and dispose of every part of psychology that is equally or less founded than IQ, you barely have anything left to work with. So you may as well disregard the entire field as pseudoscience. Which I challenge people to do as most aren't willing to do it, and those that are have interesting opinions.

I got my first IQ test at the age of 9 and have been thinking of this for a long time. I've long been hearing the "IQ doesn't matter" meme since I was a child and I just don't believe it. Great arguments you have though, since a literal clinical psychologist has similar opinions to myself, my argument is invalid.

IQ is genuinely fairly meaningless in terms of ability to write novels and I'm this samefag

IQ doesn't correlate to creative ability significantly. It's relevant to non-fiction writing ability, but not very relevant to fiction writing ability.

>he thinks everyone here is at the same intellectual level as him
>he watches "world-class" youtube videos and now believes he is smarter than everyone
speaking of psychology, if any of you've ever wondered what the Dunning-Kruger effect looks like, it's right here

Do you ever actually argue for the opinions your hold or do you just shitpost and mock people while avoiding committing to an actual position?

>he thinks everyone here is at the same intellectual level as him

if I did, I would not have implied your stupidity.

>he namedrops the Dunning-Kreuger effect and now believes he is smarter than everyone

>IQ is genuinely fairly meaningless in terms of ability to write novels
oh so that's why we see all these barely literate novel writers.

how to fuck do I even get a reliable IQ test?

>Einstein had an IQ of 90 and got Fs in math but through hard work and dedication accomplished amazing things.
Wow, it just goes to show that you can be anything you want if, you never give up.

they're administered by psychologists. call a local clinic and inquire about it

you watch youtube videos and debate people on Veeky Forums, m8. do you really think you're worth anyone's time? also I'd love to see proof your IQ isn't in the double digits, because it's obvious to me you don't read at all. keep fighting the good fight in those youtube comments, man. you're a real heavyweight.

>he tries to use his double digit IQ to come up with a good comeback
>he fails

I mean if you're high IQ you're probably going to like a high IQ novel writer.

However this was one of the most popular novels of the last few years. Childrens books and YA dominate sales and neither requires you to be 2 intelligent

I think you'd have a hard time writing novels if you were literally retarded, but that goes for most things. IQ isn't particularly important when it comes to writing fiction. If we're judging being a novelist by ability to make a living off it, rather than be hailed by pseuds jerking themselves off a few hundred years later.

Putting things another way, being 90IQ, the 25th percentile, doesn't mean you can't write a bestselling book. Being 90IQ does mean you're completely fucked if you want to become a philosopher though.

> It's relevant to non-fiction writing ability, but not very relevant to fiction writing ability

You're talking as if fiction isn't trash-tier.

he's clearly either a troll, or somebody with a serious intellectual impairment

>implying there is nothing of intellectual value on yt
>implying video of intellectuals talking are not as good a medium as books
>implying YOU are worth anyone's time
>implying you are not proving right now to have an IQ south of 90, in the likely case that you are not trolling

>implying there is nothing of intellectual value on yt
>implying video of intellectuals talking are not as good a medium as books

holy shit, kid. my work here is done

thank you for proving my point, potato

127IQ, I'm brainlet-tier and browse Veeky Forums 14 hours a day minimum. Sad!

Average IQ is 100. Mine is well above average at 112 (I run circles around most people intellectually). If you're in the 130s you must be a borderline genius. Don't be ashamed.

Also my memory is so shitty I can't even recall where precisely I got that number from. All I know is I've taken the Stanford-Binet twice with two different psychologists and 127 must have come somewhere from there.

>göthe

> 145 IQ here
> chronically depressed

Being intelligent doesn't grant you success. Trust me.

165 here. Happy, healthy and successful.

90IQ can't write a novel. lmfao you have no idea what IQ measures hence your ridiculous assertions.
desu this is fairly typical around here. Pseud central.

Hello, Pynchon.

185 here. Currently fucking your mom.

if i had a choice id pick discipline or self acceptance over intelligence any day

dont have any of those tho lmao

>not an argument
you sound lo-ki butt blasted, consider leaving

lmao haha

You fucking moron the F was the best grade in Einsteins country.

>WHAT THE FUCK MY IQ IS BARELY IN THE 130s.

No, it's not.

>Einstein had an IQ of 90
This is bullshit, right?

of course, negro. He was at least in the 160s.

I don't know, man. 143 here and I feel retarded most of the time. I come from a dirt poor family and my education has been almost non-existent, though, so maybe it's because of that, but I just feel dumb as fuck.

Who here has never taken one because they fear having irrefutable proof that you're a worthless dumb-dumb in writing?

>be college senior
>85 IQ score
>put "IQ = 85, B+, extremely intelligent" on my resume during the job search
>only job interviews I got were people who thought I was being funny, but were sorely mistaken when I came to the interview and they saw immediately that I was not joking

faggots are intimidated by high IQs, never put your IQ on your resume

>It's a positivists trying to quantify everything episode

>tfw 200000000000000000000 IQ
Bow before me, mortals, for I am the self-crowned emperor of eternity.

this is a cute post

feels terrible man
I wish people raised me telling me I was stupid

You fucking faggot. Your IQ is barely in the 110s

no you don't. That's how you get crippling emotional problems.

but I already have those

then they'd be worse

Just the fucking fact that you think that you could quantify the IQ of Goethe in a time where the test and its formulation was not even invented, proves that you are full of bullshit and you know nothing about IQ (thus you are lying about your IQ being in the barely 130s, it is most likely in the double digits).

I had a hearty giggle while on the pooper, and then the final nugget squenched right out of me and into the bowl, undoubtedly halving my wiping time.

Thanks user.

i got my score from norwegian mensa online test
how legit is it?

If you haven't taken one, SAT scores are pretty well correlated with IQ. 1350 is about 130 for example, or, to be more conservative, between 115 and 130.
Keep in mind that you could have a high IQ but not utilize it properly due to anxiety/depression or simply not knowing how. IQ is meaningless if you have nothing else going for you.

High IQ don't undead you

*haven't taken an IQ test

Bullshit because I got a 1960 and I'm a fucking idiot

Out of 1600 lad, not 2400. No one gives a shit about the writing portion.

same. I don't give them any credit, desu. real tests last around 6 hours. anything you find online is shit

1600 and 142 IQ
dumbfuck detected

he's using the 1600 scale (reading + math only) you mongoloid, thanks for proving his point

What about ACT? I got a 29 my first try without ever studying for it. I got a 34 in reading, I think? IIRC, that and science had the highest g correlation or something.

There isn't as much information on the ACT's correlation. Moreover, some question the SAT's correlation since the recentering in 1999(5?).

Well, you can still pretend to be smart. That's what I do. I always tell people I'm reading Brothers Karamazov and use fancy words like "virile".

IQ is a meme mate
Psychology is bullshit, so yes. IQ is not valid nor reliable. It's a measurement of STEMspergery.
Psychologists are idiots. A world-class psychologist is no better than a world-class bowel movement. Can't polish a turd.

ö and oe are pronounced the same and usage is basically down to personal preference. Standard German prefers ö though. Goethe predates the standardization and he is fucking Goethe so he can spell his name however he wants.

>bullshit, bowel, turd
lol yeah you're definitely above psychology

>arguments are good because i said they are
so this is the power of psychology...

Oh, alright. To be fair, I guess we all did some form of "studying" by simply attending class and being in certain classes where the core content is interchangeable with what you would be seeing on the ACT. I just never gave a fuck about getting one of those books and all of that sort of thing.

I've always planned to study IQ/Intelligence at some point because it's such a fucking meme, but I know next to nothing about it. The thing that I've always found interesting from the outside is the fact that rigorous tests given by valid proctors typically vary in categories of intelligence. Like, quantifying intelligence is going to vary heavily for someone who is at on Veeky Forums all day maximizing their vocabulary and reading capacities taking a test with these categories vs. a test with mathematic type puzzles when they haven't taken a math class in 20 years. Unless there is a universally understood criteria and I've been rused?

>stop using mean dirty words!
Fuck off to r*ddit

how many fucking iq threads can are you gonna post faget

A properly administered IQ test will include every category including the math shit, verbal shit, and pattern shit, and more. They take hours. The reason you can't take an online test is because the tests literally can't be done without a trained test administrator.

SAT and ACT are both bullshit burgertests that nobody takes seriously. The material on it is equivalent to the material taught in the 9th grade here. You burgerfats don't seem to understand how pathetic you are.
See? IQ is a garbage meme for STEMspergs. I knew a turd like you in high school, he received perfect grades (100%) in most classes, besides those that required him to articulate himself. Why? Because those classes require some sort of intelligence, while STEMsperg classes just require a lot of studying. The Valedictorian was a boring little Asian girl that spent every gap between classes, lunch break, and so on, studying. That is, memorizing material.

I took a calculus class with both of them, and on the final they were both stumped by a certain integral question. I was the only one that answered it correctly and fully. Yes yes very smart and creative the question was just unfair ;c it required them to abstract a little beyond their comfort zone ;c;c;c;c;c not fair theyre good at other stuff ;ccccc

the iq test i did even had rorschach shit on it, i have no idea how my interpretation of quasi-random blobs can be objectively converted into a numerical rank but ok

>STEMspergs
I actually did poorly (that is, average) on the math section, perfect score on verbal and very high on writing. I didn't study for it at all.
Really only the math section is for "STEMspergs".

Science is also for STEMspergs.
>verbal
How the hell does one write a standardized test involving speech?

How do you even check this shite for free?

I just did a whole test and it told me I had to pay to see the results

Who else here /blackwithahigh2digitIQ/?

We're talking about the SAT, which has no science section.
The verbal section, as I recall, mostly involves using context to interpret the meaning (definition and connotation) of words and phrases in sentences/paragraphs.

Someone as smart as yourself ought to know that one meaning of verbal is just "words", not necessarily spoken.

>tfw 145 IQ
>tfw smart enoigh to get a Ph.D in neuroscience
>too dumb to do anything revolutionary

my life is a sad fucking joke

A verbal test is generally spoken. Perhaps it is not me, but burgers, who are at fault.
Perhaps it should be called something more accurate, like 'vocabulary'.

I normally hate frogposters but these slow pepes have won my heart

118 brainlet and loving every laugh here boys :-)