Extinct by 2050

>Extinct by 2050
Thoughts on chocolate?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2014/02/13/world/africa/cocoa-nomics-from-bean-to-bar/index.html
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/21/cocoa-crisis-world-chocolate-stash-melting-away
archive.is/i0Bwj
mastbrothers.com/collections/chocolate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i don't eat it much i'm not a woman

I had some chocolate but my roommate stole it.
>she's a woman

>Extinct by 2050
Do you have a proper source for this claim? I'd say it would have about as big of an impact as coffee being extinct.

Good riddance

I bet they have chocolate flavored chemicals so they will still be able to make things like oreos from that + the ash of human corpses

I remember reading about it a back back. The problem was that the plants take 3 years per harvest and its just not profitable. There were other reasons, but I don't remember it all. The bottom line was that farmers were moving away from cocoa. At the very least, prices will be going up sometime in the next century.

cnn.com/2014/02/13/world/africa/cocoa-nomics-from-bean-to-bar/index.html

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/21/cocoa-crisis-world-chocolate-stash-melting-away

... not the greatest sources. just the top of the google page.

Some people are working on being able to grow meat on its own, we'll probably be doing the same thing for everything else eventually. Pic related will be "why grow a whole plant just for the cocoa bean?"

>... not the greatest sources. just the top of the google page.
It's just more bullshit clickbait pushed to the first page by google designed to get stupid people interested

A rich, tasty treat.

In vitro meat will never be a thing, it's just a huge waste of money companies keep pushing to get more investors
Climate change is a hoax and we will figure out a way to combat pollution anyways
Factory farming will still be a thing 500 years in the future

I doubt it, it's expensive right now because it's a new technology. It's dropped in price a lot since it was first being done.

It's not just about climate change and pollution, but how the animals are treated that makes some people want cultured meat.

>[thing] is a hoax and we will figure out a way to combat [cause of [thing]] anyways
you people crack me up, and make me very sad at the same time.

Also
>disco_stu holding_disco_sales_graph.jpg

This is probably true

People really do fall for so much technology related miracle shit nowadays

Also nobody in this thread will have any kind of immortality, you will all die.

I genuinely don't care. I don't like sweets in general but even in that chocolate is super low tier for me

Can't say I'll miss it

Ha ha. All of your links are to left wing organisations. Google is left wing. Cnn is left wing. And the Guardian newspaper is left wing. Did you know that the BBC (another left wing corporation) buys the Guardian newspaper for every one of its employees. The BBC is the only thing from stopping the Guardian from going bust. Left wing news is FAKE NEWS.

Gotta eat them all before they go extinct.

>I remember reading about it a while back
Discarded.

>Gas all used up by 1970
>Ice caps to be melted 100% by year 2000
>etc

most of the world's cocoa is harvested by slaves in africa. bleeding heart progressives will pass laws mandating fair trade and effectively cut off most of the world's cocoa harvest from the Western world.

Once all the stupid bandwagoning pussies stop crying about genetic engineering, I'll tell you the future, it's genetic engineering.

Foods are nothing.
China is already developing an army of 8 foot tall super chads.

>not reading about it a back back

Imagine believing Hershey's, Mars, or any of the other candy mega-behemoths would allow chocolate to go extinct. Three years to harvest the beans? Bitch, these are companies who won't patent their candy-making techniques because they consider it a short-term idea.

Big fuckin woop

>implying I'll still be alive in 30 years let alone my tastebuds still functioning.

Although maybe it's time to start hoarding some cocoa. I wonder how much cocoa it would take to get a ten year old in the year 2050 to suck you off

>implying 10 yos won't be legal in 2050
>implying my flaccid wiener will still work in 2050

Damn I was born in the wrong time

>Also nobody in this thread will have any kind of immortality, you will all die.
you ok?

Most cocoa comes from South America.

You are a disgusting pedo piece of shit

>Climate change is a hoax and we will figure out a way to combat pollution anyways
>we will deny something because that's how you focus on it to find solutions

Luckily for me, I'll die before it's an issue!

Enough Faggotry, can we please just upload chocos?

500 years is a long fucking time, dude.

Airplanes didn't exist 100 years ago, electricity didn't exist 500 years ago in the human capacity to use it.

He's talking about howmany scientists believe immortality is only a handfull of decades away. Therefor alotof people believe they might get lucky, but 1) we most likely will never find a cure for aging 2)No way in hell they'll give this to the public.

>airplanes didn’t exist 100 years ago
how did we drop nukes on japan then, retard?

...do you think the 1940s was 100 years ago?

>Steam engines will never be a thing, it's just a huge waste of money companies keep pushing to get more investors
>Oil will never be a thing, it's just a huge waste of money companies keep pushing to get more investors
>Computers will never be a thing, it's just a huge waste of money companies keep pushing to get more investors

Every year something is always "going extinct"
>babans r goign extinct!!!11!! saev my banananas!
>cocaoc gooring egg stink!11!!!!!11 save muh ccoachalate!!!
>implying we won't genetically modify a new cocoa plant that grows in 3 months that's immune to practically everything and can grow in cement and one bean has the potency as an entire plant

If it wasn't profitable, companies wouldn't sell chocolate. Try again retard.

This, having food reproduce and grow is exponentially more efficient
Didn't you see the new Bladerunner?

Ancient romans had electricity, they just didnt understand it so couldnt do anything with it sgort of fancy trinkets. Some ancient nomad cultures also had primitive batteries.

A bald assertion isn't an argument.

the world is going to descend into chaos within the century anyway

I'm sure it will be replaced similar to banananas

In cuba they've used burned peas in place of coffee before. Tastes like shit apparently.
archive.is/i0Bwj

I've heard of olde cooke booke with roasted acorn coffee too.

>confirmation bias

A screencap for ants?

Good shit but I barely eat it aside from Christmas confectioneries.

i fucking love it but i'm on hrt so don't take my word for it please i'm mentally ill and have a death wish

It's okay, global warming will kill us all first

What's a good website to order imported chocolate? What country would you recommend?

belgium, switzerland, and finland
t. belgian

You bet!

It's American, but it did seem highly interesting to me so I figured I'd share its existence with you and anyone else. I thought their stuff seems mighty tasty. I even watched a video about how they make their chocolate. Pretty cool stuff. And Google says they only have employed like 50 people. Good investment if you ask me. Just gotta find the right marketers.
mastbrothers.com/collections/chocolate

>Also nobody in this thread will have any kind of immortality, you will all die.

>implying death is to be feared

And a ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn to you too, my friend

You HAVE to go back, pal.

preach brother. Fuck left libtard institutions, like journalism and science