What's our opinion on quinoa? Share your fav recipe ploix

What's our opinion on quinoa? Share your fav recipe ploix

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uSP-ewdJYJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't get into it. One of the few foods I don't care for.

its alien food

mom gave me a bag to try and i cant bring myself to cook it textures freak me out i dont eat watermelon because of the texture

Great in soups.

nutritionally no different from oats. stupid food trendies and (((marketers))) caused a spike in demand. which drove up prices for poor people in south america. which eat it as a cheap staple crop.

I like it with some good spices and a dollop of marmite. Nice alternative to rice.

Key-wah

Quinn-Noah

Nutritionally this is different from oats. Oats is said to have more protein but quinoa has a higher quality protein. Quinoa is also lower in carbs and calories.

I've been cooking quinoa similar to a spanish farro recipe that I got off of foodwishes. I throw a can of beans and a can of corn in the pot once cooked then make freezer burritos with it. It's pretty good.

White guilt libtards have decided that wheat is racist, so they choke down this foul-smelling "diversity food" in order to apologize for inventing space travel, vaccines, and the internet.

That's nice, dear.

Solid kek

Solid point, but learn to rinse your food, mongrel.

Tryhard blabbering

As a usually whole food vegan, I have seitan sandwiches at holiday meals so I don't need to share my food with the fat women there.

Been a good substitute for rice and I’ve lost (and KEPT) weight off cuz of it

I think price wise it’s stabilized a lot too

SJWs are living inside of user's head rent-free lmfao.

Cook it with chx stock, some tomato paste, and green chilies. Kind of a mexican rice vibe.

Here is a weird one. Quarter cup of quinoa and a half cup of regular oats ground into powder ( coffee grinder works) then cooked into a soup with stock, ground dried chilies and dried crushed mushroom. Technically this is gruel.

i usually just cut my rice with some quinoa in a roughly 4:1 ratio. that said, when making it solo, i like making it like i would a pilaf. touch of olive oil, some saffron. often add in some sparse amount of vegetables. i like using kabocha squash, as it's small enough for one whole one to be used in a good 1.5-2 cup sized bowl of quinoa and not overpower anything while adding a little sweetness to the dish

Keen wah

Makes good tabbouleh

Try this recipe, it's nutritious and flavoursome. Recipe comes with a spooky story
youtu.be/uSP-ewdJYJc

I really enjoy the nutty flavor and it gets really pronounced if you toast it in butter before cooking
I mix it with dried fruit and crushed nuts as its almost finished cooking
I mix the quinoa and fruit with hot curry and it balances the flavor nicely
It also makes good breakfast heated up with a couple eggs
Nutritionally it's pretty much oats but with more protein. Best alternative to millet or barley I've found, it goes great in soups and thin stews but it doesn't take a sauce as well as rice will

>FROG MOTHS CAME UP OUT OF THE GROUND
love lynch

1. Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh very thoroughly, then dump into salted water in a 1:1 ratio
2. Immediately cover pot and reduce to a bare simmer
3. Simmer until water is all absorbed, then remove from heat, fluff with a work, and leave it covered on the counter to cool

Meanwhile, caramelize some onions.

Make a dressing using some kind of nutty cold-pressed oil, like camelina or walnut, freshly squeezed lemon and mandarin orange juice, mandarin zest, fresh garlic, and salt. I like to blend this with black garlic, but if you don't have that, fig works well too.

Mix the quinoa with the caramelized onions, dressing, dried cranberries and crushed pistachios. Add more dressing/salt to taste. I like parsley in it too, but that's optional.

The quinoa will continue to 'cook' and soften from the acidity of the dressing, and that way you don't get a soggy, mushy quinoa salad.

What didn't you like about it? If it was too bitter for you that means you didn't rinse it enough.

Came here to post this

i found out it's not pronouced "queen-noah" after saying it incorrectly at the company cafeteria for a year. i later got the cafeteria employee fired by stuffing her purse full of company owned property.