Is Optimistic Nihilism the only true answer?

youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

Other urls found in this thread:

workshedpod.com/podcast/episode-32-the-skeptic-the-truth-the-dharma-with-douglass-smith
youtube.com/watch?v=yd1rCCWX0bo
youtube.com/watch?v=2KU-sSsSVow
youtube.com/watch?v=QOQiZbAPtW4
youtube.com/watch?v=-v-iNe1wVZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=Oi0V3Pycru0
youtube.com/watch?v=y2kuztpY9hA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like these guys.

Idk what philosophy I identify with but ON is defintely up there.

You're posting here. If you were to be an optimistic nihilist, just kill yourself. This place will be the further you will ever go.

fucking litlet.

this is called hedonism

next

Self-indulgence for the sake of it, does not ever go through a phase of complacency and inadequacy at our consciousness and ontologies surrounding the being. That video is much more akin to a hippie absurdism/existentialism. Then again maybe that silly ON title might be on purpose to reach out for the newbies, it sounds good because it's optimistic but also trendy because nihilism is a huge selling point for the capital.

no pessimistic ideology is the answer. Lets do a reasonable evaluation of the circumstances of existence for once and instead of reveling in this terrible situation of maximal turmoil and confusion, lets talk about how to get from point "a" to point "b" in a few moves as possible without incurring too much spiritual degradation. I can guarantee you it involves ending this simulated immortality (aka procreation) nonsense

the video says you should play video games and build utopia (where you can have fun all day). the selling point is the idiotic cartoon thinkpiece brand that channel has built for themselves.

Its pretty sad desu. There is no true contentment, just achieving false goals for something which is never truly "good", as nothing is really holds substantial meaning. You just put attributes over something so that you can feel good about yourself.

This video is exactly the type of philosophy attempts I would expect from STEMfags.
But it's still a nice channel though

How can I surpass nihilistic hedonism? Are there any compelling arguments against it?

I'm not normally the type of person to harp on this but this is reddit: the channel, about on par with "The Philosophy of Rick and Morty" type stuff

>the only true answer
workshedpod.com/podcast/episode-32-the-skeptic-the-truth-the-dharma-with-douglass-smith
youtube.com/watch?v=yd1rCCWX0bo
youtube.com/watch?v=2KU-sSsSVow
youtube.com/watch?v=QOQiZbAPtW4
youtube.com/watch?v=-v-iNe1wVZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=Oi0V3Pycru0
youtube.com/watch?v=y2kuztpY9hA

That video is literally espousing this episode of The Simpsons and we all know how that ended.

Doing what makes you feel good WITHIN REASON is the only sensible approach. Also, acknowledging you won't always feel good is important; and that you won't always know what makes you feel good anyway.

Video loses itself when it says 'bonus points for making others feel good' like making others feel good isn't primarily what makes you feel good.

Basically, I don't agree.

Time to go start up the Fourth Reich. Lots of Love Kurzgesagt!

My greatest internal struggle is my utter love for any future child I would bear, and the chance to fulfill myself through two of my life's at once, against the understanding that this world's cup has overfilled and everything now is runoff, and that most likely should I not bear child would I end my cycle of rebirth.

Both glow quite brilliantly.

Herpes or AIDS

If Nihilism is true, truth isn't the answer

>people unironically commenting the video

kys

>true answer
>nihilism

I think I jacked off under a bridge with that dude.

No, its for emotionally stunted retards who are looking for a way to justify their degenerate lifestyles.

now that´s what i call an optimistic nihilist

stemfag rick and morty retardation

"we don't know anything about consciousness yet it's observations allow us to access truths about an external reality we unknowingly assume to exist"

"nothing has any value so value these things I value, video games, utopia, etc"

"do what makes you feel good, even if it's rape and murder, GO TED BUNDY"

Nihilism is a form of despair, ergo a sickness, manifest through immediate men and women.

>Are there any compelling arguments against it?
None whatsoever. Morality is just a manmade, arbitray construct. Good and Evil don't exist. Just enjoy the ride. It doesn't matter anyway.
Better to feel good for a couple of moments and forget that everything is just a big joke.
Human consciousness is wonderful, but ultimatively pointless.
Go fuck the girl/boy you like, eat the stuff you like most and enjoy sleeping.

not an argument

>depraved sodomites pretending they're Matthew McConaughey in True Detective

>t. Christfag

>defending depraved sodomites

didn't even catch the video

who cares

We don't know everything about our universe and there are fields of study that are still shaky. It's not so much to say that something doesn't exist in that something might exist, but we don't really know enough yet to make a conclusive answer about our existence.

God did not make death, and takes no pleasure in the destruction of the living. For he made all things that they might be, and he made the nations that they might prosper: that there should be no poison of destruction in them, nor kingdom of hell upon earth. For justice is perpetual and immortal.

But the wicked by word and deed have brought death upon themselves; and deeming it a friend have fallen, having made a covenant with it: because they are worthy of its company.

For they have said, reasoning within themselves, but falsely: our life is tedious and short, and there is no cure for a man in the end, and no man has been known to return from the dead: we are born out of nothing, and after we shall be as though we had never been; our breath is a smoke, and speech a spark to move our heart, which being put out, our body shall decay, and our spirit dissipate into the air, and our life pass away traceless as a cloud, dispersed like a mist, which is driven away by the light and heat of the sun. In time, our name shall be forgotten, and nobody will have any remembrance of our deeds. Our time is passing like a shadow, and once it is over there can be no going back: for it is sealed, and no man ever returns.

Come, therefore, let us enjoy the pleasures of the present moment, and let us quickly consume the goods of the world as though we were young. Let us be inebriated with expensive wine, and ointed with perfume: and let not the flower of the time escape us. Let us crown ourselves with roses, before they wither: let us party in every meadow. Let none of us refrain from taking part in luxury, and leave everywhere proof of our joy: this is what has fallen into our hands.

Let us oppress the just man who is poor, and not spare the widow, or pay honour to the elderly. Let our strength be the right of law: for whatever is shown to be weak, is proven to be worthless. Therefore, let us lie in ambush for the just man, because he is not for us, and acts in a contrary way, and reminds us of our transgressions, and speaks against the sins of our way of life. He dares to boast that he knows God, and even call himself the son of God. He has become the accuser of our conscience. He is abominable to us, even to look at, for his way of life is not like other men’s, and his habits are very different. He looks down on us as triflers, and he abstains from our habits as from filth, and he favours the fate of the just, and glories in having God for his father.

Let us see how true his words turn out to be; let us test his fate, and see how he shall die. For if he is truly the son of God, then God will defend him, and rescue him out of the hands of his enemies. Let us put him to trial with mockery and torture, to see how humble and patient he really is. Let us sentence him to a thoroughly shameful death, and see if his words are true.

They thought these things, they were deceived: blinded by their own malice. They did not understand the secrets of God, nor hoped for the reward of justice, nor respected the honour of holy souls. For God first created man incorruptible, and in his own image and likeness; but by the envy of the devil, death came into the world: and they follow him that are of his side.

But the souls of the just are in God’s hands, and the torments of hell shall not touch them. In the sight of fools they seemed to die, and their departure was mistaken for misery, and their going away from us for utter destruction; but they are in peace. Though in the sight of men they suffered, their hope is full of immortality. Afflicted in a few things, they shall be rewarded in many: because God has tried them, and found them worthy of himself. As gold in the furnace he perfected them, and has received them as a victim of sacrifice, and in time they shall be respected. The just shall shine, and shall run here and there like sparks among the reeds. They shall judge nations, and rule over peoples, and their Lord shall reign in eternity. They that trust in him, shall perceive the truth; and they that are faithful in love shall abide in him, for grace and peace are to his elect. But the wicked shall be punished according to their own devices, who neglected the poor just man, and revolted against the Lord.

He that rejects wisdom and discipline, is unhappy: their hope is vain, their labours fruitless, their works unprofitable. Their wives foolish, their children wicked. Indeed, their offspring is cursed, for it is better to be barren, with a bed undefiled, and to be comforted by the visitation of holy souls. And the eunuch, who has clean hands, and who has not thought evil things against God: the precious gift of faith shall be given to him, and an acceptable place in the temple of God. The fruit of good deeds is glorious, and the root of wisdom is infallible.

But the children of adulterers shall never come to perfection, and the seed of the unlawful bed shall be uprooted. If they happen to live long, they shall not be respected, and their old age shall be without any honour. If they die early, they shall have no hope, nor any one to comfort them on the day of agony. For dreadful are the ends of a wicked race.