What do the chinks put in their rice to taste this way and how do I transform my regular white rice into theirs?

What do the chinks put in their rice to taste this way and how do I transform my regular white rice into theirs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJP5f-fsHrs
wholelifestylenutrition.com/health/how-to-cook-on-season-a-stainless-steel-pan-to-create-a-non-stick-surface/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

egg

the secret to fried rice is leftover rice, a hot wok, and homemade chicken stock.

Onion + soy sauce + fish sauce + sugar + sesame oil + ginger and garlic. Mainly at least.

Red Die #40

>a hot wok
This is mainly it I think. Getting the sear on everything including the rice gives it more flavor. Do everything in small batches over high heat with a high smoke point oil.

Also make sure there's enough onion, fried rice without enough onion just isn't as good.

>the secret to fried rice is leftover rice
I've worked in a few different Chinese restaurants and noone used leftover rice.

He probably meat to type "the secret to GOOD fried rice"

it's also a more important step at home because you probably don't have a super hot wok burner

but then I won't be able to have kids

good

Sesame oil, soy sauce, egg, maybe a dash of Accent

And you want to start with day old rice.

Boil rice then let it cool down in the fridge.
once cold you Fry in very hot wok
Add egg, garlic, soy sauce and a very small amount of fish sauce.

>
Sugar? You must be an Amerishart.

I know a bit about Chinese restaurants

the rice is left over cold rice
the flavor comes from the oil they use. This oil is the same oil that they stir fry the meat from all other meat dishes in. It has tons of flavor in it from the chicken, beef, pork, & egg fats that remain in the oil after stir frying.

It would be impossible to get that flavor from fresh vegetable oil.

In your case, that's a good thing.

Moron

>hot wok
>peanut oil
>lots of chopped onion and garlic (don't add the garlic at the same time as the onions, it will burn and get bitter)
>sliced celery
>bean sprouts
>dried black fungus, reconstituted and sliced into thin ribbons
>meat of your choosing, sliced very thin
>shaoxing wine
>soy sauce
>"seasoning liquid" (usually you can find either knorr or maggi brand)
>1 tablespoon of ketchup (fine, don't believe me, your loss)
>1 teaspoon Chinese mustard
>white pepper
>cold rice
>sliced scallions added at the end
>a couple of beaten eggs

Sugar in savoury rice? You fuckin serious? You damn septics won't eat anything unless it has copious amounts of fat, cheese, bacon or sugar. And then you wonder why the rest of the world laughs at your elasticated waist bands on your jeans.

Drink up nigger

All of those, NO SUGAR ADDED.

who are you kidding user? you were never going to have kids.

You have bad comprehension skills.

Oh, fuck, I forgot
>a little sesame oil towards the end for the flavor
How could I forget.....

Were you fed rice pudding as a young lad?

Sesame oil or toasted sesame oil? Toasted is my favourite.

The Chinese way is to use the cheapest oil, not anything specific.

Day old rice, a hot wok and sesame oil are the most important things. The vegetable and meat (except maybe onion) are interchangeable. Also, add the sesame oil about halfway through cooking, it has a moderate smoke point and will burn in a hot wok.

Toasted is great, whichever you prefer.

>Chinks
Yea fuck you I'm not giving you any advice

youtube.com/watch?v=BJP5f-fsHrs

I'm a white guy, how can I attract an Asian wife?

4 years of computer science

Local triad restaurant guy uses palm oil. Is this common? Thought it was butter for the longest time.

Being white usually is easy mode for Asian girls.

t. Asian guy

Somehow I've only dated white girls. I guess people just want whatever is exotic to them.

Literally just soy sauce. I don't think you can taste any of the other ingredients in your picture.

This is the answer, and why people can't normally recreate good fried rice at home.

Fried rice is literally a everything in one pot get rid of whatever left over you have dish.

It's never considered a dish that's "gourmet". it's something the wife, or mother, makes the next morning with previous days' left overs.

White people's obsession with it is just so odd.

in short, it never meant to be tasty nor it requires anything special to make. It is literally dump everything in the wok and heat it up.

and how do they make the tiny meat pieces so red?

That's Chinese red pork / bbq pork

is that some sort of spice?

that looks like charsiu

>homemade chicken stock

this is often overlooked, but alternatively you can use powdered chicken noodle soup mix as a seasonal substitute. that's what i used at my old job + some proprietary soy based stir fry sauce, sesame oil, and salt.

i don't get the leftover rice thing though

>using "septic tank" for "yank"

literally nobody has ever fucking said this in Australia in the last 50 years

try dushbara instead bro

Bullshit

I've been called a seppo by Aussies many times on the internet.

seppo

>proprietary soy based stir fry sauce

anyone here into dushbara? picture related, is dushbara

Cheap oil is usually refined stuff with a high smoke point anyway
No idea, but I'm going to guess that most places use soybean or peanut oil. You shouldn't use butter for fried rice because it'll burn though, but clarified butter or ghee would be okay.

you can stop forcing this meme now

Leftover rice is dry and keeps the shape of the individual grains while still staying sticky
At least when I make it compared to fresh rice

>Sugar in salty rice?
what about salt in sugary rice?

I don't think anyone really considers fried rice gourmet. Some people probably find it interesting because it uses tools and techniques that aren't common to them, the wok and frying the rice. And just because it's a way to use up leftovers doesn't mean there can't be a couple techniques that make it better.
Some recipes use chili or red bean paste but it's usually red food coloring

seppo

When you ever learn to cook somewhere nice youll realise that most restaurant food has a lot of sweet and a lot of butter in it. Especially butter.
And sugar is added to a fuck lot of savory and salty dishes. Its called balance in a dish you retarded cangaroo nigger.

t. german chef who learned in france.

- Chill your rice to dry it and then warm your rice to make it stick less.
- There are two different traditions, a proper one where you make scrambled eggs first and they're noticeable pieces/a heavier one developed as Japanese "takeout Chinese" that pours them in almost last for an even yellow color. A lot of northeastern US Chinese restaurants based their American-tastes one on that and you may be more used to it.
- While soy alone is valid as a seasoning, you're more used to blends including Chinese-style chicken stock, oyster sauce (use either a decent brand or a Buddhist substitute, the cheapest are mostly sugar and cornstarch), some Shaoxing wine, maybe a pinch of Ajinomoto.
- And yeah, wok has to be as hot as you can get it. If something's burning, don't turn it down, stir harder. The initial bits of char that French cuisine considered bad presentation and we're all trained in the US to avoid, are the peak of wok cooking.

There's a fermented tofu with an intense red color. Then in cheaper restaurants it's usually topped off with good old McCormick's for consistency and intensity.

mong

Half-chink here.
You need a lot of oil (more than you think you need), egg, and either soy sauce or msg (or both). Stir fry like crazy, never let the rice seat. That’s the basis. Add whatever the fuck you want, in small pieces of course. That’s how my mom do it anyway.

Has anyone mentioned MSG yet?

crumble seaweed on top
that shit's the finishing touch

Dark and light soy sauce, egg, oil, pepper, MSG. Without MSG fried rice seems like it's missing something that you can't quite put your finger on. At least in the UK anyway, no clue how American Chinese food is but our takeaways use a ton of that shit.

Look up Khoan Vong on YouTube, his stuff is the closest I've found to what I'm used to from Chinese places.

Bumping for a little advice about cook order.

So I have leftover white rice, egg, onion, scallion, garlic, hot peppers, oyster and soy sauce. Some peanuts.
And I have homemade chicken stock in my freezer.
Is generally accepted as the order? I've seen some people itt mention the chicken stock but when would you add that to the rice and how much to not make it mushy?

Lots of money and patience.

They called me a seppo when I shilled for gay marriage.

Is it "huge" or is it just how gravity works?

I'm the guy who posted that, but I didn't really go in order. I just started listing ingredients mentally and typing them, but some came out in order.
As far as chicken stock, if you use it, you wouldn't want to use too much, and I'd add it with the other liquid seasonings.

I have not made my own fried rice for the longest time. This thread makes me want to get started again.
The question is, what protein to use?

MSG

I have recently started doing a very basic fried rice following pic related. I use cold rice from a day before, and mix it with egg (1 egg per cup of rice approx), before putting it in the nice and hot pan. I also use onion, garlic and other fillings like carrots.

It's ok, but my problem is that when I put the rice in the pan, the bottom part kinda sticks to the pan. When I add soy suace it sometimes losens a bit, but it usually burns a bit.

What am I doing wrong?

I was about to call you an idiot for not putting any sesame oil in the damn thing.

Your pan isn't seasoned properly, it's not hot enough, or you're trying to cook too much rice at once. Egg sticks pretty badly to cookware that isn't heated or seasoned properly.

my jap mom puts a little consomme powder into the fried rice and black pepper and its good to keep the rice dry.

Here's how you can do a quick seasoning for stainless steel, I've done this before and made pancakes in it and they slid around easily. Just make sure you get as much of the oil out as you can or your food will taste like burned oil.

wholelifestylenutrition.com/health/how-to-cook-on-season-a-stainless-steel-pan-to-create-a-non-stick-surface/

>not hot enough
I am actually not using high heat, as I thought that higher temperature = more stuff sticks to the pan. So maybe this is where I am wrong.

Will also try seasoning when I get a better pan.

Well played

>as I thought that higher temperature = more stuff sticks to the pan
It depends on what you're cooking. If you were doing fried eggs or something then it would stick more because it would be in the pan long enough to burn, but stuff for fried rice usually isn't in the pan very long so high heat is okay.

You can kind of test to see if your pan is hot enough by flicking a bit of water in it and seeing if it reacts like in this gif. If the water beads up and doesn't immediately evaporate then it should be hot enough to add the oil (and let it heat up a little) and start cooking. Don't flick water into the pan if oil is already in there though, obviously, or it'll make the hot oil pop and splatter.

Stupid fuck, why would I share secrets if you keep calling them chinks. Fuck you keep eating your bullshit food

Fried onions on top desu

forgot to add t. chink, sorry

t. chink

post your mom

Chinamen, or 'Orientals' as they like to be called use woks that get to 600 degrees in seconds and turn the soy sauce that's added to fried rice into some super element of flavour. It's like scorching a steak on an 700 degree charcoal fire. It's only attainable at high heat. Stop calling them gooks, chinks, slopes and zipperheads. They might help you out.

>only 6 posts mentioning msg

IT IS FUCKING MSG

man sack goo? jesus christ.

>using sugar instead of sweet soy

Serious question about this though.

For all you Asians, would you rather be called "asian" or "oriental"?
I'm seriously asking, because I live in an area with tons of people from Asian and pan-Asian countries, and one of the asian-run markets they ALL shop at is called "Oriental Market". And since none of them care even the tinest bit, I'm wondering if they like or prefer that term?

As the duly elected representative of all Asians and Asiatic peoples, we prefer when you stumble over your dumb feet caring.

My post was a joke. You don't call people chinamen or orientals. They asian kin folk of the jungle. Aurasitangs, if you prefer.

The "sallow folk", the yellow of all peoples. The smooth skinned yellows of the rice.

I know your post was a joke, silly. But my question is valid. If they're so offended by the word "oriental", why haven't they demanded their local market change their name?

I personally call them rice niggers to avoid the debate between asian and oriental.

Oriental is supposed to be some antiquated term that was derogatory. I guess. Idk man I honestly don't give a shit. But it should refer to proper Asia: China Korea and Japan. Everybody else are jungle dwellers.

kek

M S G
S
G

either is fine with me desu. My boyfriend's grandma and many of my older patients use "oriental", I think it's cute.

why did ever gang up on you with the same joke lol. It wasn't even that good

Thanks for actually answering my question. I mean, I'm not "wanting" to call Asians "Oriental", I was just curious if it is a big deal or if it pisses people off, since apparently even some Asians use it around here. I do think the word has an elegant sound to it (At least in english), but I'm not looking to offend anyone.

It just takes a bit of love, OP.